What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oct 5th - Arizona @ Colorado

Arizona has played one road game (in which they lost to Hawaii and gave up 45 points). Tate is hurt and hasn't practiced much in weeks. They struggled to win at home against an absolute garbage UCLA team. This is a game we should win by double digits.

Our offense should be able to light that awful D up

Arizona has played one road game (in which they lost to Hawaii and gave up 45 points). Tate is hurt and hasn't practiced much in weeks. They struggled to win at home against an absolute garbage UCLA team. This is a game we should win by double digits.
Not to mention the staff has had 2 full weeks to prep. There shouldn't be any excuses for a slow start defensively

Two of the top ranked offenses and two of the worst ranked defenses so far this year. This is gonna be a high scoring game. It's a must win if we want to go bowling.

Two of the top ranked offenses and two of the worst ranked defenses so far this year. This is gonna be a high scoring game. It's a must win if we want to go bowling.
Their offense is only top ranked because Tate is a dude. If he is hobbled or doesn't play at all, this game shouldn't be all that close.

I'm expecting us to hit htem in hte mouth. I'm nervous, though. Tate came in a few years ago as a freshman and tore it up. We didn't prep for him.
who are we prepping for this week? That's what scares me.

I'm not sold on either Auburn or Florida - particularly Florida. I definitely won't feel like I am missing a thing to see our beloved Buffs in person over that SEC-biased match up.
Auburn vs. Florida = First NCAA game in history where BOTH teams lose??? Yeah, it's ugly and with my two favorite college coachs to boot!

He's been a good player this year, but not special. Not saying he can't hurt CU, but he's not Khalil Tate.

It does not take special players to have success against this defense.

Below average pass rush, below average on the edges, and really poor in coverage.

I think we win comfortably, but it would not shock me if the defense struggled regardless of who plays QB for Arizona.

It does not take special players to have success against this defense.

Below average pass rush, below average on the edges, and really poor in coverage.

I think we win comfortably, but it would not shock me if the defense struggled regardless of who plays QB for Arizona.
I agree, but CU already played arguably the best RB in the conference and held him to 83 yards on 20 carries, which is very average ypc for college. Point being, Tate is the game changer for Arizona and basically the sole reason they have the offensive numbers they do, not a RB who has rushed for 39 yards, 102 yards and 67 yards, and has 1 reception for 13 yards on the season.

I agree, but CU already played arguably the best RB in the conference and held him to 83 yards on 20 carries, which is very average ypc for college. Point being, Tate is the game changer for Arizona and basically the sole reason they have the offensive numbers they do, not a RB who has rushed for 39 yards, 102 yards and 67 yards, and has 1 reception for 13 yards on the season.
Ignoring the role of ASU's OL in that game (and this season) in limiting Benjamin's productivity destroys your argument here. He still had two TDs. on the other side, AFA ran at will. Also, UA's backup RBs had a great day against UCLA.

Ignoring the role of ASU's OL in that game (and this season) in limiting Benjamin's productivity destroys your argument here. He still had two TDs. on the other side, AFA ran at will. Also, UA's backup RBs had a great day against UCLA.
Benjamin ran for 100 yards an 3 TDs against a top 4 defense in the Pac 12 last weekend. I get that CU's defense is not good. I also didn't realize saying that Khalil Tate is the guy that makes that offense go was controversial.

Benjamin ran for 100 yards an 3 TDs against a top 4 defense in the Pac 12 last weekend. I get that CU's defense is not good. I also didn't realize saying that Khalil Tate is the guy that makes that offense go was controversial.

Your last statement is not controversial, but until the defense plays a somewhat complete game, not sure they get the benefit of the doubt. Add in the injuries to a couple key contributors and it may not take the dynamic Tate to have success.

I was pointing out that trying to imply CU's run D is good because of Benjamin's performance against us is a bad one.

As to whether Tate is the sole reason UA's offense works, he's definitely their best weapon. But their backup had over 350 yards passing last week.

Its wild that any of you have the confidence to pick CU to win "easy" against anyone not named CSU. You guys watched any Buffs football for the last decade?
This. Outside of maybe UCLA or Stanford, this is our least hard game going forward.

Arizona fans be like...
giphy.gif

I feel as if this team does better with their backs to the wall and that is what scares me mostly about this game. Tate is playing and that has to be your mindset going in as a team.

CU's defense hasn't stopped anyone this year so its mind boggling to think CU will control this from start to finish.

Its wild that any of you have the confidence to pick CU to win "easy" against anyone not named CSU. You guys watched any Buffs football for the last decade?
It's wild that you're conflating the last 10 years with how Mel Tucker teams will perform against anyone. Not saying this game should be an easy win, but it's pretty pointless to assume that CU teams that were coached by Jon Embree and Mike MacIntyre are indicators of how a team coached by Mel Tucker or anyone else for that matter will perform similarly.

Did Air Force not happen?

It's wild that you're conflating the last 10 years with how Mel Tucker teams will perform against anyone. Not saying this game should be an easy win, but it's pretty pointless to assume that CU teams that were coached by Jon Embree and Mike MacIntyre are indicators of how a team coached by Mel Tucker or anyone else for that matter will perform similarly.

Back