What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014 Bubble Watch Thread

only a few more days to rep cville for all the awesome work he has done this season.

We are a lock on espn's bubble watch. Whew, bubble life is stressful.

Did anyone else read ESPNs recap (Sport Center App on my phone) of the USC game. It made it seem like CU is on life support for getting into the tournament. I guess whoever wrote it didn't get in sync with whoever does the watch.

Did anyone else read ESPNs recap (Sport Center App on my phone) of the USC game. It made it seem like CU is on life support for getting into the tournament. I guess whoever wrote it didn't get in sync with whoever does the watch.

Obviously didn't get the memo that CU has climbed into the Top 50 of BPI now so there's no reason for ESPN to make a case study example out of the Buffs.

Florida State keeps their hopes alive with a 67-65 win over Maryland. Noles probably have to beat Virginia tomorrow to have a real shot.

Looks like Missouri is going to survive to pretend another day.

Florida is next. And they have to win that to get in. Should finally put an end to them unless the Gators fail big time. Missouri's staff is so bad. Haith, Dave Leitao...just bad.

Providence up by 15 on St. John's with 6 minutes left.

But with that Seton Hall upset of Nova, there's still work to do. Now there's the potential for a bad loss in front of them.

Providence up by 15 on St. John's with 6 minutes left.

But with that Seton Hall upset of Nova, there's still work to do. Now there's the potential for a bad loss in front of them.

Yep, if this score holds it pops St. John's bubble, but it doesn't lock anything up for Providence.

Dayton beats Fordham, their last chance for a catastrophic loss that could knock them out. Flyers are in the clear.

Yep, if this score holds it pops St. John's bubble, but it doesn't lock anything up for Providence.

Dayton beats Fordham, their last chance for a catastrophic loss that could knock them out. Flyers are in the clear.

Is Dayton allowed to play in the play-in game?

Florida is next. And they have to win that to get in. Should finally put an end to them unless the Gators fail big time. Missouri's staff is so bad. Haith, Dave Leitao...just bad.

There was a time when Patton announced it was his last year that I wanted CU to make a run at Haith. Good thing it didn't happen, but he can recruit.

Yes they are, but it's my hunch the committee might go out of their way to avoid that. Dayton should be clear of that round, but not by much.
Yeah it's a bad situation either way IMO, if they make it, it gives them a real unfair home advantage, but if they are purposely placed out of it, it helps them as well. When you have to play an extra game -- you get more tired, more chances for an injury, gives your opponents more time to scout you, etc.

Arkansas just lost to South Carolina. This comes on the heels of getting blown out by Alabama.

They've got to be done, right?

Arkansas just lost to South Carolina. This comes on the heels of getting blown out by Alabama.

They've got to be done, right?

Yep. Can't take 2 sub 100 losses like that. Some still had Arkansas as the final team in before this loss, but their RPI just fell 13 spots to 72. Not getting in. Pop.

Minnesota beats sub-100 Penn State. Gophers now 20-12. Really don't see how beating a bottom feeder somehow vaults Minnesota forward like some media are saying (Minnesota was on the outside looking in heading into today) Gophers could really use a quality win tomorrow.

NC State neck-and-neck with Miami with 3 minutes left.

Some folks still have the Pack as a bubble team.

So it seems I can watch every major conference play basketball except the pac12. I have crappy SEC games, MWC, A10, B12, B10 and ACC on a direct TV channel right now but can't see the #3 RPI conference?

So it seems I can watch every major conference play basketball except the pac12. I have crappy SEC games, MWC, A10, B12, B10 and ACC on a direct TV channel right now but can't see the #3 RPI conference?

You live in Colorado. DISH is a Colorado company. DISH has PACN. Why are you supporting DirecTV in this?

You live in Colorado. DISH is a Colorado company. DISH has PACN. Why are you supporting DirecTV in this?

It is bigger than just the PACN. Why is altitude broadcast Mississippi basketball? Why is CBS sports showing a MWC game? The PACN either needs to go national or the broadcast rights need to change.

On a side note, switching to dish after my contract is up.

Iowa just lost to Northwestern.

Clearly the Hawkeyes are still a Dance team and should get a better seed than CU. Because, well, not only did they play in the B1G and lose a lot of close game but people don't realize that Northwestern is a lot better than anyone thinks since they play in the B1G and won a few conference games this season.

Iowa just lost to Northwestern.

Clearly the Hawkeyes are still a Dance team and should get a better seed than CU. Because, well, not only did they play in the B1G and lose a lot of close game but people don't realize that Northwestern is a lot better than anyone thinks since they play in the B1G and won a few conference games this season.

Iowa should be in this thread. However, if we're lucky we'll see Iowa now talked about as an 8 seed. Going 1-6 in your final 7 is fine as long as you're a B1G squad. Never mind they just lost to a Northwestern team that was previously seen scoring 32 at home against Penn State...they'll somehow warp this into evidence of how strong the B1G is.

Back