What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming rights for CSU's new stadium - ideas?

North Texas:

The stadium hosted its first game on September 10, 2011, when the Mean Green lost 48 to 23 against the University of Houston Cougars. A massive effort by the university and the athletic department to sell out the first home game at the new stadium did not succeed, as the game attracted 28,075 spectators.[SUP][22][/SUP] By the third home game, against the Florida Atlantic Owls football team, attendance had dropped to a season-low 13,142 spectators.[SUP][23][/SUP] Home attendance for the stadium's first season averaged 18,864 per game, or 61.15% of the facility's capacity of 30,850.[2

So much for build it and they will attend. I wonder if this was the 1% to 5% that ICON got wrong.

Regarding the $20MM in Naming Rights sometimes $20MM isn't really $20MM.

According to the contract, the company will pay $11.8 million of the $20 million deal in cash over 20 years, including graduated annual payments beginning at $312,000 and ending in three annual payments of $1 million. The remaining $8.29 million will be in the form of in-kind services. As part of the contract, Apogee also received one luxury suite in the new stadium and premium tickets to other UNT events
And yet thats definitely an increase over what they had before. No one is saying we're going to sellout the 43k every game.

Derp

And yet Minnesota is raking in the dough from having that stadium on campus.

The stadium isn't just about attendance.
It's about giving CSU what it deserves

What has CSU or its ****** fan base done to deserve a new stadium?

changing the purposes and goals of something in the middle of an argument is the sure sign of a loser.
LMFAO. Where did I say the ONLY reason to build the stadium was to increase attendance?

There are a thousand benefits of building it and an increase in attendance is only one of them which you guys grasped onto

And yet Minnesota is raking in the dough from having that stadium on campus.

The stadium isn't just about attendance.
It's about giving CSU what it deserves

Doesn't seem to be working. Minnesota is still a cellar dweller in the B1G. Recruiting hasn't picked up either (a total of 2 4*'s in the last 3 classes, and none the last two years)

And yet thats definitely an increase over what they had before. No one is saying we're going to sellout the 43k every game.

Derp

I've never seen anything to indicate you could sell out the 43k for any one game unless you have CU coming in and filling the stadium. Not exactly a smart business model but who said CSU supporters were smart.

Doesn't seem to be working. Minnesota is still a cellar dweller in the B1G. Recruiting hasn't picked up either (a total of 2 4*'s in the last 3 classes, and none the last two years)
The stadium is not just about football.

Also CSU stands to gain more from building a stadium than Minnesota who already had a professsional grade stadium. Recruiting has already picked up.

As I said before, Minnesota is raking in some serious cash now that they have a new ON-CAMPUS stadium. Esp now that the Vikings will be playing there. Minnesota's new stadium is a nice success story

LMFAO. Where did I say the ONLY reason to build the stadium was to increase attendance?

There are a thousand benefits of building it and an increase in attendance is only one of them which you guys grasped onto
actually, we've pretty much destroyed every single point you've made. Btw, everyone pretty much agrees attendance will increase some (just not as much as the all knowing ICON says). No big attendance increase = no big increase in revenue. DERP DERPRPDPPERPEPDPEPRPDPDPRERPE.

Comparing yourself to Minnesota is laughable.

I've never seen anything to indicate you could sell out the 43k for any one game unless you have CU coming in and filling the stadium. Not exactly a smart business model but who said CSU supporters were smart.
Even if its not sold out its still a substantial revenue increase over whats at Hughes.

Derp

Name one team currently scheduled that would sell out the 43K stadium. Assume CU doesn't count because Bohn is going to hold you to the Denver deal out of spite.

The stadium is not just about football.

Also CSU stands to gain more from building a stadium than Minnesota who already had a professsional grade stadium. Recruiting has already picked up.

As I said before, Minnesota is raking in some serious cash now that they have a new ON-CAMPUS stadium. Esp now that the Vikings will be playing there. Minnesota's new stadium is a nice success story

how many lady Gaga concerts are you planning on having there?

We have had Folsom Field on campus for nearly 100 years and I don't think I've ever read anything about it bringing in any substantial outside revenue. We should hire Graham to get on that imo

I said CSU or its fan base. DERP
#1 ranked vet school.
#2 most research for a uni without a medical school
#1 most research per faculty
~$1billion in other campus renovations
Placed in #1 ranked city in the nation

Time for the athletics to get what they deserve

#1 ranked vet school.

Nonresponsive answer, move to strike.

We have had Folsom Field on campus for nearly 100 years and I don't think I've ever read anything about it bringing in any substantial outside revenue. We should hire Graham to get on that imo
Hughes doesn't have enough premium seating=increased revenue

#1 ranked vet school.

Yet nothing you listed above is associated with the AD.

[video=youtube;AS8X2Qp_6aA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS8X2Qp_6aA[/video]

#1 ranked vet school.

CSU vet school has dropped the last couple years actually

#1 ranked vet school.

well **** kid, you guys need to look at the ivy league. Also my dog ate some rope and hasn't **** it out yet, is there something I should do?

Even if its not sold out its still a substantial revenue increase over whats at Hughes.

Dude, we have been trying to argue with you for weeks now that how much the attendance increases will have a pretty big impact on those "substantial revenue increases" you keep bringing up. You act like CSU is going to be swimming in money no matter how this turns out.

Back