What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oddball Buff Facts

Was at that game-The one thing I'll never forget was this one WVU fan.....older lady, was probably 70s at that time. Loudly says to her group the following in the twang you hear in that state: "When was the last time Pat (McAfee) missed a field goal?"
Back it up and let the big dog eat! he said before the game...

No doubt man. I read a little bit after posting that about Klatt. Holy cow, that dude had a lot of concussions.

In the vein of oddball facts...

There were 0 sacks in that 2005 B12 championship game

The 4th Quarter was played with a running clock. (Yes, I know this is technically not true but they already had 70 in three quarters).

That's it, when do you want to meet at Casa Bonita?

j/k I like him because he was/is a Buff, was a standout defensively behind the plate (the real reason he was an AS) and the guy tackled a fan who got on the field during a game, coming from behind the plate to put the guy down. How can you say he was the worst AS with that on his resume?

Fair points, I was looking at his numbers.

In the vein of oddball facts...

There were 0 sacks in that 2005 B12 championship game

The 4th Quarter was played with a running clock. (Yes, I know this is technically not true but they already had 70 in three quarters).
Wait. Texas didn’t score in the 4th?

The 1956 Buffs are playing Missouri for the Big 7 Championship. On a game winning drive, CU is stopped on a 4th and one. In the ensuing pileup just short of the LOS, the Colorado FB bites a Mizzou defender in the calf.

The Tiger defender gets up throwing punches and earned himself an “Unsportsmanlike Conduct” penalty. 15 yard penalty and 1st down Colorado! The Buffaloes march down the field and score and go on to the Orange Bowl.

Told to me first hand from Gene Worden, CU HB, ‘55, ‘56, ‘57... #22 ....

....and my high school history teacher.

The 1956 Buffs are playing Missouri for the Big 7 Championship. On a game winning drive, CU is stopped on a 4th and one. In the ensuing pileup just short of the LOS, the Colorado FB bites a Mizzou defender in the calf.

The Tiger defender gets up throwing punches and earned himself an “Unsportsmanlike Conduct” penalty. 15 yard penalty and 1st down Colorado! The Buffaloes march down the field and score and go on to the Orange Bowl.

Told to me first hand from Gene Worden, CU HB, ‘55, ‘56, ‘57... #22 ....

....and my high school history teacher.
The fullback was John "The Beast" Bayuk
John was from Salida and passed away in 2016.

Attachments

• John The Beast Bayuk 57cd6aaa1e9a7.image.jpg
    John The Beast Bayuk 57cd6aaa1e9a7.image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
Ha! Good stuff FlaBuff! We only got one Bluebonnet Bowl jock in 1971 on game day. It was in a roll with a half Colorado Football t-shirt and socks. It might be in my bottom drawer with a couple of old jerseys. I'll have to see if it still fits if its in there. :-D

That 71 team had wins at Ohio state and at LSU.

I'd love to see our Buffs do something like that again.

Back