What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New wide receiver Will Jefferson

Really? Are you saying he looks better than those two?

Seriously? It would be very good if jefferson could help out this year. What impressed you about him at practice? I still think ussery will play depending on simmons status but you have seen them and I won't until csu game and I'm interested in your thoughts on the group and what you saw( I know 1 practice but)

I thought Ussery looked pretty good and he has gotten some compliments by others, but Jefferson apparently has seen the most reps with the first and second teams by far. They have also been giving him a long look on punt returns. I will say that dply is right-Jefferson seemed incredibly comfortable when I saw him on Tuesday. You would never know he just got his situation all figured out within the last couple weeks by watching him practice. I think both Jefferson and Ussery end up playing this season, but Jefferson might see the field sooner. We'll see how everyone looks tomorrow.

Darden seems like a good bet to redshirt for sure, he needs to fill out some and still looks a bit raw to me.

I thought Ussery looked pretty good and he has gotten some compliments by others, but Jefferson apparently has seen the most reps with the first and second teams by far. They have also been giving him a long look on punt returns. I will say that dply is right-Jefferson seemed incredibly comfortable when I saw him on Tuesday. You would never know he just got his situation all figured out within the last couple weeks by watching him practice. I think both Jefferson and Ussery end up playing this season, but Jefferson might see the field sooner. We'll see how everyone looks tomorrow.

Darden seems like a good bet to redshirt for sure, he needs to fill out some and still looks a bit raw to me.

fwiw, Darden looked good to me.

Nice to know, thanx :thumbsup:

Any other notes about the practice?

I mainly watched the receivers. Hawk was all over Moyd for a bit. I was a little worried about Hawk being the wide receivers position coach but he really gave them good pointers.....working on their feet postion etc. Darden and Ussery look the part but they also seem a little immature where as Jefferson looked like a blue collar guy that was there to work.

They kept scrimmaging on the far side of the field so I could barely make out what was going on over there.

When I first got to practice they were working on a screen to B-Lock. That play looked pretty good. There was no defense but those big uglies can move pretty well for being so huge.

blew my mind a bit when I saw that at the end of practice... but ya, he looks the part and really works hard, definitely puts more effort into everything he is doing than any other WR out there.

Back