What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Monday Grab Bag: Playoffs?!

RSSBot

News Junkie
Not for nothing, but why do the NBA Playoffs have to take up two entire months? *Series are dragged out as long as possible, depriving them of any rhythm and energy. *For example, My Bulls played their first game against Washington yesterday afternoon, but wouldn't play a potential game seven until May 3rd. *Some series could potentially be even longer, with the Nets and Raptors starting Saturday the 19th, and potentially going until May 4th. *That's over a fortnight! *To play an opening round series!

It happens every year. *Right around the time I forget which teams are even playing, the NBA sticks them back up on the calendar, leaving me to ask, 'wait, what game is it, again?' The end result is that the entirety of an NBA Season takes up nine months. *NINE! *And you though baseball was needlessly verbose...

Of course, the answer is money. *The Association and their television partners figure the best way to squeeze as much water from this stone as possible is to drag the proceedings out, giving the consumer a slow-drip of games each night. *But this artificially-lengthened schedule does a disservice to the game, the fans, and the players. *We really couldn't get this thing done in a month and a half? *Get serious.

--

Today in the bag, I'm talking decision week for the Mayor before taking a look at select series from the NBA and NHL playoffs.

Click below for the bag...

Read more »
QTTrgNm8fXY

Not for nothing, but why do the NBA Playoffs have to take up two entire months? *Series are dragged out as long as possible, depriving them of any rhythm and energy. *For example, My Bulls played their first game against Washington yesterday afternoon, but wouldn't play a potential game seven until May 3rd. *Some series could potentially be even longer, with the Nets and Raptors starting Saturday the 19th, and potentially going until May 4th. *That's over a fortnight! *To play an opening round series!

It happens every year. *Right around the time I forget which teams are even playing, the NBA sticks them back up on the calendar, leaving me to ask, 'wait, what game is it, again?' The end result is that the entirety of an NBA Season takes up nine months. *NINE! *And you though baseball was needlessly verbose...

Of course, the answer is money. *The Association and their television partners figure the best way to squeeze as much water from this stone as possible is to drag the proceedings out, giving the consumer a slow-drip of games each night. *But this artificially-lengthened schedule does a disservice to the game, the fans, and the players. *We really couldn't get this thing done in a month and a half? *Get serious.

--

Today in the bag, I'm talking decision week for the Mayor before taking a look at select series from the NBA and NHL playoffs.

Click below for the bag...

Read more »
QTTrgNm8fXY

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back