What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Montez and Overreaction

You seem to think you know how all these men feel about a lot of things.

I know that I do not like sharing this post with you, so there is no way Chiv and Lindgren can get along. I would be pissed to be called a Co-Poster with you!!!

For those of you who have seen games live, what is happening post snap with the WR group, before rush and flush?

What are the routes, separation, finding soft spots, reacting to scramble, ability to come back to the ball?

Can’t see this on TV or without All 22 Film.

In the world of Type A Macho Male Coaches, having Co-Anything is stupid! ... Technically, Lindgren was Demoted and Chiv was Promoted, but it seems that Lindgren still believes he has clout. Chiv cannot be happy ...
that makes Chiv look bad as the Co-OC. I expect a change of some kind to be made at the end of the year, ... Anything else could continue to erode the relationship and be very scary. Lindgren literally recruits one QB per year and acts as though that is good enough. Dead weight!

Good god man, what are you? A twelve year old girl? This is embarrassing. Please stop.

Montez is not seeing the field. We have the best receiver core in years and an offense built to get at least one guy open. He’s missing the timing on his drop back which then puts our porous ol in jeopardy. He’s not getting better.

Montez is not seeing the field. We have the best receiver core in years and an offense built to get at least one guy open. He’s missing the timing on his drop back which then puts our porous ol in jeopardy. He’s not getting better.

Hmmmm. 19 for 32, 251 yards with 3 td's. Yeah, release him from scholarship immediately! How about getting him some more time in the pocket or the lack of play calling ability of one of the OC's. Montez is incredible when rolling out of the pocket, the OC/OC's need to realize this and put in packages around him to best use his skill set. That being said, he is still a solid QB in the pocket, he just needs more time from the OL, get him another .5 seconds to a full second and he will throw bombs downfield to those talented receivers. The CU problem is definitely not a QB problem. Giving up 327 yards rushing (23.4 per carry) and 4 TD's to a QB - THAT is a problem. An OL not giving your QB time to throw thru progressions, that is a problem.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="BuffinCali, post: 2299499Yeah, release him from scholarship immediately![/QUOTE]

Please don’t straw man me. The stats are misleading. He’s missing his first read consistently.

Steven just puts too much on it, say hello Elway, not necessary. He needs to quit trying to win the Heisman with every damn throw as well. His footwork is non existent. Fix your footwork one, then put air under the ball and let the receiver go get it. Hell of alot better than what I saw tonight.

Wow, must not be much of a curve because his numbers could've been much bigger and we'd have actually won probably. Thought that was supposed to be important.

It is really hard for me to criticize an offense that just put up 551 yards and 42 points. Then I remember that Northern Arizona put up 562 yards as the visitor against Arizona in Tucson earlier this year.

Recievers still not able to seperate and the OL still not able to pass protect...they did better tonight, but maybe the arizona D is that bad?

If you watch the game on TV, Edwards was consistently manhandled by Arizona's center/OL. We have no push or pass rush this year. Footballs starts with the OL and DL and we are horrible.

Finally, we utilized double TE and actually threw to them. What I don't understand was we clearly we are predictable offense earlier in the year with that bubble screen. Why don't we use that to set the defense up as that was so predictable. We don't even use that play now.

We also do not adjust well during games with is on the coaching staff. You would think they would have put 8 men in the box and had a spy on #14 and challenged UA to beat us in the air.

We probably will not win the games vs. ranked opponents and Cal will be a challenge.

Just one stop... every game we lose tou can point to one or two plays. Make that field goal? Or just stop tate one of any of those drives. We atleast are competitive in games now, compared to years ago.
I just wish our coaches had the ability to adjust to opponents weakness'.

If you watch the game on TV, Edwards was consistently manhandled by Arizona's center/OL. We have no push or pass rush this year. Footballs starts with the OL and DL and we are horrible.
This sums it up. Franke went in for gravy train at the end. The announcer said he was injured, but I kinda think he was pulled....

I don't think Montez is getting through his reads quick enough but I can tell you that from what I observed last night our 'elite' receiving corps is not getting open very quickly either. I think UA did a really good job in coverage last night.

Big Montez fan, but he really did fail on those overthrows to Fields last night. Not Steven's best night, at least in the second half when he occasionally had some time to throw the ball. Having said that, I like Bobo as the preferred go-to WR this year over anyone else that's getting PT at the position. Get Shenault on the field more. And keep using the TE.

Wasn't obvious what happened, but he was at the bottom of the pile, trainers came out and he had to be helped off the field, putting very little weight on one leg.
he definitely got up limping and the 1st thought had to be whether it would effect his throws

[QUOTE="BuffinCali, post: 2299499Yeah, release him from scholarship immediately!

Please don’t straw man me. The stats are misleading. He’s missing his first read consistently.[/QUOTE]
Hard to pick up the first read when you A) don't know if the ball is even going to make it to you & B) it doesn't which throws all the timing off & C) after scooping it up you look up and linemen is looking you in the face. The kid's not perfect I get it, still if you consider the adversities he's dealt with throughout this season he has done an admirable job.

Back