What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially takes Ole Miss DC job

I hope MacIntyre gets the Ole Miss DC job. Fine man who is a good football coach.

Then I want him to have a great season and parlay that into a new HC job that gets his career going again while eliminating the final 2 years of CU's financial obligations to him.

i just know how this is going to go. he'll get the ol miss dc gig. and he will instantly become known as a fierce recruiter. and, once again, i am going to wonder why do the football gods hate us.

naw, good luck to mm... a good guy and i hope he does well.

I wish M-Mac nothing but the best ... and appreciate the work he did to revive to some extent what was to say the least a somnolent program when he took the job. The 2016 campaign was the most inspiring in my CU fandom second only to that of 2001 under Gary. I will always be grateful for that and have nothing but total respect for the guy.

Does any salary he gets as a coach get deducted from the buyout?

Please change headline to interviewing for the Ole Miss Dc job.....

Just had a heart attack/what the F moment when i read that

Does any salary he gets as a coach get deducted from the buyout?
College HC or NFL HC/Assistant. Contract plain and simply states that for College it must be as a HC but others here will try to tell you otherwise for some reason unbeknownst to me.

College HC or NFL HC/Assistant. Contract plain and simply states that for College it must be as a HC but others here will try to tell you otherwise for some reason unbeknownst to me.
See Les Miles. A settlement will be negotiated.

I hope MacIntyre gets the Ole Miss DC job. Fine man who is a good football coach.

Then I want him to have a great season and parlay that into a new HC job that gets his career going again while eliminating the final 2 years of CU's financial obligations to him.
I would bet if he gets the ole miss DC job that a buyout is settled and paid soon so a head coaching job next off season wouldn’t do anything.

See Les Miles. A settlement will be negotiated.

I would bet if he gets the ole miss DC job that a buyout is settled and paid soon so a head coaching job next off season wouldn’t do anything.

i don't understand what you two are talking about...

if the contract provides for an offset only in the case where he is a college HC or an nfl assistant, then no one is going to settle anything if he takes a college dc job.

the reason les "settled" is he knew he was going to take a hc job. and, he basically threatened lsu-- either you guys pay me out something now or i'll just sit on the sidelines for another year and collect your money. this is an entirely different situation.

we're going to end up paying mm his money. ol miss dc is a perfect next step for him so he can double-dip. he'll go there for 2-3 years and then go take a hc job somewhere, with our 9.75mm in his pocket.

now, if you all would like to point to some contract language that suggests offset in the case of him taking a college assistant job, i'd be interested in that, as i haven't read his contract-- i have only read reports that say the offset triggers in the 2 cases i listed above, not in the case of him becoming a coordinator.

It is complex. But I think @BuffsNYC did a good job in getting me shifted in the right direction.

The foundation of the contract is for Macintyre to create relief for Colorado via a legitimate job search and acceptance. While the guaranteed job offsets are specified as college HC and NFL coach, Colorado has the right to seek relief even in cases when he finds employment not listed in the guaranteed offset section.

Once macintyre accepts the ole piss job, Colorado and his representatives will either mediate the matter or do it through the courts. Either way, Colorado will get some sort of offset relief.

Please change headline to interviewing for the Ole Miss Dc job.....

Just had a heart attack/what the F moment when i read that
Done. My bad (first post). After seeing all of the great endorsements HCMT received, I was curious to see who was endorsing FHCMM...besides himself...

Our monetary needs are what drive our wish for success for him.
J/k, his success is a win-win for us all. He's a good man and leader, knows his D, and I wish him all the best.

MM and Jimmie Sexton (FIRED BY MEL TUCKER) are going to squeeze the piss out of CU. I agree that MM will be a DC for the next 3 years and then as soon as he is paid, he may even go and be a G5 Coach again to restart his career. He is plenty young and if the contract is what it is, then I too would skirt the edges and double dip this deal all the way to the bank!

Our monetary needs are what drive our wish for success for him.
J/k, his success is a win-win for us all. He's a good man and leader, knows his D, and I wish him all the best.
:D

Yeah. My post could be taken like I was tongue-in-cheek. But both parts were sincere. I respect MM as a man & coach. I selfishly want to see millions of dollars freed up for the CU football program.

MM and Jimmie Sexton (FIRED BY MEL TUCKER) are going to squeeze the piss out of CU. I agree that MM will be a DC for the next 3 years and then as soon as he is paid, he may even go and be a G5 Coach again to restart his career. He is plenty young and if the contract is what it is, then I too would skirt the edges and double dip this deal all the way to the bank!

You think the Ole Miss staff survives three years? Good luck.

It is complex. But I think @BuffsNYC did a good job in getting me shifted in the right direction.

The foundation of the contract is for Macintyre to create relief for Colorado via a legitimate job search and acceptance. While the guaranteed job offsets are specified as college HC and NFL coach, Colorado has the right to seek relief even in cases when he finds employment not listed in the guaranteed offset section.

Once macintyre accepts the ole piss job, Colorado and his representatives will either mediate the matter or do it through the courts. Either way, Colorado will get some sort of offset relief.
Thank you for clarifying, no one has actually stated it this way before. I didn’t realize they have the right to seek relief without the guaranteed offset

First, our contracts people need to fix coach contracts so we won't have to deal with this kind of thing again-this gray area relative to this particular job or any other assistant gig MM might take in college coaching is ridiculous to me. He'll make more money at Ole Miss as a DC than he would at any G5 gig he could have gotten. Second, Sexton got canned by CMT for leaking the news that he had accepted this job last weekend-That doesn't change the fact that he (and CAA) still have a relationship they have to maintain with this university in this case. Nobody knows when we might make a change in MBB or FB down the line again, and this is a relationship driven business.

MM might want that, but Sexton and CAA won't IMO-This is a relationship driven business, and you never know when we could find ourselves in the market for a new football or men's basketball coach again. Can't damage the relationship with RG and the CU AD as a whole by playing games with a situation like this.

I believe there is writing that he has to make a legitimate try at another P5 or NFL coaching position, otherwise the payout is either reduced or nullified. I think

I believe there is writing that he has to make a legitimate try at another P5 or NFL coaching position, otherwise the payout is either reduced or nullified. I think

What does that mean? Are we in the position of a Welfare office and he has to validate an interview of some kind every few weeks? Has he interviewed for any HC Jobs? I am amazed we did not here about some of the G5 jobs.

I think an argument could be made that if he accepts a DC job, that he is in effect passing on any potential HC jobs. That would, in theory, trigger the “good faith effort” clause and would push both sides to negotiate a settlement.

I don't agree with this. You should learn this in 1L Contracts. 4 Corners are clear and unambiguous = no parole evidence of intent. Again, the Contract is specific regarding the ability to offset. College HC and NFL AC or HC. I think MM has every incentive to take a higher-paying college Coordinator job and double dip for the entire time. Good job by his agent. Probably not a great job by CU's attorney.

Back