What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Commit coming soon?

Here is a long story in the Bakersfield paper about Oliver and his signing with CU.

What I found most interesting is that he is moving to Boulder on Monday because classes start on Tuesday. CU started classes already, on Monday of this week. But, CU Continuing Education classes, which are all online, starts on Tuesday next week. I wonder if a lot of the players are taking CE classes, online only, rather than in-the classroom classes. CU is scheduled to be back in the classroom a week from this coming Monday.

Here's a link to the Bakersfield article. Clearly, since he's been coached by his Dad who played db at USC, he'll be ahead of many high school kids. Also, CU recruited him to come here right away, this spring and get going. So they are planning on going young and with what we got it would seem at CB.

I think the reference about classes is just that he's missed a week but can still enroll in spring and be here for the start of in-person classes. Don't think the above reference to CE is allowed for NCAA eligibility.

Here's a link to the Bakersfield article. Clearly, since he's been coached by his Dad who played db at USC, he'll be ahead of many high school kids. Also, CU recruited him to come here right away, this spring and get going. So they are planning on going young and with what we got it would seem at CB.

I think the reference about classes is just that he's missed a week but can still enroll in spring and be here for the start of in-person classes. Don't think the above reference to CE is allowed for NCAA eligibility.

Had offers from Cal, Oregon State, Utah, and a bunch of MWC schools. Not bad overall.

Monday is MLK day so no classes. What you wrote makes sense.

What I found most interesting is that he is moving to Boulder on Monday because classes start on Tuesday. CU started classes already, on Monday of this week. But, CU Continuing Education classes, which are all online, starts on Tuesday next week. I wonder if a lot of the players are taking CE classes, online only, rather than in-the classroom classes. CU is scheduled to be back in the classroom a week from this coming Monday.
A good student, and this guy graduating early from high school would be one indicator that he handles the classroom, can make up one week of classes.

For holic: I don't think the NCAA has a problem with students taking CE classes as long as they are taught by the same school as the player goes to and they are available to and transcripted the same for non-athletes as well.

Further I wonder if the NCAA is being even more flexible in regards to classes that are outside of the traditional classroom including correspondence, on-line, independent study, etc. at this time because of the Covid issues on so many campuses.

Considering that in the last year and a half we have had a huge number of campuses that have been on remote learning including some that sent students home I would think that they are being more flexible, and extending that flexibility to all schools regardless of campus status would make administration of the rules easier.

For holic: I don't think the NCAA has a problem with students taking CE classes as long as they are taught by the same school as the player goes to and they are available to and transcripted the same for non-athletes as well.
No. Courses must be applicable to the chosen degree program with no exceptions. The student can certainly take CE classes, they just don't count for anything in terms of their eligibility. They must pass 12 credits each semester that are countable towards graduation and CE are definitely not.

sad star wars GIF by Hyper RPG

Forgot how good that movie was. I useually fall asleep while watching films like the eternals and etc. Didn't fall asleep watching Major league. We need a culture change. Some fans and players need to be like the loyal Cleveland fans in the movie. We need to start the process by revamping the roster. If a player doesn't want to stay at CU, they can leave.

Chandler Dorrell and Sanford also tweeted something right after. I honestly think there is a real possibility they believed Ky Thomas was committing to them and ****ed it up.

Would be pretty surprising given our offense and that we don't even have a WR coach. Although didn't throw the ball much this year either.
Lol why are you doing this? It’s one thing to be disappointed and post frustration when good players announce a transfer or someone like bread shares some negative scoop, but it’s weird to start making things up (first post) or go out of your way to take something positive and **** on it (second post).

One thing you hear about KD is he has made a lot of good connections with coaches in the NFL and in college. A former NFL WR coach that has coached for teams like the Broncos should be able to recruit WRs. Hopefully it is Sneed. That will mean he has recruited 4 WRs wirthout a WR coach, that is pretty good. And it is not surprising.

Lol why are you doing this? It’s one thing to be disappointed and post frustration when good players announce a transfer or someone like bread shares some negative scoop, but it’s weird to start making things up (first post) or go out of your way to take something positive and **** on it (second post).

No true fan will do that. Like you said criticism is okay. Good news should also be celebrated.

First post agree was negative, 2nd was just saying it would be surprising not impossible. There was also a typo that meant to say Baylor didn't throw the ball much last year. There does appear to be a good amount of Twitter smoke with Sneed with mutual mutual twitter follows. WR isn't what I would consider a major position of need, but this would be a good get.

Back