What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NBA (and other pro league) Buffs

Spencer with the Lakers and D-White with the Celtics....

i just threw up in my mouth a little bit GIF by chuber channel

Wild this mock has 3 buffs in the top 22 picks. Definitely a down draft but would be absolutely historic for the buffs and crazy if this actually happens.

Definitely won't hurt recruiting.
Of course it is all wild speculation but this mock draft from Yahoo Sports

Yahoo mock draft

Has Cody going #4 to Charlotte. He has shown this year that he has elite NBA talent but has also shown that he needs to continue to develop his game because he isn't there yet.

Very interesting in this mock though is that they have TDS going to the Nuggets at #25. By the time it is all over I expect the Nuggets to be picking later than that but still think that TDS could be there for them.

More importantly thinking about it he could be a perfect fit with the Nuggets. He would give them a bigger scoring option off the bench who plays a style that fits very well with Jokic. He might even become more important as a big outside shooter if salary cap issues (or injuries) eventually cause the Nuggets to move away from MPJ.

Never know how it's going to go in the NBA Draft, but the mere fact that our Buffs are being talked about as having a high lottery pick and 2 other potential first rounders makes it completely inexcusable that we're talking about Bubble instead of Seeding right now.

How about head coach Jamahl Mosley! The Magic are currently the 5th best defense in the NBA and, in my opinion, one of the scariest potential first round underdog matchups in the East. They’re currently tied for 6th in losses, and only 2 losses back of a 5 seed Philadelphia team that is dropping like an anchor with Embiid out. They just kicked the Cavs ass (one of the hottest teams in the NBA) on the road to tie the season series at 2-2. They are 3-0 against the Knicks (admittedly a different/injured team for those matchups). They also have the league’s easiest schedule remaining!

They’re built very unique and they present a whole host of matchup problems. Given their defensive prowess, they feel like a nightmare to play in the first round. He’s not going to win coach of the year given OKC’s and Minnesota’s seasons, but he’s going to start getting talked about a bunch if Orlando keeps winning.

Wild this mock has 3 buffs in the top 22 picks. Definitely a down draft but would be absolutely historic for the buffs and crazy if this actually happens.

Definitely won't hurt recruiting.
Could have been 4 with Dalton Knecht if he got through the CU admissions process.

Could have been 4 with Dalton Knecht if he got through the CU admissions process.
Bobi Klintman was the one that got held up. There was just a lot of smoke with Knecht due to him being Colorado raised and a UNC player.

Also there were weird other Colorado connections with Devin Carter due to his dad being a nugget for some years and him going to school for a time in CO.

Jaylon Tysons brother playing CU football.

Tad coaching Kelel Ware with his USA gig.

This was a crazy offseason from a potential transfer connection perspective.

Last edited:
Of course it is all wild speculation but this mock draft from Yahoo Sports

Yahoo mock draft

Has Cody going #4 to Charlotte. He has shown this year that he has elite NBA talent but has also shown that he needs to continue to develop his game because he isn't there yet.

Very interesting in this mock though is that they have TDS going to the Nuggets at #25. By the time it is all over I expect the Nuggets to be picking later than that but still think that TDS could be there for them.

More importantly thinking about it he could be a perfect fit with the Nuggets. He would give them a bigger scoring option off the bench who plays a style that fits very well with Jokic. He might even become more important as a big outside shooter if salary cap issues (or injuries) eventually cause the Nuggets to move away from MPJ.
The person who wrote this article cropped up in an autoplay ad on a basketball website I was viewing two days, and I was shocked because she looked really familiar; it turns out I want to high school with her and she appears to be a big time presence at Yahoo.

Cool story, bro.

No, he can't be any good. His best offer out of HS was a middle of the road D2 school.

White had some unexpected growth after high school but the real credit has to go to the effort he has put in to make himself one of the best complete basketball players in the best league in the world.

Glad that Tad was willing to take a chance on him and he was rewarded for it. Again in the draft Pop was willing to take a chance on him and he was proven right as well.

Thinking ahead for the Buffs in the NBA draft.

Cody Williams would become a much better basketball player if he stayed in college for another year, played a full season, and learned how to play defense and offense at a higher level before going pro.

Isn't going to happen though because when you have the chance to be a top 5 pick in the draft you go take the money and work from there.

He clearly has elite physical talent, when he ha played he has made some plays that scream NBA player, even potential star. He has also though at times struggled to deal with better college players who aren't close to what he will see in the league.

I am imagining him rushed on the floor as a top pick then facing a guy, just as an example, like KCP who would right now shut him down like a light switch not to mention a guy like AG who is bigger, stronger, as quick, and nasty on defense.

He looks similar in a way to MPJ who also had little college experience and despite an elite combination of physical and basketball skills struggled his first couple years (and still has some issues that playing in college "may" have helped him with.

And speaking of MPJ I saw a mock draft that had the Nuggets taking TDS. I would love this. Initially he could provide some firepower off the bench. As time goes on and the salary cap continues to tighten I can see the Nuggets moving off MPJ. Given a chance to continue development TDS could be that taller small forward who can spread the floor with his outside shooting, effectively cut to the hoop, be a willing passer, and grab some boards. In other words an effective replacement for MPJ.

Thinking ahead for the Buffs in the NBA draft.

Cody Williams would become a much better basketball player if he stayed in college for another year, played a full season, and learned how to play defense and offense at a higher level before going pro.

Isn't going to happen though because when you have the chance to be a top 5 pick in the draft you go take the money and work from there.

He clearly has elite physical talent, when he ha played he has made some plays that scream NBA player, even potential star. He has also though at times struggled to deal with better college players who aren't close to what he will see in the league.

I am imagining him rushed on the floor as a top pick then facing a guy, just as an example, like KCP who would right now shut him down like a light switch not to mention a guy like AG who is bigger, stronger, as quick, and nasty on defense.

He looks similar in a way to MPJ who also had little college experience and despite an elite combination of physical and basketball skills struggled his first couple years (and still has some issues that playing in college "may" have helped him with.

And speaking of MPJ I saw a mock draft that had the Nuggets taking TDS. I would love this. Initially he could provide some firepower off the bench. As time goes on and the salary cap continues to tighten I can see the Nuggets moving off MPJ. Given a chance to continue development TDS could be that taller small forward who can spread the floor with his outside shooting, effectively cut to the hoop, be a willing passer, and grab some boards. In other words an effective replacement for MPJ.
KJ and TDS feel like Nuggets picks, especially in the second rounds. No rush, developmental guys for at least the next 5 years

KJ and TDS feel like Nuggets picks, especially in the second rounds. No rush, developmental guys for at least the next 5 years
I don't think either would need close to 5 years.

Both do need some developmental time and Malone doesn't like to play rookies so it fits.

KJ would have to adjust to not being a better athlete than everyone on the floor. He's a smart player though so he will.

TDS I think could be a starting quality player in 2-3 years. He has the variety of skills and unlike a lot of top college players doesn't need to be the focus to be effective. I think for him the biggest adjustment will be the physicality of playing not just grown men but elite grown men.

Nuggets would be an ideal environment for each of them.

I don't think either would need close to 5 years.

Both do need some developmental time and Malone doesn't like to play rookies so it fits.

KJ would have to adjust to not being a better athlete than everyone on the floor. He's a smart player though so he will.

TDS I think could be a starting quality player in 2-3 years. He has the variety of skills and unlike a lot of top college players doesn't need to be the focus to be effective. I think for him the biggest adjustment will be the physicality of playing not just grown men but elite grown men.

Nuggets would be an ideal environment for each of them.
What I meant by 5-years is that the Nuggets have backfill and bench needs for the next 5 years, and you wish the either or both could play right away in some fashion. Reggie Jackson v KJ or Swathert, TDS has a nice bag of skills that would mesh with Joker and so on.
I still wish we could just find a Joker junior that would be happy to grow under him for 3-4 years and learn everything possible from him and to come in and play even 50% as good as him so we can stay sharp.

As crazy at it sounds, I keep seeing a Murray-MPJ Package trade for Luka Doncic possibly happening someday soon. It is a win-win for both teams.

Neither one is a development guy, but they actually do fit the mold for what the Nuggets drafted this past year. 3-4 year college players who might be able to contribute right away. Strawther was working his way into the rotation and got hurt. KJ has no development needed, unless there is some sort of new technology that will make him 6'5. He is who he is, a really damn awesome college player that is probably too undersized to find a role in the NBA, but has enough scoring ability that he does have a path. In a similar vein, TDS is a really skilled guy, who probably doesn't have an NBA position, he's not quick enough to guard on the perimeter and not big enough to guard the post. His optimal NBA role would be 3 and D, I don't think he has enough of the D to get it done in the NBA, would love it if he proved me wrong, but he will be successful for a long time in Europe. Being German actually helps him for a long European career, he doesn't count against the "Foreign Player Cap" that some leagues have.

Wasserman has Cody, TDS, and KJ all going in the 1st round in his latest mock draft, which is honestly pretty ****in awesome. Looks like KJ is finally starting to get the love he deserves.

As a Celtics fan I'd be so happy to have 2 Buffs on my team. And it'd be really cool for Cody to be able to play under Chauncy in Portland with Jabari Walker.

5. Portland Trail Blazers: Cody Williams

• Previous Mock Draft Spot: No. 8
  • Team: Colorado
  • Position: SF/PF
  • Size: 6-foot-8, 190 lbs
  • Age/Year: 19, Freshman
  • Nationality: American
  • Pro Comparison: Jaden McDaniels
22. Phoenix Suns: Tristan da Silva

• Previous mock draft spot: No. 23
  • School/team: Colorado
  • Position: SF/PF