What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Ole Miss mascot

How many mascots does Auburn have? At least two - a tiger and something called a “war eagle”. Tennessee has a dog, and some kind of mountain man. Roll Tide = an elephant? No freaking clue how that came about. A&M fits right in with a dog, some weird dudes grabbing their nuts, and they call themselves aggies.

417507_3040147237500_511432141_n-e1412105325864.jpg

They might have a silly mascot...........but they do have fans who look like this

"The landshark—and the name Tony—is actually an ode to Tony Fein, an Iraq War vet and former Rebel linebacker who passed away in 2009 after what was ruled an accidental drug overdose. Fein was a key contributor on an aggressive defense that drove Ole Miss’ turnaround from three-win team in 2007 to nine-win Cotton Bowl champs in 2008. That season, Fein began celebrating big plays by putting a hand to his forehead to mimic a shark fin. It caught on with the rest of the defense and came to represent the unit’s attacking, swarming style of play."

https://www.redcuprebellion.com/2018/8/11/17678492/ole-miss-mascot-landshark-rebels-tony-fein

There’s at least 1.5 brains there! But from left to right. Yes, meh, absolutely, no, no, mmm hmm.
This is my favorite thing that guys do. Like you would have any say at all in if those ladies wanted to sleep with you.

The classic is the friend at the bar who looks at a 10 and says, "I'd hit that.". Oh really? Well why don't you run on over there and let her know. I'm sure she's been eagerly awaiting your romantic proposition all night.

And you are certain of this why exactly?

I guess if the stereotype fits your narritive... slander away.
You see OUBuff tribalism is bad, unless you slander those who disagree with your tribe's view. Then it is a-OK to break out the broad brush of generalization. Oh and eliminating historical markers is in vogue too, Newthink, Newspeak, it's all the rage. It is the new tolerance.

**Not directed at you Alfred, or anyone in particular, just a comment on the level of PC nonsense slung around these days. It seems like society is looking for some offense to explain their perma-bunch panties.

You see OUBuff tribalism is bad, unless you slander those who disagree with your tribe's view. Then it is a-OK to break out the broad brush of generalization. Oh and eliminating historical markers is in vogue too, Newthink, Newspeak, it's all the rage. It is the new tolerance.

**Not directed at you Alfred, or anyone in particular, just a comment on the level of PC nonsense slung around these days. It seems like society is looking for some offense to explain their perma-bunch panties.

I wonder if sororities at Ole Miss are integrated . . .

Back