What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Stoops fired

Here we go already, do we have to rename the title of this to "Coaching Carousel?

Agree with others here that there is 0 chance of Peterson or Belotti going to AZ. That's like us saying Les Miles or Belotti was coming here.

I think Leach would love to come play in a real conference, especially a real conference that doesn't play defense. He'd be the biggest name AZ could pull IMO

The coaching situation in the South is a complete frigging joke right now (New-weasel, Dennis friggin Erickson, vacancy in AZ, Lane frigging Kiffin), and we're too inept to reel off Division titles like we should be doing. This feeld alot like the Big 12 North 2002-2005.

The coaching situation in the South is a complete frigging joke right now (New-weasel, Dennis friggin Erickson, vacancy in AZ, Lane frigging Kiffin), and we're too inept to reel off Division titles like we should be doing. This feeld alot like the Big 12 North 2002-2005.
To be fair we haven't played a South team yet but I hear what you're saying. If we had any resemblance of a BCS team, we could take the South with relative ease.

Earlier than I expected. Thought he might survive the season, given that this is Arizona we're talking about...although I thought they'd get 4-5 wins, not 1-2 (that sounds familiar)

A Barnett team would have owned this division.

Agreed. But although this would be the perfect time to be owning this division... I think the division will always be up for grabs. Sure USC might rise back, but it'll be longer than most think and possibly a lot longer if Kiffin really flames out (best case is for him to be moderately successful for awhile, cause USC would probably be able to hire a stud who could change things quick kinda like Bammer did). Other than that I don't see any teams have sustained periods of dominance in our division... best shot would probably be us when we get back to where we should be.

Yup because he actually recruited BCS players, unlike the last clown. Which division is worse? The 2011 Pac 12 South or the 2002-2005 Big 12 North?

Tough, probably gotta see the year play out all the way first but Probably the Big 12 North years... ISU nearly won the division twice, I highly doubt the Pac 12 south number 2 is as bad as ISU was then. Those CU teams (and the one KSU team) that won the division were probably about even with ASU this year.

No chance Petersen goes to Arizona...Wilner's just trying to stir something up. Same thing happened a few years ago when Byrne was AD at Mississippi State. Some blog reported he had taken the job and Pete hadn't even interviewed. He turned down Stanford, folks. He ain't going to Arizona.
I think Sonny Dykes would be intriguing, and of course Leach.

You guys saying this division should be a cake walk, don't count out fUCLA. Major recruiting pipline. Get the right guy in there and they could be a force.

You guys saying this division should be a cake walk, don't count out fUCLA. Major recruiting pipline. Get the right guy in there and they could be a force.

And they've been saying that for how long? Reminds me of aTm a lot.

who predicted Stoops out by midseason in Creatini prediction thread? okay it was resignation but same thing.

one for me.

Unless fUCLA beats fUSC, there's no way fNeuhiesel keeps his job after this year.

Uh, didn't we play USC in 2002?

Yes, and they kicked the sh*t out of us.

I hope UA does hire Peterson. Boise coaches have a long history of sucking everywhere else. I don't see how Peterson would be any different.

BBB - not better business bureau.... Big Brother Bob will hire him back, don't feel to sorry for him

Kish is a guy who will have a lot of schools calling if he ends up leaving Zona after this season. Good coach and good recruiter who recruits the Phoenix area for the Wildcats.

i'd wager Peterson doesn't take the U of A job. he seems content to be the Mark Few of college football. as others have said, he could do better than U of A. frankly, i can't think of a job that if CP showed interest that wouldn't be reciprocated by a school making a hire. heck, good chance both the UCLA and USC jobs are coming open pretty soon....if he wants to stay west.

i'd wager Peterson doesn't take the U of A job. he seems content to be the Mark Few of college football. as others have said, he could do better than U of A. frankly, i can't think of a job that if CP showed interest that wouldn't be reciprocated by a school making a hire. heck, good chance both the UCLA and USC jobs are coming open pretty soon....if he wants to stay west.

I can. Hint: Ralphie.

Back