What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming rights for CSU's new stadium - ideas?

This is now the second time you've mentioned that CSU "deserves" a new stadium. I'd honestly love for you to expound on this a bit. Why does CSU deserve a new stadium?
Already stated it. Top ranked vet school, top research university, $1bil in campus renovations, top ranked city.

CSU deserves better than Hughes and we deserve better than to be in the same conference as academic atrocities such as UNLV, Fresno and SJSU

Already stated it. Top ranked vet school, top research university, $1bil in campus renovations, top ranked city.

CSU deserves better than Hughes and we deserve better than to be in the same conference as academic atrocities such as UNLV, Fresno and SJSU
That is like, just your opinion, man.

I expect to see more than a few fans at Sports Authority then. Prove that your school is worth more than Hughes.

Same with Tony Frank's. And that is why the stadium will be built and that is why we are investing in athletics to match our academic reputation
I'm :lol: at this one. Actually, your athletics completely match your academic reputation.
I think what he's trying to say is that the new stadium will really tie the campus together.
he's gonna be PISSED when it gets pissed on then.

you guys should change your name to World Famous Colorado State University. It works for a ton of pizza places.

I'm failing to see how any of those things make CSU deserving of a new stadium. Deserving a new stadium comes from having an athletic department that is first rate other than it's facilities (USC comes to mind here. Miami comes to mind, too. Stanford and Cal come to mind. Hell, SDSU and UNLV come to mind) It comes from filling the stadium you do have and needing more. It comes from taking care of what you have. CSU has done exactly none of those things. So again, I ask - why do you deserve a new stadium?

You may want to lay off San Jose State. Their grads make a ton more than CSU's. They're even ahead of CU. Fresno State is pretty much on par with CSU. You do beat UNLV by quite a bit.

So are you saying that building a new stadium for $200MM and seeing an increase in attendance of 2k is a success?

North Texas attendance in 2010 according to the NCAA 17,718 They had an increase of less than 1,200 fans a game moving to the new stadium in 2011.

You may want to lay off San Jose State. Their grads make a ton more than CSU's. They're even ahead of CU. Fresno State is pretty much on par with CSU. You do beat UNLV by quite a bit.
Median salary doesn't equate to good academics.

Find a publication that ranks SJSU, Fresno or UNLV above CSU? Fresno had a whopping $8mil in research while CSU's was at $300mil roughly. Those are all glorified community colleges. Probably not even ranked in the top 500

Really, cause that's my non-homer opinion. Given that almost no one knows about CSU outside of Colorado for their academics or their athletics... ya, I think that's about accurate.

I know when my kids are trying to decide between MIT or Harvard, I'm going to give them a brochure for CSU.

Find a publication that ranks SJSU, Fresno or UNLV above CSU? Fresno had a whopping $8mil in research while CSU's was at $300mil roughly. Those are all glorified community colleges. Probably not even ranked in the top 500

*pats Gasm's head*

That's what we think of CSU big guy!

Isn't CSU like 80% in-state. Apparently out-of-staters don't think much of CSU either. I feel sorry for the OOS'ers that pay OOS tuition to get a degree in Fibers

damn, this is where rankings really matter. I do think it is funny you get all you info from wikipedia and most of it is out of date. What years were your rankings from.

SJSU ranks 15th nationally by salary potential among all state schools in the nation

Isn't CSU like 80% in-state. Apparently out-of-staters don't think much of CSU either. I feel sorry for the OOS'ers that pay OOS tuition to get a degree in Fibers
And that is why we're trying to increase our football prestige.
Also Fibers is a masters program.

I feel sorry for out of staters who pay for CU's ridiculous out of state tuition price

damn, this is where rankings really matter. I do think it is funny you get all you info from wikipedia and most of it is out of date. What years were your rankings from.
What data is out of date? CSU is ranked far and a way higher than all of those academically

And that is why we're trying to increase our football prestige.
Also Fibers is a masters program.

I feel sorry for out of staters who pay for CU's ridiculous out of state tuition price

why because they grow up wealthy?

Back