What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Basketball/Volleyball Facility

Wasn't that building sitting on the top of the cliffs above Normandy?

Thinkin' about your pill box, old man? Aren't you.

At a boy. Each med is like a little ray of sunshine.

I was google-ing Coors Events Center to see if I could find any new pics and ran across these from the company who does the wood flooring. I think the fly-away goals are pretty sweet.

...no sign of the new video/ribbon boards yet in these.

Coors%20Event%20Center%201_jpg.htm

Coors%20Event%20Center%202_jpg.htm

Coors%20Event%20Center_jpg.htm

I'm pretty sure the new video boards are in but the ribbon board is still to be done. Plenty of time left to get those in before bball season starts though. Man, I'm excited to see what we can do this year in a revamped CEC.

Ribbon boards are also in. There are 2 boards, one on each of the 2 long sides of the arena, about where the various banners used to hang. At last nights volleyball match, they used them to show advertisers signs, info about upcoming VB and FB matches, etc. It was neat to be able to watch replays on the video boards.

Looks like they're pouring foundation. Good.

If there's a silver lining to the economic situation we're in, it's that if you are building something, there is no shortage of subcontractors lining up to bid. Work gets done fast and usually for less than you had budgeted.

Looks like they're pouring foundation. Good.

If there's a silver lining to the economic situation we're in, it's that if you are building something, there is no shortage of subcontractors lining up to bid. Work gets done fast and usually for less than you had budgeted.

Yep. We are getting really good bids as opposed to a couple of years ago when there was a shortage of building materials due to hurricanes and China's building boom. Also, as you say, there are a LOT of hungry contractors out there.

i swear the center for community was halfway done at this juncture, time wise. taking their sweet ass time if you ask me.

wow the CEC looks even WORSE from that angle.

I always liked the view of that side of the CEC...that vertical side is the only side that gives the CEC some scale and makes it look like an actual arena - from the other sides it looks like a convention or expo center...shame that the new facility is going to kill that view...

I drove by the other day and saw a steel worker sitting on top of a beam spanning between two columns. Hopefully, it'll start to take shape pretty quickly now.

I didn't realize the photo I posted was auto-updating.

Cool.

You can also see the progress on the new building on the East Campus from that shot.

I didn't realize the photo I posted was auto-updating.

Cool.

You can also see the progress on the new building on the East Campus from that shot.

That is actually a new dorm at WillVill. The new biotech building on east campus is a different thing.

I drove by to see it in person and it make a huge difference than what you see in the webcam shot that buffnik posted. They are getting close to putting the roof on that thing. Hopefully we have a month or so of nice weather so they can get the outside totally finished.

I drove by to see it in person and it make a huge difference than what you see in the webcam shot that buffnik posted. They are getting close to putting the roof on that thing. Hopefully we have a month or so of nice weather so they can get the outside totally finished.

Roof is now on. They'll be able to make great progress this winter. The weather has really cooperated this fall.

Roof is now on. They'll be able to make great progress this winter. The weather has really cooperated this fall.

I think they have the ceiling of the gym up and still need to finish the 2nd story with office etc before the room goes on.

I was just looking at google maps, and they have a pretty new aerial image of the campus (within the past 6 months or so...). When did they build all of those outdoor basketball courts behind the Coors events center?

They just put up the last steel beam and now they can work on roofing and the outer walls and then the construction guys will have all winter and spring to finish the interior. The weather has cooperated and perhaps God wants to see some great times at CU again.

GO BUFFS!

They just put up the last steel beam and now they can work on roofing and the outer walls and then the construction guys will have all winter and spring to finish the interior. The weather has cooperated and perhaps God wants to see some great times at CU again.

GO BUFFS!

are they going to be able to put the flagstone up on the outside during the winter? I hope they get the steps to the CEC done soon because it is awful to walk around and go up the ramp if you park in the garage.

Back