What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska Game Week - Prime: “This is personal. That’s the message of the week.”

Manhattan's point was that he uses fact-based models rather than emotion. That is the entire point. I'm guessing that's what makes the professionals special.

No way I could bet sports. It would all be emotion-based (like when I put down money pre-season for the Buffs to win the Big XII in 2001).
That was one of the things my Dad taught me about investing in stocks. I tend to stay away from any stock I have an emotional investment in, I also avoid those that rely on consumer impressions or beliefs about the company.

I know that many people have made a lot of money off them but I would never be in stocks like Nike or Disney, they are too reliant on customers liking what they have on the market right now and bad publicity, even not their fault, can render the numbers useless.

Instead I like companies like CF Industries which has a long pattern of regular up and down cycles. I buy it when the numbers look like it is in the bottom 20% of it's range, hold it until it gets to 80% of the expected rise, then sell it again and repeat. I have a number of companies I do that with. It is a stock that tends to not be influenced by market emotion since it is unknown to most of America and in a boring market sector.

****ing hell, people. We already have gambling threads. This thread is for more **** talking about those ****ing ****s from ****braska.
No. This thread is for talking about how badly we're gonna whoop their asses on Saturday.

We have the hate thread to make fun of them. Speaking of which-the dude was filming reaction vids from the sh!tter is back.

Old School Yes GIF

I’m betting Colorado -3 but wouldn’t bet it at -3.5 or higher. A lot of football bets are lost to that half a point regardless of what whole number it’s tacked onto and regardless of the teams. Elementary but true.

And I still have my earlier bet from 9 days ago on Colorado +8.5

I’m betting Colorado -3 but wouldn’t bet it at -3.5 or higher. A lot of football bets are lost to that half a point regardless of what whole number it’s tacked onto and regardless of the teams. Elementary but true.

And I still have my earlier bet from 9 days ago on Colorado +8.5
I’m betting Colorado -14

Are you going to the game?

Wear it if so. You'll get on TV.
I have already decided it will be worn on the plane. I will wash it and wear it to sackygate when I come around 6 am with some coffee (I can only carry a big carton from somewhere) and then a few bottles of Tequila (for Liver that doesn't come). I think I will help them set up and then go back to my hotel (Millennium) around 6:45 only to return fully face painted by 7:30. I will try to get on BIG NOON with that outfit.

I have already decided it will be worn on the plane. I will wash it and wear it to sackygate when I come around 6 am with some coffee (I can only carry a big carton from somewhere) and then a few bottles of Tequila (for Liver that doesn't come). I think I will help them set up and then go back to my hotel (Millennium) around 6:45 only to return fully face painted by 7:30. I will try to get on BIG NOON with that outfit.
I just DVR'd it.

Dear Nebra$$hole, It is not a curse that you got your a$$whooped in 2001. It is call "FAILURE TO ADAPT."

Failing to adapt meant that you had to stop cheating, hiding the criminal behavior, and actually run a program by following some semblance of the rules.

I get it. You are following the RhULES now.... But that is NOT what God meant. Silly Fuskers.

So many hype videos. From Michael Irvin last week to Prime's speech before the TCU game to the Ralphie video yesterday. I'm pumped. I want to run through a wall. I want to hit somebody.

But who? I'm stuck in normal life. I have nobody to hit, unless I wanna go to jail. I'd have to pay to fix any walls I ran through. The intensity is bottled up in me. I don't know how to unleash it.

But I just found a solution: Nub grandmas. Oh you better believe it. If I see one red clad female geriatric on Saturday, I'm making like Bishop Thomas on that poor unsuspecting Frog. I ain't stopping. She better not get up. I'll keep going til Julesburg and beyond.

Nub fans, if you're reading this, you've been warned. DO NOT BRING YOUR GRANDMAS TO FOLSOM. I will hit them like Matt Rhule hits the pregame buffet. I will hit them like Lawrence Phillips hit Scott Frost's girlfriend. Hips will be shattered, dentures will be split, girdles will burst. The blood of Nub grannies will flow like the Platte River flows from our lofty state to yours. (Sometimes, when we're not storing it in our reservoirs and you're stuck pumping water from your shrinking aquifers.) You have been warned.

(I had one more about Brook Berringer's plane hitting the ground, but even I'm not that terrible. I'll leave the jokes about dead QBs to the "classiest fans in college football".)

Last edited:
Back