What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA FB 14: The Official Jay Johnson Edition

PAC MAN

Tekken Masher.
Club Member
Thank goodness for NCAA FB 14 since it is for the 2013 season when Johnson was still at Louisiana Lafayette. I decided to go ahead and use the ULL playbook and here are my impressions:

1. Mostly pistol and shotgun with one ace formation (two TEs & one on each side) in the ULL playbook. Pretty much one back formation with a few formations where the TE is lined up directly behind the RG or RT.
2. I can see why the QB would run more often thanks to those QB read plays. In a few games, I ran for at least 125-150 yards + passed for about 200-250 yards and five total TDs. I suspect I ran the QB more than what would happen in real life but it was fun. I always have good 3rd down % as well.
3. While I controlled only the offense as the OC in the game, the defense did benefit from a slower pace (I did not use no-huddle) and the defense delivered a shutout in the second game in the tune of 45-0. That doesn't happen for me often since I tend to get ahead by a few TDs that the CPU retorts to passing the ball more often and therefore more points & passing yards on the board. If the real life Johnson offense works as intended, our defense isn't going to be gassed in the second half at home as was the case against WSU & Utah this season which didn't help FHCMM keep his job.
4. We need TEs that can block in the running game.
5. There's the play action bombs that can be tossed to Shenault Jr after the safeties commit to the run.

It's so much fun to be actually in control than let my meth influenced fantasies of Nebraska beating CU fill me up like Scat_Back. Here's the Lawrence Taylor scene from Waterboy for emphasis:

6eQdO-.gif

lol totally ridiculous but good work!

I can't help but remember Montez's first start at UO where he had 300 yarrds in the air and 100 yards on the ground. He will win the Heisman next year if he has those numbers every single game...one can dream.

Yeah, but what does the official simulator say when Louisiana Lafayette plays UCF? That is guaranteed to determine the outcome of the 2019 CU-NU game. Fact!

Or possibly outdated given that college football has been constantly changing. If you thought this was realistic, I have a bridge in Nebraska I can sell you.
It’s only a reference joke to Scat Backs ‘Official NU-CU’ game simulation during the preseason.

Apparently not a good one.

Back