What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014 Colorado v Arizona Pac12 Tournament Game Thread (Round 3)

What exactly were some of you expecting tonight? Our 3rd game in 3 days facing the best team in the nation. We improved our stock this tournament and we've got a solid chance of advancing next week in the Dance. Plenty to be excited about, tonight obviously was not going to happen.

Football fan mentality watching basketball.

This was a steamroller coming at the Buffs tonight. Best team in the country, completely rested, and hungry to make a statement ahead of the Dance. Buffs are coming off 2 straight days of tight games and were on the road for 2 weeks before that.

Buffs did a good job for a good while tonight. I like where the defense is. You can't tell a thing about the offense from playing Arizona.

Arizona is going to straight **** on everyone they run into until the Final Four, and it may very well continue there.

Football fan mentality watching basketball.

This was a steamroller coming at the Buffs tonight. Best team in the country, completely rested, and hungry to make a statement ahead of the Dance. Buffs are coming off 2 straight days of tight games and were on the road for 2 weeks before that.

Buffs did a good job for a good while tonight. I like where the defense is. You can't tell a thing about the offense from playing Arizona.

Yep, let's get home and rest up and get ready for this upcoming week. We need this rest badly. We improved our seeding this week and the Cal win showed me this team is ready to advance in the Big Dance. It was the best we could have hoped for. So pumped.

Yes he is. He is 100% wrong. A soft team wouldn't have rebounded as well as they did after Spencer's injury. Why weren't you here saying that **** before this game? Oh you mean it only comes out when we're playing a dominant defensive team who is also top 5 team in the nation? I'm shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quoting to make fun of this in the future. Apparently beating USC at home without Dinwiddie makes it okay to give up a dozen dunks and get killed on the boards tonight.

Arizona has no issues with putting a foot on an opponents throat and keeping it there until there are no twitches left.

Yep

I guess I won't get my hopes up in the future then. Does Arizona have an epic team this one time or are they perpetually 20 points better than CU and we should just accept it?

Quoting to make fun of this in the future. Apparently beating USC at home without Dinwiddie makes it okay to give up a dozen dunks and get killed on the boards tonight.

I said it was ok? Since you like quoting so much maybe you can quote the post where I said that. There's a difference between being ok with it and calling the team soft and being serious about it. A soft team would have crumbled long ago like Oklahoma State did.

Arizona fans have turned the Pac-12 Tourney into home games for the Cats.

Kudos to them. As if UofA needed extra advantages.

I guess I won't get my hopes up in the future then. Does Arizona have an epic team this one time or are they perpetually 20 points better than CU and we should just accept it?

Arizona may be 20 points better than 95% of the teams in D1 right now. I'm not ok with the results, but it's not because this team is soft.

Yay Dustin Thomas got his first charge!!!!!

Dustin looked good to me tonight. He played good defense and I think he's finding his offensive game in the low, mid and high post areas instead of trying to be a wing.

Arizona may be 20 points better than 95% of the teams in D1 right now. I'm not ok with the results, but it's not because this team is soft.

Right it is because we scrapped for all the boards and protected the rim.

By all means keep on posting this ****. All you're doing is showing how utterly stupid you are. Do you SERIOUSLY believe that Tini was referring to one game after Spence went down? How about a .500 record in the 3rd toughest conference in the nation without your best player?

Seriously ... how do you even manage to feed yourself? :rolling_eyes:

I just don't see CU closing the talent gap anytime soon, so if they can't challenge these guys with attitude and effort, then CU's not going to really challenge them at all any time soon.

I'd say it's somewhere in between those. With Sean Miller Arizona is here to stay, but they're not going to always be 20 points better than Colorado. This is an exceptional team and I think most Cats fans expect them to at least take a small step back next year. Colorado is also playing without its best player. And as many others have said here, they're on a real mission this year to win this tournament after the officiating thing that happened with UCLA last year.

Looking forward to better games with the Buffs in the future. Good luck in the tournament.

Yes he is. He is 100% wrong. A soft team wouldn't have rebounded as well as they did after Spencer's injury. Why weren't you here saying that **** before this game? Oh you mean it only comes out when we're playing a dominant defensive team who is also top 5 team in the nation? I'm shocked.

just because i havent posted it here doesn't mean i havent been saying it all year long...

Right it is because we scrapped for all the boards and protected the rim.

A team with few scoring options (as well as being one of the youngest teams in the nation) vs. a team that is #1 in fewest points per 100 possessions. Sounds like a great matchup to me.

Back