What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Never seen Brian Howell this frustrated

The President of a School system naming Phil and Rick by name in that type of statement almost never happens. We’ll see if he holds them to that or not
Did I miss that? The quote said “Chancellor” and “Athletic Director” with Brian adding the names in parenthesis.

Politically, he has to say that about RG and PD. It's good managerial leadership, too.

Did people expect him to say that he's got no confidence in the campus Chancellor or Athletic Director so he's personally taking charge? Fire them through a BDC interview?
Yes.

Some interesting quotes in here from the Prez. He says, “all eyes are on the next game.”

I read Saliman’s comments to mean, “If we lose to Arizona, I want changes made.”

I believe that is as strongly worded statement as he could possibly make.

The fact that he even granted the interview is a statement of solidarity with the fans.

The fact that he even granted the interview is a statement of solidarity with the fans.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Politically, he has to say that about RG and PD. It's good managerial leadership, too.

Did people expect him to say that he's got no confidence in the campus Chancellor or Athletic Director so he's personally taking charge? Fire them through a BDC interview?

Yea that's fair. And true

Upon reflection, it is a pretty positive statement by Saliman. I suspect, those who are harsh, including me, are simply venting our frustration. We are fans, and have had our goodwill abused for two decades now. A little venting is not to be unexpected. Will he follow through? I hope so.

Meh, Brian is one of us now. The powers that be will keep KD. I feel for him but I’m not going to pretend that he’s got ant more insight than the average fan

He never has anything tangible he sees for how to improve. It's always big picture hope. Offense is where he at least has some general idea of what he wants (more efficiency with more chunk plays) but on defense he can't even describe it to that level. There is no identity he is ever able to describe and that's the main reason for him being in over his head.

Anyway, it just needs to be over.

Back