What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My Massive Basketball preview 2011-12

RSSBot

News Junkie
I am sorry.* I am so very sorry.

I tried, I really did, to keep this to a reasonable length, but to no avail.* I am just too pumped up for basketball season to start.* This will be long and rambling, consider yourself forewarned.

Again, I'm sorry.

--

Before I get started, I'd like to take a quick look back at what was one of the best years in CU basketball history, courtesy of the fine folks at CUBuffs.com:*​

2010-11 was a magical year for CU basketball.* Despite not reaching the Tournament, the team set records for wins, and the program experienced unprecedented fan participation and attention in the form of repeated sell-outs down the conference stretch.* While there have been far more successful years in CU basketball history (NIT championships, trips to the Dance, a Final Four appearance, and a string of conference titles in the 50s and 60s), last season certainly belongs as a brief aside to the discussion of best Buffs basketball season ever.

Now, all that's left is building on the momentum created last spring.

The conventional wisdom in basketball circles is that CU will struggle this season. Losing 60% of minutes and 75% of points will do that to your prospectus.* But what the conventional wisdom is missing is the tireless preparation the coaching staff put in to life after Higgins and Burks; what I'm saying is that the team jumped off a cliff, only to be saved by a golden parachute built out of transfers and seniors who have been playing the last 3 years.

I'll say right at the top that this team will not make the NCAA tournament, but another run in the NIT is within reach.* This future shouldn't bum you out; from where this program was at the end of the Ricardo Patton era, to realistically expect back-to-back successful post-season campaigns is like manna from Heaven.* Add to it the prospect of a top-20 recruiting class, and Buff hoops junkies are living in a Golden Age.

In this preview, I'll take a close look at year two of Tad Boyle's Fantastic Boulder Voyage, breaking down every aspect of the program as it begins its first tour of duty in the Pac-12.

With that out of the way, if you're as ready to get this party started as I am, then grab a beer and click below...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-9085109602015566420

ovbtszlvcns

More...

Back