What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Move RMS back to campus.....NOW

Count me amoung those that won't travel from out of state again for a game in Denver. went to 4 of them, 3 wins 1 loss, not worth the effort, I'd rather spend my money in Boulder. I'd even consider flying in for a game in Ft. Fun just for the novelty.

CSU fans were more passionate about the game being played at Invesco before the long term contract was signed.

This game was probably a loser for CU as compared to having it at Folsom because of the poor attendance yesterday.

If not at Invesco, this would have been at the Fort. So we ended up making a lot more money than we otherwise would have. Worse than the game being in Denver is how bad it sucks for most of our out-of-state fans that this game is put on the Mountain. It's sad when people are thinking it would be so much better if the game had been broadcast on Versus.

i brought a friend who is a big wisconsin fan to the game. i was embarrassed at the atmosphere. that was the most sterile, dead, uninspired football game i have ever been to.

i brought a friend who is a big wisconsin fan to the game. i was embarrassed at the atmosphere. that was the most sterile, dead, uninspired football game i have ever been to.
you brought a friend from Wisconsin but no potatoes... shame on you

holy ****...

i hit 10,000 and missed it woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

i did it
[video]http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/351552/august-23-2010/stephen-wins-an-emmy?xrs=share_copy[/video]

Last edited:
I was at the lightning bolt game with my son and it was magical. I'll never forget it until Alzheimers kicks in. What was I saying? Oh, it was magical. I was there with my son.

JK. A combined 6-18 last year and the 12:00 start doomed this one. But if csu can become competitive and if CU becomes a national power again, Invesco will be a rocking place.

This just came to mind as well. Invesco. It even sucks for Bronco's games? WTF? The place was poorly designed. It is clinical. It has no atmosphere. I think the designers and the City of Denver and Pat Bowlen get a huge FAIL for Invesco. Does that company/fund even exist anymore?

Call me a traditionalist and I know it was falling apart, but there was nothing like the old Mile High. Not that this game should be played anywhere in Denver, but the old barn had character and history.

It looked pretty dead on TV, especially in the 2nd half. Not only that, someone (maybe Leash?) pointed out that while leaving the game you couldn't even tell who had won. That right there pretty much kills the argument that this is a rivalry and deserves the right to be played at a neutral site.

Call me a traditionalist and I know it was falling apart, but there was nothing like the old Mile High. Not that this game should be played anywhere in Denver, but the old barn had character and history.

Absolutely. NFL stadiums are so damm generic and sterile these days it's pathetic.

It looked pretty dead on TV, especially in the 2nd half. Not only that, someone (maybe Leash?) pointed out that while leaving the game you couldn't even tell who had won. That right there pretty much kills the argument that this is a rivalry and deserves the right to be played at a neutral site.

it was too damn hot to even muster the energy to talk smack. 45 thousand zombies left the stadium after the game.

It looked horrible on TV. If CSU wants the revenue that bad, we should make them play it at our place every year.

it was too damn hot to even muster the energy to talk smack. 45 thousand zombies left the stadium after the game.

I can certainly believe that. Not to defend this game being played in Denver by any means, but there were a number of factors that led to the small and lackluster crowd, the early start time being another one. For the sake of the fans attending a game, no game should ever kick off before 1pm local time.

Moving it out of Invesco would be a great first step. Canceling the series would be better. We should just play them every now and again so we can fill their slot with something more appealing.

I tried. I kept asking their fans if they knew where Hughes was so we could dance on their field. No one answered me. Maybe it was a don't feed the troll type situation but more likley it was because they didn't know.

The more I think about it, the more I think we're stuck with the game in Denver for a long time. Regardless of the fact that we're contractually obligated to play there until 2016 (I think), the simple fact of the matter is that while the game is in Denver, it can be added to the season ticket package and sold as a seventh home game. That's a lot of money the AD isn't just going to give up. The only way to kill the game would be to simply stop going, and I'm not there yet. As much as I have grown weary of the game in Denver, I'll continue to go. I think our best option right now is to complain loudly to Bohn about the conditions we're subjected to while at the game in Denver. Will it do any good? Hell if I know. But I think he does care.

The more I think about it, the more I think we're stuck with the game in Denver for a long time. Regardless of the fact that we're contractually obligated to play there until 2016 (I think), the simple fact of the matter is that while the game is in Denver, it can be added to the season ticket package and sold as a seventh home game. That's a lot of money the AD isn't just going to give up. The only way to kill the game would be to simply stop going, and I'm not there yet. As much as I have grown weary of the game in Denver, I'll continue to go. I think our best option right now is to complain loudly to Bohn about the conditions we're subjected to while at the game in Denver. Will it do any good? Hell if I know. But I think he does care.

Chip away at the game... Give bohn hell for the timing of the game. Point out how this game destroys his goals of providing a good game atmosphere, how the CSU fans didn't even show up. Anecdotes about how much visitors did not like the experience are good.

Step 1: pound the pavement till cracks show up.
Step 2: Widen said cracks.
Step 3: Game gone/boulder!

The #1 problem with the RMS is that it's schizoid.

The media story is always about families torn apart in some CSU-CU rivalry. The fans buy into the media generated smack talk by buying tickets for a brawl. Then the DPD shows up with tear gas and hand cuffs, hauling out dozens of fans for drunken and disorderly conduct, or MIP.

Then the CU and CSU administrations and DPD chastise the students and fans about the need for sportsmenlike behavior. Duh! We've been told this is a feud. What did you expect?

Instead of seeing empty seats, both universities and the promoters ought to consider their marketing.

Make that game fan friendly and family friendly. Each and every one of those empty seats could have been filled with some high school kid or younger, as some sort of "get to know your state colleges."

Parents and students need to be stimulated with an incentive to come to the game.

The media angle and the police warnings do NOT accomplish that goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
The RMS (aka Race of the Cripples) is lame from the get go. Stick in the giant diaphragm and it's worse. Call me a bad fan, but I didn't go and probably won't when it is at Mile High. CFB should be played on campus, even if that means going to that port a potty disguised as stadium that is Hughes.

Tough for attendance at a game not on either school's campus. The main issue this year was kickoff time... you don't kickoff an off campus game that is roughly an hour from CU and more from CSU at noon. If the kickoff is 5, then I bet there would be more people in attendance. It also doesn't help that neither program has really set the world on fire in the past few years.

I went this year because my friend had never seen Invesco. He was really excited then he saw the oversized office building and understood why I dislike the game there. I know that it brings in extra money but when all you look at is the bottom line you lose the feel that makes college football special.

The band pumps me up at the college games and so does the passion of the students. Both were squelched under load commercials and crappy music played on the load speakers. It felt like a nightmare of a pro footbal game.

The atmosphere SUCKED!!!

The #1 problem with the RMS is that it's schizoid.

The media story is always about families torn apart in some CSU-CU rivalry. The fans buy into the media generated smack talk by buying tickets for a brawl. Then the DPD shows up with tear gas and hand cuffs, hauling out dozens of fans for drunken and disorderly conduct, or MIP.

Then the CU and CSU administrations and DPD chastise the students and fans about the need for sportsmenlike behavior. Duh! We've been told this is a feud. What did you expect?

Instead of seeing empty seats, both universities and the promoters ought to consider their marketing.

Make that game fan friendly and family friendly. Each and every one of those empty seats could have been filled with some high school kid or younger, as some sort of "get to know your state colleges."

Parents and students need to be stimulated with an incentive to come to the game.

The media angle and the police warnings do NOT accomplish that goal.

This game was at its zenith with Brad VP for the Rams led by Buff Hater Sonny. You would not have to worry about empty seats when it was a rivalry. The fact is both programs are getting more and more boring - only appealing to their core fan base. They are not inspiring the more casual fans and it does not appear that they want to. The game time was picked in order to Kill tailgating.

This game was at its zenith with Brad VP for the Rams led by Buff Hater Sonny.

As much as I despise this game, I must admit that those were some fun games to watch -- even the ones in Denver.

Invesco sucks to watch games.

Showing up at 9am on Saturday and seeing riot police, the huge incident command RV, and the ever present Denver PD helicopter overhead did not say welcome football fans, enjoy your Saturday.

And who's idea was a noon kickoff? The game was on the Mtn network that did not have tv coverage east of Aurora, or west of Golden. It's not like they were trying to get tv market in other time zones. If they want anyone to care about this game it needs to be a 6pm kickoff.

If the city of Denver is so worried about people spending the day tailgating, they should cancel the contract to have the game in Denver.

The game time was picked in order to Kill tailgating.

That's too bad. Because when the teams are coming off of twin 3-9 seasons, tailgating is a primary coping mechanism to weather out these down years.

I'd rather these teams play in Pueblo at the State Fair, if that's what it takes to generate some atmosphere.

+1. Invesco sucks. Should have left up old MH.

They are talking about how disappointed they are with the fans of the two schools on 104.3 the fan right now. Its funny that last week they were the ones saying it belongs at invesco.

I'm turning off the station now. I also emailed them GOBuffs08 post as well as other concerns. But I just can't stand to listen to this crap anymore.

They guys on Mile High Sports were absolutely ripping the CSU fans on the Elephants in the Room show, and one of the guys on there is a CSU grad. Nice to finally hear someone in the media rip CSU and/or their fans for something.

I never got to go to old Mile High but I grew up watching Elway there on tv. Tv screen bouncing and all because of the noise. Why is this stadium so much more quiet? Mile High was a loud mofo and it wasnt just the altitude that made teams hate going there.

Back