What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NBA (and other pro league) Buffs

Chen reference in another thread got me curious. Looks like he is coaching in Taiwan. Maybe the head coach.

http://kaohsiungtruth.org/sabatino-chen/

And he has really upped his game

SabatinoChen-500x500.png

This quote is from the thread that Birch quoted, which I agree does NOT agree with his memory. Go Scotch! Nice call on the Spurs - rep!

Hey all,

Just to clarify. I thought DW took great advantage of the pre-draft process. And when thinking of King through this process, I naturally think of Derrick White and how excited we all were for him as he kept dominating at each stage of the process. I think you can take major advantage whether you are not on the draft board or you're projected as a second round pick.

That's all.

But if you want... I can say: Derrick White DID NOT take advantage of the pre-draft process as well as King.

You're right.

Good on you guys.

George will get looks from the teams with multiple draft picks.
Philadelphia - 6 (Late second)
Phoenix - 5 (late 2nd)
Denver - 3 (Late second) - replace Chandler

Some metric the guy created that he claims is an improvement to assist-to-turnover ratio because it doesn't weigh both equally.

But what do these figures mean? What does it mean when Burke and Jack are in the 95th percentile in hPPR? How do we properly contextualize a player’s hPPR figure? This is how my colleagues and I wrote in the original article:
More than anything else, the best way to use hPPR is to determine what players run their offense at minimal cost to offensive possessions; it does not determine the skill level of a passer as much as it indicates their ability to make a smart pass.​

Hey all,

Just to clarify. I thought DW took great advantage of the pre-draft process. And when thinking of King through this process, I naturally think of Derrick White and how excited we all were for him as he kept dominating at each stage of the process. I think you can take major advantage whether you are not on the draft board or you're projected as a second round pick.

That's all.

But if you want... I can say: Derrick White DID NOT take advantage of the pre-draft process as well as King.

You're right.

Good on you guys.

If George gets drafted then he took advantage of the pre draft process.
Needs to seal the deal.
Both got to Combine which was a must.
Opens the door for actual rather than virtual/hyped opinions.

Three things for George:
Test Well
Shoot Well
Play Defense

George got a workout with the Utah Jazz.
Its a start. The process is not easy going from city to city and having to be at your best.
You get one shot to make a first impression.
Wonder if the Nuggets will bring him in.

George got a workout with the Utah Jazz.
Its a start. The process is not easy going from city to city and having to be at your best.
You get one shot to make a first impression.
Wonder if the Nuggets will bring him in.
It's not like the Nuggs need a wing or anything. I think they should focus on bringing in a PF or two this offseason. ;)

It's not like the Nuggs need a wing or anything. I think they should focus on bringing in a PF or two this offseason. ;)

It is all about PR.
They bring in all the local seniors from D1/D2.
What happens if they don't resign Barton and part ways with Chandler?
The new NBA is going all wings all the time. Can never have enough of them.

It is all about PR.
They bring in all the local seniors from D1/D2.
What happens if they don't resign Barton and part ways with Chandler?

As much of a Buffs fan as I am I think George's chances of making the NBA are slim, but in the right situation he could make it and be one of those guys who contributes off the bench.

An advantage that he has is that as you state the league is going the direction of playing multiple wing types a lot. George has the quickness to stay with a lot of smaller guys but also is thick enough and strong enough to muscle up with more powerful players. This gives him some versatility that a lot of coaches like.

If nothing else all the attention he has been gaining for himself should put him in position to make a lot more money overseas if the NBA doesn't work out.

As much of a Buffs fan as I am I think George's chances of making the NBA are slim, but in the right situation he could make it and be one of those guys who contribute off the bench.

An advantage that he has is that as you state the league is going the direction of playing multiple wing types a lot. George has the quickness to stay with a lot of smaller guys but also is thick enough and strong enough to muscle up with more powerful players. This gives him some versatility that a lot of coaches like.

If nothing else all the attention he has been gaining for himself should put him in position to make a lot more money overseas if the NBA doesn't work out.

or roll dice and bet on himself and go through the G - League

I'm waiting for the team to ditch this logic and go straight PG's. Just PG's. An under 6'5 Point G team to take down the NBA.

There's no more use for the Carmelo's of the world, if we're being honest. Sorry Melo.

I'm waiting for the team to ditch this logic and go straight PG's. Just PG's. An under 6'5 Point G team to take down the NBA.

There's no more use for the Carmelo's of the world, if we're being honest. Sorry Melo.

If Melo was just willing to think about passing the ball and working on defense he would be the ultimate wing. He can shoot ball from the perimeter, he can drive, he can be a decent passer. He can do the things that most wings can but can also do the physical stuff most can't.

If the NBA had seen the same Melo that we got in the Olympics he would have been an all-timer.

I think King will have an NBA career. I think he's one of the many, many dudes that was held back by the college game, and coaching styles. NBA game allows for a lot more playing outside of a strict system, and he'll shoot all the open shots, which he should have done in college anyway.

Averaging 12 ppg and pulled down a **** ton of rebounds in Japan this year

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-nba-team-is-wronged-by-the-refs-the-most/

According to this article, no NBA player gets poorer treatment from officials than Spencer. Only two teams are treated more poorly than the Nuggets.

"On an individual level, Dinwiddie’s frustration may be justified. The 11 blown calls that left him disadvantaged led the league as of Wednesday and is a very high number considering there’s still more than a month left in the campaign."

Last edited:
Back