What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014 Buffs Prediction Thread (this thread will be bumped)

Quit poking the new guy.

Quoted in case tini missed this post.

The "In yo face! In yo face!" routine gets tiresome. I'm singling you out, but there's a lot of that from others. I come on too strong sometimes, myself. We're all Buffs fans here, right? We want opinions and discussion instead of groupthink, right?

Quoted in case tini missed this post.

The "In yo face! In yo face!" routine gets tiresome. I'm singling you out, but there's a lot of that from others. I come on too strong sometimes, myself. We're all Buffs fans here, right? We want opinions and discussion instead of groupthink, right?
I'm just having a discussion about why I don't think we're going winless in conference play, and I'm clearly not alone here

Let me rephrase, I realize they were bad last year, but I'm talking about the state of their program versus where we were after the 2012 season (not just comparing the individual seasons). We fired our coach after that season (an alum no less), why didn't they fire theirs? Because their situation isn't seen as a lost cause like ours was. They have some talent over there, so if Dykes is any kind of coach (jury still out) I don't see it as quite the dumpster fire you do.

If I recall they lost to NW after a turnover and then a turnover on downs due to desperation aggressiveness. The OSU game was also closer than the score.

I'll note that on the SB Nation prediction page for CAL they have the bears beating SAC state and us for two victories in 2014. They also feel that Cals problems last year, though severe, have simpler solutions than ours:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...tball-2014-preview-schedule-roster/in/5665288

Funny, here's what SBNation said in its bold predictions for every Pac 12 team, and with the article you quoted saying "probably" for beating us, you know they were just throwing the Bears a bone.

"Although Colorado may be the better team, let's say for the sake of the slide that the Bears nip the Buffaloes at home. "

Let me rephrase, I realize they were bad last year, but I'm talking about the state of their program versus where we were after the 2012 season (not just comparing the individual seasons). We fired our coach after that season (an alum no less), why didn't they fire theirs? Because their situation isn't seen as a lost cause like ours was. They have some talent over there, so if Dykes is any kind of coach (jury still out) I don't see it as quite the dumpster fire you do.
Cal can't fire Dykes because they have no money to do so. A lot of the talent has left as well, they have what you would call Rivals talent. There are not many, if any positives coming from Cal's camp right now, and injuries are already happening.

I'm just having a discussion about why I don't think we're going winless in conference play, and I'm clearly not alone here

It's hard to read tone in a post. Maybe you're just discussing. Maybe you're lighthearted about it. But I read a lot of your posts as aggressive toward others (the ESPN comments style) and I think others are also getting that from your posts. If that's not the case and not your intent, then I apologize. But also think about what you might could change if you're being misunderstood by folks.

(No need to reply. I said my piece and feel like I'm in a ****ing "Father Knows Best" episode. Hope it wasn't patronizing. Anyway, I'd rather have fun on the board today than continue this. :smile2:)

Cal can't fire Dykes because they have no money to do so. A lot of the talent has left as well, they have what you would call Rivals talent. There are not many, if any positives coming from Cal's camp right now, and injuries are already happening.

Signs are not good. I feel bad for flukes and some of the other Cal fans that visit us. Well, "bad" only applies to 11 weeks of their schedule. But you know what I mean. Too early to tell and Dykes may turn it around with 2013 going down as a transition year. It sure seems like the undercurrent in Cal's football program is negative, though.

It's hard to read tone in a post. Maybe you're just discussing. Maybe you're lighthearted about it. But I read a lot of your posts as aggressive toward others (the ESPN comments style) and I think others are also getting that from your posts. If that's not the case and not your intent, then I apologize. But also think about what you might could change if you're being misunderstood by folks.

(No need to reply. I said my piece and feel like I'm in a ****ing "Father Knows Best" episode. Hope it wasn't patronizing. Anyway, I'd rather have fun on the board today than continue this. :smile2:)
Yeah, the aggressive tone isn't my intent here. I apologize if that's how it's coming off. I wish I could just pass out till next Friday, maybe I should hit up AZ

1st bold: You honestly believe the only reason they didn't fire Dykes is because they can't afford it?!?! They managed to dump their AD two months ago, so they must have taken up a collection.

2nd bold: I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Alabama has "rivals talent" too. I'll take your comment as some suggestion that rivals is off base when it comes to Cal's recruits (or whenever it suits your argument).

Funny, here's what SBNation said in its bold predictions for every Pac 12 team, and with the article you quoted saying "probably" for beating us, you know they were just throwing the Bears a bone.

Combine what you said with home field advantage and I can kind off agree with that. SB nation did have Colorado as the only Pac Tier 3 team and Cal as the only Pac Tier 4 team. The Pac had the most Tier 1 (national title contenders) and 2 (potentially nationally ranked) teams of any conference!

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/8/20/5945395/college-football-preview-guide-2014

note that the ACC had one tier 1 team (FState), one tier 2(clemson) and Miami, NC, V-tech, Duke,... are all on Tier 3 with CU.

2014 Season Record: 9-5 (bowl win)
Most Surprising Player: Michael Mathewes
Most Disappointing Player: Tony Jones (not a bad thing... he's passed up by Adkins, Powell, Lindsay)
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Greg Henderson
Bold prediction: Buffs beat UW, UU, UA, Cal, and OSU in conference. MM wins coach of the year. Buffs rake in top 25 recruiting class. Hookers and blow return to Folsom.

2014 Season Record: 9-5 (bowl win)
Most Surprising Player: Michael Mathewes
Most Disappointing Player: Tony Jones (not a bad thing... he's passed up by Adkins, Powell, Lindsay)
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Greg Henderson
Bold prediction: Buffs beat UW, UU, UA, Cal, and OSU in conference. MM wins coach of the year. Buffs rake in top 25 recruiting class. Hookers and blow return to Folsom.

Dammit, skier!

I was hoping to stand alone with a "blue sky" prediction so that all glory would be upon me if the Buffs had a crazy good year above expectations.

:lol:

I don't think the solution is simple when you have a coaching issue. Anyway, I just took exception to saying there are no weaknesses in the PAC

I really think Dykes was a bad call and that the air raid is a gimmick offense that worked in the mid majors. The personnel he had in 13 weren't suited for this style of play (they will be more suited this year). He also had an uncommon string of injuries on defense last year.

1st bold: You honestly believe the only reason they didn't fire Dykes is because they can't afford it?!?! They managed to dump their AD two months ago, so they must have taken up a collection.

2nd bold: I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Alabama has "rivals talent" too. I'll take your comment as some suggestion that rivals is off base when it comes to Cal's recruits (or whenever it suits your argument).

1. No I don't think the lack of money is the only reason , but I think it was a large reason. Cal's AD is in bad financial shape after their facilities.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3492094

1. Means they had talent on paper but it hasn't worked out , like our 2008 class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for the bear to weigh in.

Likewise.

duffy_on_scale.jpg

Dammit, skier!

I was hoping to stand alone with a "blue sky" prediction so that all glory would be upon me if the Buffs had a crazy good year above expectations.

:lol:

I'm sorry nik! The kool aid tastes so delicious right now! I'll "likely" come down to earth during the season, but this is exactly what the f*** preseason prediction threads are for. I'll save that depressing/"realistic" crap for Sunday's

Season Record: 4-8
Most Surprising Player: Sefo (starts hitting on the deep ball)
Most Disappointing Player: whoever replaces Bell
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Josh Tupou
Bold prediction: We lose 3 PAC games in heart wrenching fashion.

Season Record: 4-8
Most Surprising Player: Sefo (starts hitting on the deep ball)
Most Disappointing Player: whoever replaces Bell
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Josh Tupou
Bold prediction: We lose 3 PAC games in heart wrenching fashion.

Wouldn't exactly call that bold.

I watched cal vs Portland st last year (seriously). They should have lost that game. Portland st. was the better team on the day and ****ed up at the end. Dykes is not the answer there. He might be gone after this season.

5-7
Juda as most surprising (tupou gets doubled teamed all year)
Kelly as most disappointing (still better then center last year)
Nembot as all Pac ( also my bold prediction)

6-6
Suprise-Sefo-I think he improves by leaps and bounds
Disappointment-Kafovalu--Can he do enough in the classroom to stay eligible?
All Pac-Spruce
Bold Prediction-Does a win over Oregon State count here?

Back