What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Never seen Brian Howell this frustrated

This fits a lot of places, but pretty amazing change of tone if you've followed their commentary outside of this season. (SIAP somewhere else).

“It’s hopeless at this point.” Well said Brian. “Both guys are setup to fail.” Well said Adam. “The Buffs are ****ed every which way.” Well said yours ****ing truly.

Last edited:
this question is doubly laughable to me given our upcoming opponent. If we’re trying to push that Lewis is more of a dual threat guy while JT is a more pocket passer, wouldn’t JT be the obvious choice? Air Force D practices against a running QB O every day. Which guy would make them less comfortable?

That said, I really think Lewis is going to start this game. :head desk:

Does KD like hookers and blow? Asking for a photographer friend.
homer simpson episode 6 GIF

Adam's getting pretty defensive over on 247 after some posters were criticizing his lack of tough questioning for KD in today's pointless media session. I like Adam, he seems like a good guy. But it's absolutely true that he and Howell have been far too kind to the AD and HC over the years. Now that people are rightly coming around to how terrible KD is, we want our media members to apply pressure and start to press RG and KD on the awful state of affairs.

Although there have been some critical articles lately from other media outlets, Adam and Brian still seem reluctant to do so. It really seems like they are scared that Plati or someone will be mad at them or revoke what little access they have. I don't get it. To me, they lose credibility each time they regurgitate KD's nonsense without question. Show a little spine and hold their feet to the fire.

Last edited:
Adam's getting pretty defensive over on 247 after some posters were criticizing his lack of questioning for KD in today's pointless media session. I like Adam, he seems like a good guy. But it's absolutely true that he and Howell have been far too kind to the AD and HC over the years. Now that people are rightly coming around to how terrible KD is, we want our media members to apply pressure and start to press RG and KD on the awful state of affairs.

Although there has been some critical articles lately from other media outlets, Adam and Brian still seem reluctant to do so. It really seems like they are scared that Plati or someone will be mad at them or revoke what little access they have. I don't get it. To me, they lose credibility each time they regurgitate KD's nonsense without questions. Show a little spine and hold their feet to the fire.
Adam's a bit different. He's a publisher of a recruiting site. If he compromises relationships or behind the scenes access, he can't do his job effectively. He hasn't been rah rah, has been critical. What he hasn't been is combative or confrontational with players, coaches or AD personnel. I think it's misplaced to expect that of him.

Brian's got more leeway and journalistic obligation to be critical. But this is a pretty softball sports journalism culture in CO in general. He seems about as critical and questioning as the folks who cover the pro teams, imo, other than he wouldn't criticize an individual recruit or transfer like someone on a pro beat would a draft pick or FA signing. A bit softer on roster players in general, too. I'm pretty ok with the balance he strikes of D1 college sports being a much higher level of accountability than high school, but not reaching the pro standard.

Adam's getting pretty defensive over on 247 after some posters were criticizing his lack of tough questioning for KD in today's pointless media session. I like Adam, he seems like a good guy. But it's absolutely true that he and Howell have been far too kind to the AD and HC over the years. Now that people are rightly coming around to how terrible KD is, we want our media members to apply pressure and start to press RG and KD on the awful state of affairs.

Although there have been some critical articles lately from other media outlets, Adam and Brian still seem reluctant to do so. It really seems like they are scared that Plati or someone will be mad at them or revoke what little access they have. I don't get it. To me, they lose credibility each time they regurgitate KD's nonsense without question. Show a little spine and hold their feet to the fire.
This isn’t Adam’s job.

Adam's a bit different. He's a publisher of a recruiting site. If he compromises relationships or behind the scenes access, he can't do his job effectively. He hasn't been rah rah, has been critical. What he hasn't been is combative or confrontational with players, coaches or AD personnel. I think it's misplaced to expect that of him.

Brian's got more leeway and journalistic obligation to be critical. But this is a pretty softball sports journalism culture in CO in general. He seems about as critical and questioning as the folks who cover the pro teams, imo, other than he wouldn't criticize an individual recruit or transfer like someone on a pro beat would a draft pick or FA signing. A bit softer on roster players in general, too. I'm pretty ok with the balance he strikes of D1 college sports being a much higher level of accountability than high school, but not reaching the pro standard.

I understand that Adam's livelihood depends on the relationships he builds, and I would never expect him, or any media member, to be confrontational with college players. I didn't state that nor do I want to see it.

However, as a paying member of his site, I absolutely do expect him to reflect, as least in part, his customers' frustrations with the HC and AD by asking challenging, tough questions and calling out leadership when they feed him a line of BS. No one's expecting him to be Jim Murray, but he's been tougher in the comments section of his website than he has toward KD. Just push back on the BS a little. That's not too much to ask.

Howell's a joke.

But he doesn’t get any of those benefits in Plati Penetenciary. 247 corporate should tell the CU to eat ****. They certainly don’t make money right now at 247.colorado, so no risk.

Last edited:
I understand that Adam's livelihood depends on the relationships he builds, and I would never expect him, or any media member, to be confrontational with college players. I didn't state that nor do I want to see it.

However, as a paying member of his site, I absolutely do expect him to reflect, as least in part, his customers' frustrations with the HC and AD by asking challenging, tough questions and calling out leadership when they feed him a line of BS. No one's expecting him to be Jim Murray, but he's been tougher in the comments section of his website than he has toward KD. Just push back on the BS a little. That's not too much to ask.

Howell's a joke.
Nik is right. The sports media in this town is bad. A lot of them are notoriously soft on in particular the Broncos. Benjamin Allbright in particular. Case in point's Monday-I thought they went really soft on Nathaniel Hackett and the Broncos after that absolute ****ing egg they laid in Seattle. I mean I haven't seen CU teams coached by Embree or Eeyore fumble the ball twice on the goal line, commit 7 defensive penalties, and take two delay of game calls on the same drive. Media went soft on them. Lots of "they'll be back" type takes. Could that be true? Sure, but if you play like that you deserve to get excoriated when you get back here.

In terms of the CU media, I left the Academy early 4th. 34-10 AFA at that point. Barnett and Johnson are making excuses about how young this team is. Like I think they're both AD employees......but do you honestly think anybody's actually buying that line of ****? Adam and Brian (who I'll get to in a minute) haven't gone anywhere near that point. I'll say this with AM though-I want him to be more critical of the football program and AD than he has. He's a pro-he can call what he's watching what it is in a way that doesn't offend Plati's thin-skinned ass. Brian's the one who actually has been interesting to me. I like him. Very responsive on twitter. He's a glass half full guy though-and if you lose him if you're CU.......time to look in the mirror.

Howell's a joke.
What specifically would you like him to ask that fits in this box you describe above?

What specifically would you like him to ask that fits in this box you describe above?
Here’s the question I suggested (and got snapped at)…

Do you, your OC and the team Know who is starting at QB this week?

Did any of the QBs provide that “spark” this week that you talked about post AFA game?

As a Colorado football fan and WKU alumni, I posted on a Colorado board many months ago (not this one), about concerns I had for the hiring of Mike Sanford as Offensive Coordinator. He simply has been a train wreck of a head coach at WKU (where he called plays) followed by Offensive Coordinator stints at Utah State and Minnesota. At all three stops offensive production declined significantly the first year he took over and never recovered. I was shocked that the Buffs brought him on to lead the offense with such an awful track record.

But to be totally fair to Mike, is the talent level that bad that nobody could do anything with it? I mean, not scoring more than 30 total points in three games is unexplainable regardless of competition unless two of those games were against Georgia! QB is a question mark but this is a little ridiculous. So I'm curious as to what everyone thinks is the main issue--Coach Dorrell, Mike Sanford, Dorrell's decision to hire Sanford, etc.? Defense certainly doesn't get any awards either, but it's a little difficult to demand a lot from them when the O is the bad that the D had to play 60% of the minutes on the field in the last two games.

As a Colorado football fan and WKU alumni, I posted on a Colorado board many months ago (not this one), about concerns I had for the hiring of Mike Sanford as Offensive Coordinator. He simply has been a train wreck of a head coach at WKU (where he called plays) followed by Offensive Coordinator stints at Utah State and Minnesota. At all three stops offensive production declined significantly the first year he took over and never recovered. I was shocked that the Buffs brought him on to lead the offense with such an awful track record.

But to be totally fair to Mike, is the talent level that bad that nobody could do anything with it? I mean, not scoring more than 30 total points in three games is unexplainable regardless of competition unless two of those games were against Georgia! QB is a question mark but this is a little ridiculous. So I'm curious as to what everyone thinks is the main issue--Coach Dorrell, Mike Sanford, Dorrell's decision to hire Sanford, etc.? Defense certainly doesn't get any awards either, but it's a little difficult to demand a lot from them when the O is the bad that the D had to play 60% of the minutes on the field in the last two games.
I think deciding between Dorrell and Sanford is like drinking a cocktail of arsenic and hemlock and debating which poison killed you.

Probably 3 win talent with no win coaching.

**** you Eeyore.

Dorrell and Wilson.
DB play has been good given the losses.
Leadership of these two is awful.
We have better talent than any MWC team but we might be able to beat 1-2 MWC schools l. Talented enough to at least be competitive in the PAC12 (.500). See WSU. We have recruited better forever. QB is an exception currently.

In his article this morning he quotes HCKD and from the way it sounds HCKD can't figure out what's wrong or how to fix it. Not much reason to be optimistic from reading the quotes. Think this gets considerably worse before it gets better.

In his article this morning he quotes HCKD and from the way it sounds HCKD can't figure out what's wrong or how to fix it. Not much reason to be optimistic from reading the quotes. Think this gets considerably worse before it gets better.
It's obvious that KD does not have a read on his players, coaches, schemes, or locker room. All he sees is that we've had effective practices with guys making plays and then none of that translating to Saturday. He's in over his head. I don't agree with people saying that KD is mailing things in and collecting a paycheck. The reality is that he's simply not capable of doing the job he was hired for.

It's obvious that KD does not have a read on his players, coaches, schemes, or locker room. All he sees is that we've had effective practices with guys making plays and then none of that translating to Saturday. He's in over his head. I don't agree with people saying that KD is mailing things in and collecting a paycheck. The reality is that he's simply not capable of doing the job he was hired for.
Well, I feel better now.

Back