What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Move RMS back to campus.....NOW

I never got to go to old Mile High but I grew up watching Elway there on tv. Tv screen bouncing and all because of the noise. Why is this stadium so much more quiet? Mile High was a loud mofo and it wasnt just the altitude that made teams hate going there.

Part of the reason Invesco isn't as loud is the fans. When the new stadium opened, ownership took it as an opportunity to move long-standing season ticket holders out of their awesome seats and sell the close-in ones to people who could afford to pay more. Beyond stadium design issues, we now have the wine and cheese crowd in the lower tier.

It's interesting to listen to the media blast fans for not getting psyched for the media created rivalry.

The Denver media's approach appears to be boosting the Broncos and criticizing the colleges. It's lazy journalism.

The media reaps what they sew.

The Denver media's approach appears to be boosting the Broncos and criticizing the colleges. It's lazy journalism.

I can see it now --- Jizla embroidering doilies in his free time. :lol:

It's easy, though. The Broncos are the blue collar, working class guy's team in Denver. CU is a bunch of uppity kids with trust funds smoking dope in the People's Republik of Boulder.

Part of the reason Invesco isn't as loud is the fans. When the new stadium opened, ownership took it as an opportunity to move long-standing season ticket holders out of their awesome seats and sell the close-in ones to people who could afford to pay more. Beyond stadium design issues, we now have the wine and cheese crowd in the lower tier.

Oh so they are like North Carolina basketball fans, I got it.

I can see it now --- Jizla embroidering doilies in his free time. :lol:

Sow you got me. Busted.

It's easy, though. The Broncos are the blue collar, working class guy's team in Denver. CU is a bunch of uppity kids with trust funds smoking dope in the People's Republik of Boulder.

But, but, but didn't we just find out 67% of Buff Club members aren't alumni?

Sometimes it's just easier to paper over the truth with stereotypes.

compare

Last night, Boise St fans, athe Redskin's stadium, had a whole sideline of the lowest level of seats. At invesco, many CU season ticket holders, got the 5th level. It's pretty clear invesco is saying F' you.

The only solution to this problem is to get a coach in place who can inspire and communicate to the players that while CU is clearly superior in talent that CSU thinks of this game as their one shot at redemption and recognition each year, their super bowl game.

Not just win but pound CSU for a few years in a row and beat the illusions out of them. Make it so that it is no longer fun for them to fantasize about having a year to run their mouths about how great and underappreciated their program is because the only question is how bad do they lose. At this point they lose interest in fighting for a game at Invesco or any other venue. Their AD realizes that the game starts them on a down attitude each year and makes selling tickets hard for the rest of their games.

Make them go back to hating Wyoming and Air Force and get us into a situation where we can choose if and when we play them and set the terms. This all depends on the team going out and taking care of business, a few 40 point margins would help.

Mediocre football does not help either. Invesco in general is such a sterile environment. I can recount several games in the old Mile High that I will remember for the rest of my life. That place had energy, Invesco is not even close to the same. We actually have MUCH better seats at Invesco than we ever had at Mile High, but the games are not as fun.

Somewhat of a long time listener, first time caller here. After the game this year I find myself in the same boat as most here. I do think the fact that both teams were subpar last year contributed to the lack of any environment whatsoever but the biggest factor for me was the kickoff time. I could not get excited watching this game with so many empty seats around, and the feeling I was sitting in the middle of Libya with the heat. It just had no energy at all except for big plays. 2 years ago I was all for having this in Denver because it felt like a bitter rivalry. Both the fans and the teams displayed more vim and vigor and it just had that "this is what this game is all about" feeling. Plus it was held in the evening where you could enjoy the game without worrying about turning into leather by the middle of the second quarter. I realize Rockies games are played in daytime but you can easily walk around and watch the game from anywhere on the concourse there.

If the passion and success of the teams were to improve then it would be fine by me to have it in Denver, plus I do like the fact I get 7 games here.

Back