What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre - Top 25 Class

HawaiiBUFF

Club Member
Club Member
It's incredible to look at how far the University of Colorado has come since Mike MacIntyre has arrived on campus in 2013. 2013 was also his first recruiting class with the school. It wasn't a class that he recruited from the beginning, but one that he had to work hard to retain and add some of his own players before National Signing Day.

Today, we signed the #27 recruiting class according to ESPN. We signed a total of 4 Top-300 Recruits, 7 total 4 star recruits and also 18 3 star recruits. I wanted to break down each class from the overall ranking, 4 stars etc.

2013 (4-8):
Overall Rank - 67
ESPN 300 - 0
4 Star - 1
3 Star - 18
2 Star - 0
NR - 4

2014 (2-10):
Overall Rank - 71
ESPN 300 - 0
4 Star - 0
3 Star - 20
2 Star - 1
NR - 2

2015 (4-9):
Overall Rank - 67
ESPN 300 - 0
4 Star - 3
3 Star - 12
2 Star - 2
NR - 2

2016 (10-4):
Overall Rank - NR
ESPN 300 - 0
4 Star - 0
3 Star - 15
2 Star - 1
NR - 1

2017 (TBD):
Overall Rank - 27
ESPN 300 - 4
4 Star - 7
3 Star - 18
2 Star - 1
NR - 1

This year was one of the most unbelievable turn arounds that no one saw coming. Mike MacIntyre won the PAC12 South with some of the lowest ranked recruiting classes in the country. I can't wait to see what he can do with some of the best...it's going to be a magical ride!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! That's amazing! What's slightly disappointing is we had Newman and missed out on some other highly rated kids. Whatever let's kick some ass and then out recruit everyone next year. This is a great class!

Where do you get 7 4 stars from? That's some funny math.
GIF-Math.gif

I was looking at a map from the PAC12 showing where all of the schools recruits came from. This is what stood out to me: not a single Colorado kid signed with a conference foe. When, if ever, has that happened before?

I was looking at a map from the PAC12 showing where all of the schools recruits came from. This is what stood out to me: not a single Colorado kid signed with a conference foe. When, if ever, has that happened before?
Washington State signed a kid from valor I believe

Really excited about this class it's a complete class, would've like to have seen one more RB though. Thinking ahead to the next 2-3 yrs this bunch will insure that we will be more than competitive and will set up some great games to watch. Watching Moretti, Lynott & Polley up front will be a lot of fun. It contains a number of players that are physically closer to playing early & players that competed against high level competition. This class IMO will be the one that separates us from most in the division and move us closer to the top. May not be on the level with sc or ucla but is way better than the rest for sure. Good class and it's not a stretch to see it win 36-39 games before it graduates and that's something to look forward to. GO BUFFS

Probably doesn't matter that much, but when I looked at the Rivals' rankings, I realized that CU lead the nation in the number of 3 stars (21). That's pretty cool to me. Now if we can just turn 5 or 6 of those into four stars next year. And throw in a five for good measure.

Back