What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nuckols

We signed 22 in 2006 (9 either transferred or never made it in). We signed 28 in 2007 (10 in that class have either transferred or never made it in... ouch). 21 players in 2008. 19 players in 2009.

No wonder we have depth issues.:rolleyes: We have signed (or oversigned) for exactly one class in the last four years. In the other years, we have been at least three scholarships under that magic number 25. ****.

Forgot to add that three players in the 2008 class have already left. How the crap are we still only able to sign 17-18 players????

that "17 or 18" number was just Ringo's guess as to how many we'd sign, not a quote from the staff saying they'd only sign 17 or 18. If they have 19 scholarships available(I think Ringo is undercounting a little), I'm sure they'll sign at least 19 this year. It's clear in retrospect that they undersigned this years class to take the APR hit now instead of next year when they expect to sign a better class. If guys like Byron Moore and Diante had come here, that would have been a different decision to make, but if we had to take a hit I'd rather it be now than after this year, as I'mexpecting that with a winning season, say 8 wins, we will really do well. Heck we already are doing better star wise than we did last year. Bottom line, don't panic because Kyle Ringo pulls a number out of his a$$. when is Kyle Ringo ever right about anything?

that "17 or 18" number was just Ringo's guess as to how many we'd sign, not a quote from the staff saying they'd only sign 17 or 18. If they have 19 scholarships available(I think Ringo is undercounting a little), I'm sure they'll sign at least 19 this year. It's clear in retrospect that they undersigned this years class to take the APR hit now instead of next year when they expect to sign a better class. If guys like Byron Moore and Diante had come here, that would have been a different decision to make, but if we had to take a hit I'd rather it be now than after this year, as I'mexpecting that with a winning season, say 8 wins, we will really do well. Heck we already are doing better star wise than we did last year. Bottom line, don't panic because Kyle Ringo pulls a number out of his a$$. when is Kyle Ringo ever right about anything?

absolutely!!! we will go for closer to 25.

for those that want to know, he is registered at a d2 school in pennsylvania and wont be greyshirting. dont know what this exactly means.

for those that want to know, he is registered at a d2 school in pennsylvania and wont be greyshirting. dont know what this exactly means.

I would assume he won't be coming to CU..

Hope we are searching for DL in recruiting in this recruiting cycle..

Bizarre.

FWIW, Arizona was the main competition for Nuckols. Other offers were from ASU and Minnesota. So nothing that links in with Pennsylvania or the home states of the schools in that athletic conference.

We've probably lost him. Maybe he just didn't want to take a year away from football and plans on transferring after the season.

Greyshirting meant he would be here in January, if he met the requirements thru either extra HS or JC classes. If he had started at a JC, his eligibility clock would not start as long as he was a part-time student (less than 12 credits).

Since he's at a D2 school, this suggests he was a qualifier, because D2 is still NCAA.
So his eligibility has started.

Begs the question as to why? Why not go to KJuco State instead? He could transfer to CU pretty easily.

Last edited:
Bizarre.

FWIW, Arizona was the main competition for Nuckols. Other offers were from ASU and Minnesota. So nothing that links in with Pennsylvania or the home states of the schools in that athletic conference.

We've probably lost him. Maybe he just didn't want to take a year away from football and plans on transferring after the season.

Can he transfer after one year? I thought he would have to get an associates degree from a JC before he can now be admitted to a four year school.

edit: NEVER MIND. I see he is in a D2 school. strange.

Yeah, I'm not sure on this, but I think you can transfer from any 4-year school to another at any point along the way. If it's from D2 to D1, then there is no sitting out a year.

edit: Never mind, that is from a NAIA 4 year program only. D-2 still requires a sit-out year and loss of 1 year of eligibility which could be his red-shirt year.

Last edited:
NCAA Division II Academic Eligibility Requirements

The following information is posted by the NCAA on www.ncaastudent.org:

If you enroll in a Division II college and want to participate in athletics or receive an athletics scholarship during your first year, you must:

Graduate from high school;

Complete these 14 core courses:
- 3 years of English
- 2 years of math (algebra 1 or higher)
- 2 years of natural or physical science (including one year of lab science if offered by your high school)
- 2 extra years of English, math or natural or physical science
- 2 years of social science
- 3 years of extra core courses (from any category above, or foreign language, nondoctrinal religion or philosophy);

Earn a 2.000 grade-point average or better in your core courses; and

Earn a combined SAT score of 820 or an ACT sum score of 68.

Note: There is no sliding scale in Division II.

==============

If you enroll in a Division I college on or after August 1, 2008, and want to participate in athletics or receive an athletics scholarship during your first year, you must:

Graduate from high school;

Complete these 16 core courses:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of math (algebra 1 or higher)
- 2 years of natural or physical science (including one year of lab science if offered by your high school)
- 1 extra year of English, math or natural or physical science
- 2 years of social science
- 4 years of extra core courses (from any category above, or foreign language, nondoctrinal religion or philosophy);

Earn a minimum required grade-point average in your core courses; and

Earn a combined SAT or ACT sum score that matches your corecourse grade-point average and test score sliding scale on page 9 (for example, a 2.400 core-course grade-point average needs an 860 SAT).

==================

Since he qualified at a Division II program, it looks like he was incredibly close to being qualified for Division I but a course or 2 held him back (which is what CU reported).

I didn't post this back when Nuckols wrote the Tweet because it didn't make any sense. But with him going to a D2 school in Pennsylvania, I think we may know who's poaching him:

well well well Pittsburgh
6:14 PM Aug 16th from web

Also, this is his new Twitter pic (think it's a Seton Hill University uni he's wearing):

6294_513005836783_175201127_30489640_6535249_n.jpg

We signed 22 in 2006 (9 either transferred or never made it in). We signed 28 in 2007 (10 in that class have either transferred or never made it in... ouch). 21 players in 2008. 19 players in 2009.

No wonder we have depth issues.:rolleyes: We have signed (or oversigned) for exactly one class in the last four years. In the other years, we have been at least three scholarships under that magic number 25. ****.

Forgot to add that three players in the 2008 class have already left. How the crap are we still only able to sign 17-18 players????

There has to be a mistake. I see sec schools and okie state signing 28-30 recruits every year. Hawk must oversign and get us up to the magic number. We know we will lose some in the off-season for some reason. No need to save scholarships.

It is a bummer - but I don't think much of a surprise that Nuckols may not be donning the Black and Gold come next season.

But with him going to a D2 school in Pennsylvania, I think we may know who's poaching him:

well well well Pittsburgh
6:14 PM Aug 16th from web

I think he was referring to where he ended up, not where he's going. Seton Hill is just outside Pittsburgh....

I think he was referring to where he ended up, not where he's going. Seton Hill is just outside Pittsburgh....

I think you're right. Going DII instead of JUCO just wouldn't make any sense if he was thinking Pitt.

From comments I've read elsewhere, it's sounding like he just decided to join some friends at Seton Hill and that he may not want the attention/commitment that goes along with BCS football.

Don't mean this as a knock on him, but he was on campus this summer and many of his potential teammates stated he wasn't ready for D1 ball. Wasn't strong enough and wasn't quite up to it otherwise. This could be a good move for him.

seems like ole Eddie and Simon had something in common besides not making the final grades they needed. I had some concern with both regarding their commitment and discipline. Simon showed more his senior year, but he had to lose a ton of weight just to win the job in HS. I still hope they both make it, but there were more than a few concerns during their recruitment. The staff ended up taking some chances rather than take less talented players.

seems like ole Eddie and Simon had something in common besides not making the final grades they needed. I had some concern with both regarding their commitment and discipline. Simon showed more his senior year, but he had to lose a ton of weight just to win the job in HS. I still hope they both make it, but there were more than a few concerns during their recruitment. The staff ended up taking some chances rather than take less talented players.

Well, maybe it's time to quit taking so many chances. Maybe an emphasis on getting talented players earlier instead of scrambling for guys late.

Well, maybe it's time to quit taking so many chances. Maybe an emphasis on getting talented players earlier instead of scrambling for guys late.

If they could talented players early they would. This isn't by design. It's all due to circumstance.

I would love to have both of them, still.

Simon needs to be a Buff, and I really hope to see him in two years.

I can't knock Simon at all. Kid lost his mom during his junior year, and who knows how long she had health problems. There's a young man who had a lot of things on his mind - it's a wonder he made it out of high school with a diploma. I hope he makes it to Boulder.

I have no clue what's going on with Nuckols. Sure seems like a strange twist to the story. With the emergence of Nate Bonsu, I'm really not that concerned.

I can't knock Simon at all. Kid lost his mom during his junior year, and who knows how long she had health problems. There's a young man who had a lot of things on his mind - it's a wonder he made it out of high school with a diploma. I hope he makes it to Boulder.

I have no clue what's going on with Nuckols. Sure seems like a strange twist to the story. With the emergence of Nate Bonsu, I'm really not that concerned.

Bonsu looks great but we need as many good dt'd as we can get. Again, cu needs all hands on deck, we aren't good enough yet to lose players.

[Deleted for violation of the site terms]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back