What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nate Solder is a Super Bowl Champion!

I don't have strong feelings about the Patriots or any NFL team, so I'm just happy for Nate.

And, heck, a great argument can be made that if Brady had him protecting his blind side in 2015 then it would have been a 3-peat tonight. He makes a huge difference for that team. On that vital 2pt conversion, for example, Nate was able to get to the edge rusher despite the guy jumping offsides, which opened the passing lane for the score. Amazing play by a LT.

Also, seemed like all the runs that were eating up big chunks were behind Nate in that 2nd half.

I didn't care much about the NFL but something about this game made me hate the Pats...not sure why but f them...

I wish the best for Nate and his family, especially their little boy. Health, happiness, all that stuff.

But so long as he wears that stupid looking silver helmet, I can't root for him.

(Also, Nate was actually a standout athlete at my high school's archrival, so Nate really has two strikes against him for me.)

Congrats Nate. I turned it off a minute into overtime, I'm not going to watch the ****ing pats win again. Atlanta should be ashamed and embarrassed of that 2nd half performance. How the hell do you have the ball on the 20 yard line up 8 points with a few minutes to play and ultimately lose 30 yards and the game. I ****ing hate the patriots and their ass hat fans.

Sorry, rant over! Go Nate!

Proud to see a Colorado kid and a Buff compete at the very highest level and win.

Can't wait to see the update in the champions center honoring Nate.

Congrats to him and best wishes to his son.

Game should have been played for an extra 15 minutes, and 15 minutes more, if needed. The immediate sudden death aspect is wrong for a major championship. Is it the players or the networks who want to wrap it up quick?

He was a Lombardi finalist and I believe 1st or 2nd team all american.....

Yet one of my clearest memories is Nate getting abused at Cal because Hawkins hadn't installed a silent snap count for road games and the Cal DEs were getting off the ball with the snap while Nate was having to go on 1st movement of the guy he was trying to block. The state of the program during his years was absolutely shameful.

He has his end locked down when I've watched him. He hardly gives up pressure, not very often at least. It's kinda like Duff's point about Lang. Those dude's arms are so freaking long, it's hard to get a rush. They're athletic too, straight up athletes in a freakish body.

Last edited:
Other than the one sack, he had a great game. Good for him. Now donate part of your check to the Buffs, Nate, haha.

Yet one of my clearest memories is Nate getting abused at Cal because Hawkins hadn't installed a silent snap count for road games and the Cal DEs were getting off the ball with the snap while Nate was having to go on 1st movement of the guy he was trying to block. The state of the program during his years was absolutely shameful.
It was a bit different than that. The center always got set, then peered between his legs lowering his head, then lifted it and snapped when his head came up . same timing every time. Same result. Cal D was off the ball when the head was coming up. Our OL were watching the ball for movement. Instead of losing the advantage of knowing when the ball would be snapped and being on a level plane, it was the D that knew when the center would snap.

I was screaming at my TV. Iirc we adjusted only later in the 2nd half. Fundamental soundness .

Back