What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Northern Colorado Game Week (Official Thread)

Man oh man.

Honestly, regardless of the final score, although UNC played a dang good game, this game is concerning.

It's just frustrating because we have these glimpses into how much talent we've got and potential. I mean look at Montez, our phenomenal receiver corps, relatively strong defense given all the shake-up, leadership from energetic and wise Lindsay....If we could just play like that more and more, instead of feeling like we're scared of success so we play mediocre or just sloppy/lazy enough to keep everyone's expectations low, we'd feel like we deserve to be ranked among the "good" teams in college football. I don't know about you all, but I didn't feel gypped about the Rose Bowl last year, because I didn't feel like we belonged there.

We can do it, just discipline, focus, and determination.

This is a mental loss considering that we had so many starters in the game all the way to the end. These games are important for future years. You need to get everyone playing so that there is more togetherness. The starters job in a game like this is to get ahead by 35 points and then cheer on the second and third team.

Montez throwing frat signs last week told me pretty much all I need to know about where this team's head is at. Hope they pull it together sooner than later.
I'm not a big fan of the Greek system, but this is the most ridiculous complaint about Montez I've heard. Was anyone complaining about Eric Bieniemy when he threw up the Omega sign every time he scored a touchdown?

Offense numbers look good but two turnovers and some inconsistent play, penalties, inside their 30 are frustrating.

Should have put up 56 to 63 points today.

Leadership, urgency, smart football are eluding this team right now.

Offense numbers look goid but two turnovers and some inconsistent play, penalties, inside their 30 are frustrating.

Should have put up 56 to 63 points today.

Leadership, urgency, smart football are eluding this team right now.

Yup. Hats off to the Bears as well.

Right now, many of the second team and third team are not as happy or excited because they did not play when they should have! Now, they need to be the scout team this week and give 110% effort and they may not be as jacked up as they should be. This is the next critical part of the Rise. Last year, we had our best players on special teams throughout games, now we need to get it where the second team is just a step below the first team and can handle special teams. The rise cannot move as fast right now as it was because when you have a long way to go it looks better. When you have little improvements to make, they look fewer and farther between.

This surely beats 2006-2015 any day!!!

Go Buffs

There are definitely positive signs. It's just disjointed or something. Need the OL to gel.

I like the fact that we are 3 and 0. But after playing CSU in the opener, how do you get jazzed up to play Texas State and then get jazzed up the play UNC the following week. I can understand some of the lack of focus with Udub coming next week.
Next week will show us a lot.

There are definitely positive signs. It's just disjointed or something. Need the OL to gel.

I have no doubt that the majority of our problems the last two weeks was related to attitude, focus, and intensity. What concerns me, however, is that when a team like this one has lapses like this, what's going to happen when they play good teams?

We're going to need no lapses next week to even have a chance, and I have a hard time believing that any team can go from playing blasé and uninspired football for 10 quarters to playing well enough to go toe to toe with a top 10 team just like that.

Montez also ran for 68 yards on 10 carries today.

I think people might be overreacting a bit. The bright side is that I think that the offensive coordinators have a better understanding of their offense especially more zone reads and pass the ball to set up the run (or more zone reads). It's also good that our defense got exposed today so the defensive coaches will work on plugging those leaks in practice this coming week.

I'd want to play UNC again in the future and I think I will watch some UNC games online or in person this year.

And how is what I said wrong exactly? Coaches continue to not even try anyone else. Adkins isn't hurt, he is getting some yards when given the opportunity. Why do you have such a hard on for the kid?

The coaches have absolutely dropped the ball in RB recruiting, but that doesn't mean Adkins is absolved from stupid mistakes.

Back