What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Commit coming soon?

We weren't even on his list of schools?
Strictly guessing here but I think he might have been focused on schools he thought might offer him a scholarship. He took some unofficials and camped at a number of schools.

In the end wouldn't surprise me is the cancer scared some FCS or even G5 schools away and he believes that because of the cancer and recovery his actual potential is much higher than what he was able to show on the field this past season.

At that point he started looking for best fit and opportunity and settled on CU.

All just opinion unsupported by any information from him.

You may be on to something here. It wouldn't surprise me if Lewis was sending out feelers. I get the impression that he felt like he wasn't exectly put in a place to succeed last season and if it happens that he and Sanford don't synch or he gets the impression that yet again the QB spot is completely up for grabs (right or wrong), he could be looking at other options. Somebody mentioned UTSA in another post. No idea if there was a reason, but that would be something I think would be enticing. Closer to home, fresh start. I think he'd absolutley tear it up somehere like UTSA, N. Texas, UTEP, Tulsa, etc.
I think BLew COULD become a really good QB with some more time, and maybe an offense specifically designed to utilize his talents. I think he's a year or two away from being efficient in reading defenses (of course, not all QB's get to that point). However, with the right QB coach, maybe he can advance that process considerably. Not sure that will happen here.
I guess I'm going all-in on Strout, sight unseen, as everyone else I've seen has not been good.

5'10" 170

WOW
Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

I hope

The backup is always the favorite of CU fans until he plays. All QBs on the roster have struggled with reading defenses. I watched JT Shrout at Tenessee and during Spring ball. He also struggled reading defenses throwing interceptions. All young QBs including Shrout struggle reading defenses early in their career. B Lewis struggled. He couldn't develop properly because he had to scramble out of the pocket, no OL protection. Improved OL play is needed to develop young QBs. I think both Shrout and Lewis are going to make significant progress in 2022.

The backup is always the favorite of CU fans until he plays. All QBs on the roster have struggled with reading defenses. I watched JT Shrout at Tenessee and during Spring ball. He also struggled reading defenses throwing interceptions. All young QBs including Shrout struggle reading defenses early in their career. B Lewis struggled. He couldn't develop properly because he had to scramble out of the pocket, no OL protection. Improved OL play is needed to develop young QBs. I think both Shrout and Lewis are going to make significant progress in 2022.
Practice is where a QB pushes his limits to see what he can and can't do. If you don't see a QB throwing interceptions in practice he is not working hard enough. Ask Peyton Manning....

Practice is where a QB pushes his limits to see what he can and can't do. If you don't see a QB throwing interceptions in practice he is not working hard enough. Ask Peyton Manning....

He was throwing picks in real games too. Which is expected for young QBs. Hopefully with more experience they can both limit the turnovers.

Lewis was so obsessively nervous about throwing interceptions this year, I found myself wondering if part of his back story was that one of his parents was killed in some sort of pick 6 incident that he witnessed from the stands.

I mean, I considered other possibilities too, but that's the one that seemed the most likely for what I was witnessing on the field.

Last edited:
I don't even know where to start with this. Another uninformed, ignorant post. Shocker.

Lewis was so obsessively nervous about throwing interceptions this year, I found myself wondering if part of his back story was that one of his parents was killed in some sort of pick 6 incident that he witnessed from the stands.

I mean, I considered other possibilities too, but that's the one that seemed the most likely for what I was witnessing on the field.

Lewis didn't have the time in tne pocket for the most part to be able to throw an INT. I felt sorry for him while watching the Utah game. You can see the frustration.

How dare they take a chance on a walkon!!!
Not even about taking a chance really. How many legit G5 kids are passing up those scholarships to be a walk on at CU? None.
More like in the past few years we have been giving some scholarships to some kids who really should be G5 kids.

Also if you look at virtually every school in the country and you will find kids walking on who are FCS or even D2 talents coming out of high school.

What do you want in a walk-on.

1. You want a kid who is not going to be a negative to the team. Good attitude, hard worker, good enough student, stay out of trouble and be ready to do what it takes to help the team.

2. You want a kid who can contribute to the scout teams. A kid who is smart enough and works hard enough to pick up the things you want him to simulate on the practice field to give the guys who are going to play in the game an idea of what they will see that week in the game.

3. Added bonus if the kid is a good enough athlete to be able to contribute on special teams. This reduces the risks to your depth chart guys and lets them focus on their regular positions.

4. If you are really lucky it's great to get a guy every couple years who grows and develops into a P5 level player who can contribute on your depth chart.

And it should be remembered that CSU-Pueblo is D2 and has multiple players in the NFL right now including some top end starters.

Our regular recruiting still needs to get much better. We need to be using our scholarships on guys who are legit P5 prospects as indicated by actual offers from other P5 schools (and not just Kansas.)

That said one of the things that most of the top ranked schools have is a quality walk on program that fits the four items listed above.

Back