What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska Game Week - Prime: “This is personal. That’s the message of the week.”

work productivity level: -36
same. my next meeting is my weekly 1:1 with my supervisor. I usually take the lead on the agenda for that, "here's an update on my accounts and 2-3 other things I want to discuss"

right now my agenda looks like:
  • CU's home opener
  • tailgating
  • VT/Purdue
  • UW/WSU
  • aren't there some NFL games on Sunday?

This according to the 92.5 guys: According to secondary ticket brokers, they project 40% ****** fans at the game.

If that happens I’ll be really pissed. So many true fans were passed over for season tickets…..

This according to the 92.5 guys: According to secondary ticket brokers, they project 40% ****** fans at the game.

If that happens I’ll be really pissed. So many true fans were passed over for season tickets…..
1. 40% seems really high. that'd be higher than the last time they played here, had more legit expectations of a win, and ticket prices were far lower
2. I have no idea -- are the 92.5 guys credible?
3. I question how secondary ticket brokers (assuming most sales are online) would know if they're selling to CU or NU fans.

Anybody who sells their tickets to a Husker should have their Colorado Fan card pulled. No excuse. You have the chance to see Coach Prime in his first home game and you want to sell your tickets to make a few hundred dollars. If you are that thirsty for cash you have no business buying season tickets anyway. He might give Buff Nation a pass this first game but keep doing that and its a good way to chase him off. Guarantee it will be part of the narrative tomorrow.

1. 40% seems really high. that'd be higher than the last time they played here, had more legit expectations of a win, and ticket prices were far lower
3. I question how secondary ticket brokers (assuming most sales are online) would know if they're selling to CU or NU fans.
This all comes from a report in the DP. My impression is that CU did as good of a job as they could have to prevent tickets being sold directly to knu fans. So to hit the 40%, this would mean that an insane number of tickets have been sold (and tracked correctly) by the P2P ticket outfits. I'm not buying it.

I would assume the secondary market is heavily weighted toward knu fans and while it may seem counterintuitive that explains the run up in ticket prices. As a % I bet they have a lot of disposable income. Land near missile silos is cheap and they have abundant cow remnant to eat nearly free. so the job at the local chug and lube does them quite well. They can afford $4000 tickets because there's simply nothing else they need. What was Slingblade's daily budget?

This all comes from a report in the DP. My impression is that CU did as good of a job as they could have to prevent tickets being sold directly to knu fans. So to hit the 40%, this would mean that an insane number of tickets have been sold (and tracked correctly) by the P2P ticket outfits. I'm not buying it.
Yeah. That report is dubious. But even 1% is too much. I only want to see red in the visitor section with McChesney.

If that’s true, then it’s squarely at the feet of RG and his ticketing team. They know it’s going to happen, so they need to create policies to fight it.

Also, imagine having such a poverty mindset that you surrender your ticket to the most important game in years to break even on your season pass. Wtf is the point of the season pass or fandom at that point

If that’s true, then it’s squarely at the feet of RG and his ticketing team. They know it’s going to happen, so they need to create policies to fight it.

Also, imagine having such a poverty mindset that you surrender your ticket to the most important game in years to break even on your season pass. Wtf is the point of the season pass or fandom at that point
We are doing it wrong if someone in the AD isn't walking through the stadium to find out who sold their tickets to knu fans.....and then immediately revoking those tickets and selling them to students and other fans

saw this posted. Hilarious. Not one single hightlight from the last two games. In fact I dont think any of the hightlights were less than 15 years old. And I think the mountain in the opening shot is in Idaho

I'd say the 40% figure is very misleading because that's 40% of the tickets on the secondary market. Plus it's also only data from the 1 ticket resale sight they looked at. So let's randomly guess there's 5000 tickets for sale on that sight, and 40% have been sold to fusker fans. Which equates to 2000 tickets.

That's why I asked. The dude that installed Dish for me awhile back, previously had Directv, told me Dish and Fox were in some kind of contract dispute and they weren't carrying it. If that's the case, why the hell do I get FS1 and FS2?

same. my next meeting is my weekly 1:1 with my supervisor. I usually take the lead on the agenda for that, "here's an update on my accounts and 2-3 other things I want to discuss"

right now my agenda looks like:
  • CU's home opener
  • tailgating
  • VT/Purdue
  • UW/WSU
  • aren't there some NFL games on Sunday?
just finished. fortunately, my accounts are in good shape and 60% of discussion was football 😁

my supervisor loves CFB too (Wisconsin Badgers) and is following the CU/Sanders story fairly closely :love:

I would assume the secondary market is heavily weighted toward knu fans and while it may seem counterintuitive that explains the run up in ticket prices. As a % I bet they have a lot of disposable income. Land near missile silos is cheap and they have abundant cow remnant to eat nearly free. so the job at the local chug and lube does them quite well. They can afford $4000 tickets because there's simply nothing else they need. What was Slingblade's daily budget?

That was one of the funniest things I’ve read in a long time!… I am rolling.

That's why I asked. The dude that installed Dish for me awhile back, previously had Directv, told me Dish and Fox were in some kind of contract dispute and they weren't carrying it. If that's the case, why the hell do I get FS1 and FS2?
Fox is currently not available on DTV in Colorado, I have no idea about Dish. You can look up DTV details here https://www.directv.com/tvpromise/

Game not on FS1, on Fox national

1694191299020.gif

Back