What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Basketball/Volleyball Facility

You know what would make that thing REALLY attractive to prospective recruits? A rooftop deck. Put a barbecue up there, some lawn chairs, a couple awnings and bingo - instant party with one of the best views in the world.

You know what would make that thing REALLY attractive to Alumni? A rooftop deck. Put a barbecue up there, some lawn chairs, a couple awnings, beer taps and bingo - instant party with one of the best views in the world.

Fify

Anyone else notice the pac 12 logo on the floors? :smile2: Now if only they had put CU colors on them...

Gonna be nice.

Old folks, small children and drunks are going to love the entry steps not being so steep.

You know what would make that thing REALLY attractive to prospective recruits? A rooftop deck. Put a barbecue up there, some lawn chairs, a couple awnings and bingo - instant party with one of the best views in the world.

Well that would bring DBT's posse.

awesome. the video is only a couple of days old. I drove by on Saturday and the steps were just a bit further along than what was in the video.

It looks nice. Locker rooms aren't crazy over-the-top like like Oregon, but they seem pretty classy.

So are those new lockerooms going to be the "permanent" ones? Didn't they just redo the ones in the CES a couple years ago.

The MBB lockerroom was redone in Coors. My understanding is these are for WBB and VB.

image.jpg

Really looking good...will be better than KU's practice facility-----

Title IX — the federally mandated equal-opportunity legislation — might have been the impetus, but perhaps the biggest beneficiaries of the undertaking will be the men’s and women’s basketball teams.
The centerpiece of the project is a new, 11,600-square-foot basketball practice facility.
It will be bounded by Parrott and Wagnon Student Athlete Center on the north, Anschutz Sports Pavilion on the west, Horejsi Center on the south and Allen Fieldhouse on the east.
The facility will feature the same floor and similar lighting as the fieldhouse, a court-and-a-half setup with seven hoops, a banner of accomplishments and the floor from the 2008 Final Four court on the walls, plus a sound system into which users can connect personal MP3 players,
“It’s a state-of-the-art facility,” Lester said, “and NBA-type facility. The goal is to have as game-like conditions as we can possibly have.”
Men’s coach Bill Self likes what he has seen.
"I really believe when our facilities are done, we'll have as nice a practice and arena facility as any in the country,” he said. “It will be state-of-the-art practice facility, a court and a half, not only will it be beautiful but practical and one our athletes can take full advantage of.”
--- We have 35,000 square feet and two full courts....Yeah I know they have scoreboard forever and 5 more championships but hey its nice to have better facilities than a big time school in a major sport for once. :thumbsup:

Good info, Austin.

It's good to know that we won't look 2nd class on facilities to even the elite recruits that Kansas is considering.

Holy crap! Meisler wrote something positive about CU! She must be trying to repent for her sins from her life of crime.

Holy crap! Meisler wrote something positive about CU! She must be trying to repent for her sins from her life of crime.

She's definitely a homer for us. As long as the wind is blowing our way, we can count on her to deliver some pro-CU puff pieces.

Pac-12 Day Pics

Was in Boulder today, so thought I'd take a couple of pics to share with everyone ... They are now working on landscaping and all of the finishing touches.
The place looks allsome from the outside.

Keg1.jpgKeg2.jpgKeg3.jpgKeg4.jpg

i hope we aren't married to the sloping, italics font for very long. it's so late 70's, disco 80's.

"Tickets". it completely goes against the natural geometries of the Klauder-style Tuscan CU architecture. which are triangles shortened on one side to represent the flatirons.

i hope we aren't married to the sloping, italics font for very long. it's so late 70's, disco 80's.

"Tickets". it completely goes against the natural geometries of the Klauder-style Tuscan CU architecture. which are triangles shortened on one side to represent the flatirons.

Wow - and I agree

Back