What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska WR Coach Cited for 3rd DWI

Or the officer knew the system and protected the program by intentionally putting it down as a .15 when maybe it was a .16 or .17 reading. After some of the reports that have come out with the way the police protect the football team in Waco, Knoxville and Tallahassee, I don't trust anything.
I was just thinking that the officer is probably the most legit person in this entire situation because he made the arrest in the first place. You know that he is going to catch flak for it.

If he wanted Williams to get off, he could have screwed up the test or intentionally taken longer to get to the police station. There are a lot of things that have to happen and be documented properly in a DUI case, at least in Colorado, that if the arresting officer wanted for it to be a lesser charge, he could have ensured that it was.

I was just thinking that the officer is probably the most legit person in this entire situation because he made the arrest in the first place. You know that he is going to catch flak for it.

If he wanted Williams to get off, he could have screwed up the test or intentionally taken longer to get to the police station. There are a lot of things that have to happen and be documented properly in a DUI case, at least in Colorado, that if the arresting officer wanted for it to be a lesser charge, he could have ensured that it was.

I'm sure you are right. But I don't think he had a choice in making an arrest in the first place. There was an accident. Not like this was a simple traffic stop that resulted in him bringing the coach in.

Agreed. We probably won't ever know what the cop was thinking but given the fact that if the case goes to trial, the officer is going to be under a ton of scrutiny, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point. A lot of it depends on how sloppy drunk Williams was. 1.5 is drunk by most standards but an alcoholic might seem normal at that level of intoxication.

Apparently Williams crashed into an Uber which adds a whole new level of irony to the situation.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_ec4afbb0-6a79-11e6-b19d-f31034f813b4.html

Not sure if this has anything to do with their WR coach or not(I don't expect them to ever say a player left because they retained him). Still a blow to Calibraska, he was going to play quite a bit this year.

LaTef Grim confirmed to the Journal Star his son is leaving the program and is planning to fly home to California on Thursday.

"He was uncomfortable there," LaTef said. "This isn't the first incident. He wanted to leave in the spring. Coaches talked to him ... and it got to a point now where he was calling me through camp. And I was like, 'This is camp.' I thought it was camp life.

Last edited:
Questioning his judgment is the wrong angle. Pretty clear that he is likely an alcoholic, which means drinking and driving is not a decision in the sense that non-alcoholics think of it. If an alcoholic, he is literally insane when it comes to drinking. Would like to see mandatory 60-90 day rehab plus other penalties in these type of cases.

Regarding multiple offenses....It seems as though some criminal loving legislators and the defense bar pushed through new legislation that reduces mandatory sentencing and perhaps jail time for multiple DUI offenders in Colorado.
Someone recently had their FIFTH DUI and there will be no jail time.

Back