What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Women's Basketball Coach JR Payne

(Duplicating what I wrote in a volleyball thread for those who don't venture there.)

Assume most people interested would already be notified via email or whatever, but wanted to mention that there's a Meet the Coaches event hosted by the Alumni Association on Wednesday, August 3rd scheduled from 5:30 PM to 8:00. New women's bball coach Payne and volleyball's Mahoney will be there.

More info and registration available at http://www.colorado.edu/alumni/meetthecoaches .
I was under the impression that this was only for alumni. Does anyone here know one way or the other for sure?

I was under the impression that this was only for alumni. Does anyone here know one way or the other for sure?
I received the email and I'm not an alum. I assume it's because I had been a season ticket holder for many seasons. So I went ahead and registered for the event. When registering it gives options for your relationship to the university (alum, donor, etc.).

Hope to meet and chat with the all-buff posters who attend this event. Some of you can teach me a bit about volleyball tactics and formations.

I received the email and wish I could go. I live 885 miles away. That's a bit far to come.

I'm not much of a women's BB fan but I do keep an eye on them and hope they win. So tonight was the first time I've ever heard Coach Payne speak (on 760). I have to say, I was instantly smitten. She is soooo engaging. Wow! I think RG hit this one out of the park! I predict recruits are going to really like her.

Last edited:
I'm not much of a women's BB fan but I do keep an eye on them and hope they win. So tonight was the first time I've ever heard Coach Payne speak (on 760). I have to say, I was instantly smitten. She is soooo engaging. Wow! I think RG hit this one out of the park! I predict recruits are going to really like her.
That's a strong prediction the week after she lands a 5* verbal. :ROFLMAO::p

Has JR done enough to get an extension this year or do you make the call next year? Seems like a tall order to recruit going into the final year of a contract.

Has JR done enough to get an extension this year or do you make the call next year? Seems like a tall order to recruit going into the final year of a contract.
she has another year on her contract, I think if she continues to have a decent year, she will get an extension I think the money lost from ticket revenue loss will keep her here more than anything

she has another year on her contract, I think if she continues to have a decent year, she will get an extension I think the money lost from ticket revenue loss will keep her here more than anything
Does she deserve more time? Is the upset win over #1 Stanford the start of an upward trend or is that like Dan Hawkins stumbling into an upset win over Oklahoma? I catch the games when I can, but I’m legitimately curious as to the thoughts of those that follow the program closely.

I think she deserves another year to work with these players. I also think the AD doesn't have the money to hire a better coach right now. CU doesn't pay JR what most other coaches in the Pac are making.

Back