What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tournament General Thread

Can't believe the yellow brick road Syracuse got in this tourney. (besides Virginia, obviously) Just wow.

Last edited:
Ugh. Flipped over to Evans and Schlereth on the way in. Evans is a Syracuse guy and I can't handle the obnoxiousness. Not only that, he pronounces 'Cuse" like "loose" instead of "lose." Ugh.

Ugh. Flipped over to Evans and Schlereth on the way in. Evans is a Syracuse guy and I can't handle the obnoxiousness. Not only that, he pronounces 'Cuse" like "loose" instead of "lose." Ugh.
Winning is a mentality that starts with the fanbase!

That's how it is pronounced

It's an unpopular opinion, but it pays to cheat. CU does the exact opposite. Not only does CU not cheat, but the administration systematically disassembles the football program. For basketball, I'd take the lack of institutional control if it came with a final four.

I couldn't disagree more. The reverence of the dollar over all things, including integrity and morals, is despicable, particularly as it pertains to situations where adults have control over kids' lives. The premise of the NCAA is good, but the way it, as well as athletic depts across the country, behave behind a thin veil of righteousness is appalling. The UNC academic scandal makes me not want to follow college sports at all when I let it soak in. Administrators, adults, students, everyone, need to expect more from college athletics and need to work together with professional leagues to fix the problems. I know it's popular to denigrate the speaker when moral grounds are brought up, because how dare someone be so arrogant and condescending? I'm not trying to be arrogant, but I fully am being condescending towards college athletics and the lack of integrity.

I'm not a great or consistent poster, so take it with a gran of salt the size you deem fit...but you my friend, put up some odd comments from time to time.

Do Wichita St fans feel that this is sort of a best chance for a few seasons? You have some seniors that have seemingly played forever for you guys and done pretty well. I have no clue what your underclassmen are like - what's your outlook for the next few seasons? Best of luck to you guys.

As long as Gregg Marshall is at Wichita State I have no worries about the future of the program. Every single year we've had the best recruiting class compared to prior years, it just keeps getting better. There is somewhat this idea that Wichita State will have a drop off with VanVleet and Baker graduating, but I think Wichita keeps chugging down the tracks. MVC Freshman of the Year Markis McDuffie, a 6'8" wing is back, he's the future. Another Freshman that will get a medical RS from last year is Landry Shamet, a really explosive guard that should be stellar. Frankamp should be better over the next 2 years, and our center Shaq Morris has made leaps and bounds since his Freshman year. If Shaq can stay on the court and not in foul trouble, the guy is a double double machine waiting to be unleashed. Lots of other role guys that with the right development will be big contributors. I'd expect more out of Zach Brown and Rashard Kelly in the next couple years, hope for Brown to really pull away with his development.

WSU has some good recruits coming in next year as well, true freshman CJ Keyser is going to be a baller. Kid was on sportscenter in a video jumping up and kissing the goal. He throws down some nasty dunks, is a taller version of Tekele Cotton if you guys remember him from last season and years past. A couple JUCO guys coming in, Darrlyn Willis is a banger similar to Carl Hall of the Final Four Shocker team. Juco PG Daishon Smith looks to make an impact next season, is really an all around guard that likes to score.

The 5 year NCAA Tournament run Wichita has experienced shouldn't end next year if you ask me.

A key to longevity of WSU would be to get out of the Missouri Valley Conference. The teams that show financial support for their programs are minimal, and now with the way most of these states' budgets are going, athletics are on the chopping blocks at schools, specifically in Illinois. MVC has always had bottom feeder schools who put minimal investment in the programs, and feel find at sub 200 RPI level. It's pathetic. In the last 10 seasons, the only team out of the MVC to get an at-large is Wichita.

Where does WSU go? No idea, but I'd take about anything other than the MVC at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Shockers are Dancing next year.

However, we have to acknowledge that Van Vleet and Baker were special players. Guys like that are not easily replaced in any program. There will be a step back next season. Not doom and gloom, but a step back.

No doubt in my mind that if Wichita and Syracuse switched spots in the bracket, Wichita would be in the final four and wouldn't have needed epic collapses in back to back games by their opponents to get there. A Wichita-Virginia game would've been terrific actually.

As long as Gregg Marshall is at Wichita State I have no worries about the future of the program. Every single year we've had the best recruiting class compared to prior years, it just keeps getting better. There is somewhat this idea that Wichita State will have a drop off with VanVleet and Baker graduating, but I think Wichita keeps chugging down the tracks. MVC Freshman of the Year Markis McDuffie, a 6'8" wing is back, he's the future. Another Freshman that will get a medical RS from last year is Landry Shamet, a really explosive guard that should be stellar. Frankamp should be better over the next 2 years, and our center Shaq Morris has made leaps and bounds since his Freshman year. If Shaq can stay on the court and not in foul trouble, the guy is a double double machine waiting to be unleashed. Lots of other role guys that with the right development will be big contributors. I'd expect more out of Zach Brown and Rashard Kelly in the next couple years, hope for Brown to really pull away with his development.

WSU has some good recruits coming in next year as well, true freshman CJ Keyser is going to be a baller. Kid was on sportscenter in a video jumping up and kissing the goal. He throws down some nasty dunks, is a taller version of Tekele Cotton if you guys remember him from last season and years past. A couple JUCO guys coming in, Darrlyn Willis is a banger similar to Carl Hall of the Final Four Shocker team. Juco PG Daishon Smith looks to make an impact next season, is really an all around guard that likes to score.

The 5 year NCAA Tournament run Wichita has experienced shouldn't end next year if you ask me.

A key to longevity of WSU would be to get out of the Missouri Valley Conference. The teams that show financial support for their programs are minimal, and now with the way most of these states' budgets are going, athletics are on the chopping blocks at schools, specifically in Illinois. MVC has always had bottom feeder schools who put minimal investment in the programs, and feel find at sub 200 RPI level. It's pathetic. In the last 10 seasons, the only team out of the MVC to get an at-large is Wichita.

Where does WSU go? No idea, but I'd take about anything other than the MVC at this point.

Peyton Allen.

I'll be surprised if Keyser has Cotton's grit. He was a special player.

I remember when we were recruiting Shamet, that kid was slickkk.

He was playing really well for a freshman in his few games he played before they found the stress fracture.

Peyton Allen.

I'll be surprised if Keyser has Cotton's grit. He was a special player.

PA looks like he can be a contributor, just no idea how much impact he will have. Got solid minutes at A&M which is promising, I hope he is a contributor.

And Gregg Marshall was the guy who made the comparison to Cotton. Had CJ watch Tekele and told him that's who he sees him as in the WSU program. Cotton was a very special player, and one I think that we missed this year. Silently did anything coach ever needed. The team having an off night on offense? Cotton stepped up.

No doubt in my mind that if Wichita and Syracuse switched spots in the bracket, Wichita would be in the final four and wouldn't have needed epic collapses in back to back games by their opponents to get there. A Wichita-Virginia game would've been terrific actually.

WSU vs Virginia would have been fun. WSU vs Nova or WVU would have been fun match ups.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Shockers are Dancing next year.

However, we have to acknowledge that Van Vleet and Baker were special players. Guys like that are not easily replaced in any program. There will be a step back next season. Not doom and gloom, but a step back.

Absolutely, those two are legendary at WSU. Most likely will have their jerseys retired, and hopefully have a shot at the NBA. The identity of the team changes a lot next year, the unknown is scary. I think the leadership of the team moves to Shamet/Morris/McDuffie. Shamet seems to be of the same mold as VanVleet with leadership.

That's how it is pronounced
By people who don't know how to talk. I don't care what the accepted pronunciation is. I only care what the DBT pronunciation is. I've never heard "Syracuse" pronounced "Syr-a-c(oos)." I've always heard it pronounced "Syr-a-cuze." And that's how it is supposed to be!

I wonder what kind of odds I can get on "Vacated" being the NCAA champion. Carolina, I'm looking at you.

Respectfully disagree. I think the game would have been fun, but I'd take UVA in that game. I'd say also that if Syracuse and UVA played a best of three, UVA takes the next two and the series. I was off doing other things so didn't get to see the collapse, but from what I've seen, read, and been told, it was impressive by Syracuse and also atypical of UVA. It's a shame, because UVA was a damn good team this year...and easily could have beaten UNC (not saying for certain).

I'm not a great or consistent poster, so take it with a gran of salt the size you deem fit...but you my friend, put up some odd comments from time to time.
Regarding DBT, I think you've nailed it. But recall that Albert Einstein's tweets were also considered unconventional to the point of bizarre at times.

Back