What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2015 Air Force @ Colorado basketball Game thread

Some really good things tonight. Team is improving.

How efficient is Josh Scott? 21 points on 6/7 shooting (9/11 from the line) along with 7 boards and 2 blocked shots. Stud.

I liked King tonight, too. 16 points on only 11 shots and added 3 assists.

Fortune showed what he can do and why he makes this team very dangerous. 18 points on 9 shots with 6 rebounds.

And we found our PG2 tonight. Yaz with 8 points on 3/3 shooting to go with 4 assists and 0 turnovers.

Not a perfect game by any stretch, but we're starting to see the pieces fit together.

Oh, hell. CU was the lead on Sportscenter for Miller biting that dude.

So Wes didn't start because he was late and then he looked totally out of it. Shades of last year. I hope Tad kicks some arse.

Akyazaili was a great sign, but Dom has got to get this foul **** under control.

Fortune is a guy who can swing rapidly. Hope we get this version more and more

15 asts 17 tos. Need better if we are to reach ambitions.

Also, I'm greedy, but letting 26 point second half leads get whittled to 11 leaves me a bit pissed. If AFA hits a normal clip of ft's we're in a very close game.

Fortune and Lyons are from the exact same area (Hampton/Newport News). May very well have been some familiarity. Certainly an area where people know each other and an area that produces college stars with regularity.

Akyazaili was a great sign, but Dom has got to get this foul **** under control.

Fortune is a guy who can swing rapidly. Hope we get this version more and more

15 asts 17 tos. Need better if we are to reach ambitions.

Also, I'm greedy, but letting 26 point second half leads get whittled to 11 leaves me a bit pissed. If AFA hits a normal clip of ft's we're in a very close game.

The thing that bothers me the most about the turnovers is that AFA plays a low-pressure zone. There is no excuse to turn the ball over 17 times against that style of play. Really bad job of valuing the ball tonight.

I like Ayk.
He's played better than Dom so far.

He's the biggest surprise to me this year. As hard of a time as I've given you about King, we've heard that he's lit up in practice. It hadn't translated to the court before but even I could imagine it happening. I really had zero expectations for Yaz, he's been phenomenal, not sure if I think he's been better than Dom, but he's been solid. Great to see this combo in the program for the foreseeable future.

Some really good things tonight. Team is improving.

How efficient is Josh Scott? 21 points on 6/7 shooting (9/11 from the line) along with 7 boards and 2 blocked shots. Stud.

I liked King tonight, too. 16 points on only 11 shots and added 3 assists.

Fortune showed what he can do and why he makes this team very dangerous. 18 points on 9 shots with 6 rebounds.

And we found our PG2 tonight. Yaz with 8 points on 3/3 shooting to go with 4 assists and 0 turnovers.

Not a perfect game by any stretch, but we're starting to see the pieces fit together.

PG2??? Not quite. I say "found PG1". This is beginning to look more like Yaz's team than Dom's.

Collier can't stay out of foul trouble and Yaz appears to be running the "O" much more smoothly. Tonight, he showed he can take it to the hoop and he appears to play with a higher BB IQ than Dom is.

Tad needs a 4* + Big ASAP. Obviously Gordon and Miller are not going to get it done. If XJ does not return next season, anyone over 6' 5" is unable play at the PAC-12 level. Even against Air Force level opponents apparently!

Tad needs a 4* + Big ASAP. Obviously Gordon and Miller are not going to get it done. If XJ does not return next season, anyone over 6' 5" is unable play at the PAC-12 level. Even against Air Force level opponents apparently!
Where in this game did you see our post being an issue?

PG2??? Not quite. I say "found PG1". This is beginning to look more like Yaz's team than Dom's.

Collier can't stay out of foul trouble and Yaz appears to be running the "O" much more smoothly. Tonight, he showed he can take it to the hoop and he appears to play with a higher BB IQ than Dom is.
Lol no

Where in this game did you see our post being an issue?

I am unsure of your basketball IQ, so I will break it down for you via game statistics and why the performance in not only this game, but every game, shows a tremendous concern about Gordon and Miller moving forward:

Gordon: 22 minutes, 1 point, 1 turnover, 0 blocks! (also late for team meeting)
Miller: 13 minutes, 2 points, 3 rebounds, 3 turnovers, 2 fouls, an ejection for BITING and perhaps even more worrisome, his playing to the crowd and raising his hands up on the way to the locker room (as if he didn't just disgrace himself and the Buffs)!
Scott: Had to play 33 minutes against Air Force, in a game that was a blow out most of the way (because there is nobody else down low on the Buffs roster that can rebound, block, D or score)!

If the future of the Buffs interior is only Gordon and Miller, well, you can do the math! Hence, why Tad needs a BIG ASAP...

Back