What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Northern Colorado Game Week (Official Thread)

Maybe. I'd almost rather us not. The team doesn't deserve more credit. I think they are a little complacent and resting on their laurels. Hope they prove me wrong.

I did not think of it that way. Maybe it would, but maybe they would RISE up and put a great game together with something like a silly rating on the line?

Thus far, this season's Buffs don't have the heart or desire that last season's team played with. Last season the team came out with a "take no prisoners" attitude in the CSU game and carried that through much of the season. This season they seem to have the attitude that they can saunter out onto the field and win with no mental effort. It's gonna cost them starting next Saturday night.

I am not even sure what your point is anymore.

If you are a backup RB and you make major mistakes in limited playing time, of course it is going to have an effect on your playing time going forward. Do you really think Lindsay would be benched if had fumbled today?
No. Obviously he wouldn't be benched.

But one fumble shouldn't effect anyones pt going forward. You just have to see what happens next time. If he ****s up again in his next sevral touches, sure, bench him, but we don't have other backs. He really needs to play.

Thus far, this season's Buffs don't have the heart or desire that last season's team played with. Last season the team came out with a "take no prisoners" attitude in the CSU game and carried that through much of the season. This season they seem to have the attitude that they can saunter out onto the field and win with no mental effort. It's gonna cost them starting next Saturday night.

Agreed, but this is the development of a new team. Last years team was technically developed over 4 years and they achieved many of the goals they set out to meet. This team has to create its own mojo. So far, immature and cocky. The schedule is perfectly setup to help them by letting them go 3-0, and then Washington is a measuring stick that will possibly help them win or lose. If they win, maybe they realize they are good and start something really special. If they lose, it will get their sh$t straight and get rid of the cocky and get some focus.

No. Obviously he wouldn't be benched.

But one fumble shouldn't effect anyones pt going forward. You just have to see what happens next time. If he ****s up again in his next sevral touches, sure, bench him, but we don't have other backs. He really needs to play.

Sounds like you agree "sliding scale" punishment is actually used.

With Evans back, Adkins does not necessarily have to play.

Sounds like you agree "sliding scale" punishment is actually used.

With Evans back, Adkins does not necessarily have to play.

On a team that looks like it is struggling to find the right effort and attitude I'd rather those snaps go to Evans.

He isn't as talented as Adkins but he gives you everything he has every play. Hopefully some of that will rub off .

Husker message boards calling for a house cleaning after loosing to Northern Illinois. Article on Cornnation says that all of Nebraska's woes can be traced back to November 2001! Downhill since then. You are welcome Huskers! Hate that we spent an entire decade as a tire fire, but oh well.

What a boring, uninspired, crappy, awful, poorly played, poorly coached, waste of time game that was today. Mac was dilusional after that game. "If not for the turnovers we'd have scored a couple more touchdowns and if not for penalties we would've scored a couple more and we gave 'em a couple of touchdowns because of penalties." So, according to Mac we should've won 69-7. Sheesh!

We left at least 18 points on the field. CU could have gotten 59 today.

Just from sitting in the stands 15 yards from inbounds today, the turning point of the game was the second bullsh*t targeting call. It took that much to get the team and the fans amped. If one just looks at the stats it seems like that was a good game, but in person that was sloppy as hell. I will say that Lindsay is a pure beast.

I'm starting to step off the ledge a little bit. Don't think I would bet on the Buffs to win next week, but I think it is more likely we win than lose by 2 plus touchdowns.

I have few thoughts on this game because I actually fell asleep at halftime and woke up as the game ended. Pretty sure that's not a good thing as a CU fan

I had a take on this team coming in-It was probably a bowl team unless something went drastically wrong-I didn't see a loss OOC, and I thought this team would beat Cal, the Arizona schools, and Oregon State. Did we have something more than 7 wins and a Vegas/Cactus bowl type of bid? Thats the question that this game with UW will answer.

Look at the stats. I though the OL took a step and that Montez got some chemistry going with his WRs. On defense, I think that some of the younger guys looked better. Far from a complete team, but I'm seeing more pieces.
Montez is still painfully slow through his progressions.

Alabama also played a team with less talent than them today, and ended with a similar point spread.

Buffs vs Northern CO
41 - 21
Alabama vs CSU
41 - 23

This isn't worth reading into too much for many reasons, but I appreciate that our defense only allowed 3 points against CSU. It's just a funny fact to me that CSU scored 20 more points on the number one ranked college football team than on us.

Going by this (flawed) logic, I think it's safe to say Buffs > Alabama > Northern CO > CSU. Buffs 15-0. Calling it

Alabama also played a team with less talent than them today, and ended with a similar point spread.

Buffs vs Northern CO
41 - 21
Alabama vs CSU
41 - 23

This isn't worth reading into too much for many reasons, but I appreciate that our defense only allowed 3 points against CSU. It's just a funny fact to me that CSU scored 20 more points on the number one ranked college football team than on us.

Going by this (flawed) logic, I think it's safe to say Buffs > Alabama > Northern CO > CSU. Buffs 15-0. Calling it
Wish I could buy into this logic, but unfortunately, until there are more data points I'm gonna have to go Buffs > Northern CO > Alabama > CSU

It was a win a few observations: JMac doesn't block he just gets in the defenders way..Bobo blocks. At times the O line held the pocket long enough for a positive play = positive. Obviously the punt returners were instructed to fair catch all punts, speaking of punt returns I say give KD Nixon a shot after all he was recruited for his play making ability. I didn't notice if Winfree or Nixon got any snaps, I saw Shenault got one. I bring this up because OOC games such as the last 2 should've/could've been great opportunities for all three to get some game reps, they got some last week against a better opponent and I expected the same against UNC. Oliver is human and entitled to a "not so great day". Gamboa has a nose for the football but he's a step slow which is a shame. Montez is showing the OCs the plays they should be calling to best use his skills, roll him out and force the D to play him, when they do TD to Fields (cracks me up seeing him wave the WR to go). Haigler = Uuuugh.

Does Montez ignore thrwoing towards the flat. I felt that was a successful play last year for Sefo. It's hard to think the playbook and play calling has changed too much.

Also, I think we need to incorporate the jet sweep into the rotation. This week and last week showed how the play is effective with speed. Or at the least get back to that outside toss.

Back