What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2012 University of Colorado vs. Washington State game thread

Did you notice that Webb almost fumbled on that TD run? He may have already been over the goal line but it was close.

Passed out from all the blood going to my boner after that TD by Webb. I could get used to this winning thing again

Got the win that was the biggest thing right now. This team needed any kind of win.

Adding to it.

It was a comeback win from 14 points down fairly early
It was a road win
It was a PAC win
Most importantly
It was an earned win. It didn't come on some lucky fluke play, our young men earned it.

I thought we would figure out a way to win one this year but after last week sure didn't think it would be this one.

I am thoroughly impressed that the players came out to win today, even moreso that they held it together and didn't fold being down most of the game.

A huge thank you and ton of respect for every kid in that locker room today. They earned a happy flight back to Boulder.

Want some fun. Go to sheepnation. They are in full meltdown mode, worse than we were last week.

Lots of complaining about lousy coaching. It appears that the love affair with their national championship coach is about over. Now they get to complain about him for the next few years because they can't afford to buy him out.

No attendance figure given but certainly not enough to fill much of their new 42,000 seat stadium likely.

Want some fun. Go to sheepnation. They are in full meltdown mode, worse than we were last week.

Lots of complaining about lousy coaching. It appears that the love affair with their national championship coach is about over. Now they get to complain about him for the next few years because they can't afford to buy him out.

No attendance figure given but certainly not enough to fill much of their new 42,000 seat stadium likely.

Attendance on the box score says "NA" :lol:

Gaw! So frustrated that this team should be 3-1 right now. No way CSU or Sac State beat these guys they way they played today. Still very proud of coaches and players.

We're on a 2 game conference winning streak. Make that a 2 game conference road winning streak.

Gaw! So frustrated that this team should be 3-1 right now. No way CSU or Sac State beat these guys they way they played today. Still very proud of coaches and players.

That's what I was thinking. Not only are we 3-1, but last week wouldn't have been one of the embarrassing losses in program history.

Stayed out of touch on purpose because I didn't expect much.

Did yard work. Went to my daughter's gymnastics qualifier. Spent some time with the in-laws.

I was watching a game and the score-tracker showed the 35-34 Buffs win. Good thing I had taken a big dump about 15 minutes earlier.

Amazingly we are in sole possession of 1st place in the Pac 12 South until ASU finishes tonight.

A few random notes:

-CU now leads the series 5-3, strangely all 3 losses have been in Boulder.

-Attendance: 31,668

-CU's first win outside of the Mountain Time Zone since Oct. 27, 2007 (31-26 at Texas Tech)

-First win in the Pacific Time Zone since beating Wazzu 20-12 in Seattle on Sept. 11, 2004 (Had lost 5 straight, all by 4TDs +)

-Last time the Buffs were down 17 and came back to win was Oklahoma in 2007. Buffs trailed 24-7 until an Eberhart FG cut it to 24-10 with 4:10 in the 3rd Quarter.

-Before this win at Wazzu, the last 35-34 Buffs win was over Texas A&M on Nov. 7, 2009. In that one, the Buffs trailed by 10, 31-21, until Sumler scored a TD with 7:14 remaining. A Devenny TD catch with 2:04 remaining gave the Buffs the 35-34 win.

Im not impressed with Leach postgame. That just was throwing the players under the bus. Maybe they needed it. Idk, but seemed pretty awful.

Im not impressed with Leach postgame. That just was throwing the players under the bus. Maybe they needed it. Idk, but seemed pretty awful.

Talked about changing the mentality of a team that is soft and doesn't know how to win. Don't see anything wrong with it considering they blew a 17 point lead in 7 minutes to lose to an 0-3 team that many were calling the worst in "human memory"

Talked about changing the mentality of a team that is soft and doesn't know how to win. Don't see anything wrong with it considering they blew a 17 point lead in 7 minutes to lose to an 0-3 team that many were calling the worst in "human memory"
Sounds pretty similar to Embree's comments last year.

I just felt that Leach and his coordinators shared a particularly large chunk of responsibility for their play calling.

Back