What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My thoughts on yesterday's game

I don't think a 6-3 kid can see over Miller and Solder. You don't pass over them you use your passing lanes.

You throw through the passing lanes but should be able to see the receivers over the shoulder pads of the lineman. The QB is standing tall and the line is in blocking stances.

I'm wondering about the no huddle. I thought the point of it was to speed up the pace of play and make it difficult for the defense to sub. But I just don't see that yet. I wasn't paying attention to the play clock, but we still seem to be pretty deliberate. One thing that EWU did was to pick up the pace out of the no huddle in the second quarter, which caused our defense some problems for a while. But if we aren't going to do that, what the hell is the point of it?

I'm wondering about the no huddle. I thought the point of it was to speed up the pace of play and make it difficult for the defense to sub. But I just don't see that yet. I wasn't paying attention to the play clock, but we still seem to be pretty deliberate. One thing that EWU did was to pick up the pace out of the no huddle in the second quarter, which caused our defense some problems for a while. But if we aren't going to do that, what the hell is the point of it?

That's another thing that pissed me off. The refs really took a long time placing the ball into play, allowing the defense a lot of time to adjust.

Bye the way I am new to posting on this site, but I have frequented these boards for the past couple of years. After the game yesterday an my evolving frustration, I decided I no longer want to be a spectator and join in on the discussion.

Bye the way I am new to posting on this site, but I have frequented these boards for the past couple of years. After the game yesterday an my evolving frustration, I decided I no longer want to be a spectator and join in on the discussion.

Welcome to AllBuffs! welcome rep on the way. Hope you decide to stick around. :welcome:

Just remember, respect your elders!

I agree. Cody is the QB. Drop all of this about replacing him. Not going to happen barring injury.

Cody played badly yesterday. I know had alot of pressure all game long, but he did have some chances to makes some plays and he didn't get it done. The one that stands out to me was the overthrown reciever. That would've been a sure TD. His INT still baffles me. I can't believe he threw that ball.

I personally don't think Cody played that poorly on Saturday.

First, Cody never had the chains in his favor on passing downs. This is because the guards were getting worked like a two bit Thai hooker on 1st down and because the coaches called the same play on first down 98.3 percent of the game. When you have 3rd and 8 on your most favorable passing downs, you put your QB in a tough position.

Second, Cody had an edge rusher coming at his blind side and one of the tackles coming up the gut on nearly every play. He basically never got a chance to set his feet on his throws. The overthrow to Crawford was a bad pass, but on the play to Scotty he overthrew him because he wasn't able to step into the throw and follow through. Considering the pressure he had, I think he did pretty well. He evaded the rush and kept his eyes down field. Most of the day his check down was all he had to go to. Personally, I'm glad we have a QB who takes the checkdown rather than force it into triple coverage.

Third, I think Cody made some pretty nice plays, especially in the fourth. I can't remember exactly when it was, but there was a very pretty third and long when Cody had to move to his left, set his feet, and fire a rocket to one of the tight ends for the first down. His TD throws to Deehan and JFly were perfect. He converted another third and long with his feet and sacrificed his body to get the extra yardage.

Fourth, and most importantly, Cody is the leader of this team. The O played like ass, overall, but Cody kept playing hard and kept the team's head in the game. They were able to make the important plays at the end of the game when they needed to. This game was very similar to the Montana State game. Only, in this game the team kept fighting until the end and made all the plays they needed to down the stretch. I think a lot of this comes from Cody's leadership.

True, Cody made his fair share of mistakes. But, when you consider the context, I don't think he played so poorly. The INT was reeeeeeal bad, though. :smile2:

I personally don't think Cody played that poorly on Saturday.

First, Cody never had the chains in his favor on passing downs. This is because the guards were getting worked like a two bit Thai hooker on 1st down and because the coaches called the same play on first down 98.3 percent of the game. When you have 3rd and 8 on your most favorable passing downs, you put your QB in a tough position.

Second, Cody had an edge rusher coming at his blind side and one of the tackles coming up the gut on nearly every play. He basically never got a chance to set his feet on his throws. The overthrow to Crawford was a bad pass, but on the play to Scotty he overthrew him because he wasn't able to step into the throw and follow through. Considering the pressure he had, I think he did pretty well. He evaded the rush and kept his eyes down field. Most of the day his check down was all he had to go to. Personally, I'm glad we have a QB who takes the checkdown rather than force it into triple coverage.

Third, I think Cody made some pretty nice plays, especially in the fourth. I can't remember exactly when it was, but there was a very pretty third and long when Cody had to move to his left, set his feet, and fire a rocket to one of the tight ends for the TD. His TD throws to Deehan and JFly were perfect. He converted another third and long with his feet and sacrificed his body to get the extra yardage.

Fourth, and most importantly, Cody is the leader of this team. The O played like ass, overall, but Cody kept playing hard and kept the team's head in the game. They were able to make the important plays at the end of the game when they needed to. This game was very similar to the Montana State game. Only, in this game the team kept fighting until the end and made all the plays they needed to down the stretch. I think a lot of this comes from Cody's leadership.

True, Cody made his fair share of mistakes. But, when you consider the context, I don't think he played so poorly. The INT was reeeeeeal bad, though. :smile2:

Well said, wispy. I would rep you, but you don't need anymore rep. :smile2:

I think its pretty clear it wasn't a sight issue. He was going to Devenny and he ALWAYS goes to Devenny on a short out or hook on those 3rd and mediums. He did it 3 times or so against CSU. He was simply locked in and ignored the LB completely. Cody has a problem that I thought he had gotten better at of totaly locking into the TE or middle of the field on crucial plays, despite coverage. That is something young QB's due. He is better than last year for the most part, but baby hawk needs to step away from his safety blankets a little more on 3rd downs!

I think its pretty clear it wasn't a sight issue. He was going to Devenny and he ALWAYS goes to Devenny on a short out or hook on those 3rd and mediums. He did it 3 times or so against CSU. He was simply locked in and ignored the LB completely. Cody has a problem that I thought he had gotten better at of totaly locking into the TE or middle of the field on crucial plays, despite coverage. That is something young QB's due. He is better than last year for the most part, but baby hawk needs to step away from his safety blankets a little more on 3rd downs!

When has he locked in to the middle of the field? The only time he goes any where near the middle of the field is on roll outs. I agree that he seems to be locking on to his primary, that should go away with time.

Back