What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Ole Miss mascot

Candygram.
200w.gif

Odd timing. I was channel surfing last night and ran across a less-than B movie titled, "Trailer Park Shark".

You probably don't wanna google that.

What's the point of a mascot, which is primarily there for the kids, if it's so creepy/awkward/strange that kids get scared by it?

It took until 2010 before Ole Miss finally got shamed out of having Colonel Reb as its mascot. It has used some kind of bear for the past 8 years. I think Larry Landshark (or whatever its name is) is an upgrade, personally.

I’m so lost why the **** is the mascot a ****ing shark? So now they’re the landsharks?
It's pretty tough to translate a "Rebels" nickname into a live mascot, aside from the dear departed traitor once known as Colonel Reb. The bear failed to generate enthusiasm, so why not go with Larry Landshark?

It's pretty tough to translate a "Rebels" nickname into a live mascot, aside from the dear departed traitor once known as Colonel Reb. The bear failed to generate enthusiasm, so why not go with Larry Landshark?

No it’s not! It’s mississippi! Just send out Jethro the toothless, mud fisher and they’ll relate perfectly!

Back