What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2015 Air Force @ Colorado basketball Game thread

You never answered my question: Were you there?

My opinion is not based on this game alone. Yaz's grown with each game he's played. Dom seems static and cannot shake that two early foul jinx. And I've watched the dynamic Yaz brings to timeouts, that doesn't show up on TV: he talks with the players and gives and gets information. Dom stands there and doesn't interact with his teammates nearly as much, if at all. Tad alluded to this saying Dom needs to be more vocal.

Dom's not changing his in-game pattern. Yaz is. You saw Yaz bring a new aspect to his game into play last night when he began attacking and slashing toward the hoop. Meanwhile Dom picks up his first foul 15 seconds into the game! Who's learning and growing and who's not? Who's responding to coaching and who's not?

AFA attacked Dom off the jump and drew a foul on the 1st possession. He then played a long time without drawing another one. And in the 2nd half, I was very impressed with how Dom moved his feet, didn't leave them, and forced dribblers to his help. Also drew a beautiful charge. He is figuring it out. Still picks up a couple silly/stupid fouls a game on reach-ins or frustration bumps/swats which he will correct. But a big thing is that a lot of guards are struggling with how they're calling the hand checks so tight this year.

He's figuring it out and he will figure it out as the season progresses. Frankly, he has to, because he's the only guard on the roster who has the feet to stay in front of Pac-12 point guards.

We could use some help up front but five games into the season I'm not freaking out about our front court.

My point about the lack of production from Gordon and Miller is based primarily on next season and the need for Tad to add a Quality big this offseason. However, the need is visible this season, Scott is playing more minutes than needed due to the lack of assistance from Gordon and Miller.

Just tossing this out there... Indiana has not looked good and Tom Crean is catching heat. It would be perfect timing if De'Ron Davis pivots and sign with the Buffs. A top 50 big man, with the current wings/guards, should keep the Buffs near the top of the Pac 12.

Tad alluded to this saying Dom needs to be more vocal. Dom's not changing his in-game pattern. Meanwhile Dom picks up his first foul 15 seconds into the game! Who's learning and growing and who's not? Who's responding to coaching and who's not?

Dom is not performing up to his HS ranking and College projections. I believe the skill set is there, he hasn't turned on the lights yet - he has not gotten used to the speed of the game, it should have slowed down for him. That being said, he does have the talent to grow, I don't see him taking a step back like XT has, Dom will lead this team. Hopefully as this season progresses. I think he will be special next year.

My point about the lack of production from Gordon and Miller is based primarily on next season and the need for Tad to add a Quality big this offseason. However, the need is visible this season, Scott is playing more minutes than needed due to the lack of assistance from Gordon and Miller.

Just tossing this out there... Indiana has not looked good and Tom Crean is catching heat. It would be perfect timing if De'Ron Davis pivots and sign with the Buffs. A top 50 big man, with the current wings/guards, should keep the Buffs near the top of the Pac 12.

I agree that CU needs a young big next year. I posted this in the hoops recruiting forum with the known targets still available. Wes is a senior next year along with XJ while Tory and Guz will be juniors. We need a freshman big in that mix.

Welcome to JRourk posting

Look, you have an axe to grind, no problem. The guy made a comment about bigs and clearly didn't read my entire post. If you don't like a comment, it's fair game, this is a forum, but at least comment about actual content I wrote - not twisting it. Why is it acceptable for someone to post an idiotic post but not acceptable for me to point it out? You do (see your comment above).
And no, I have not had a player rejected by the Buffs. My comments on Tad can be summed up to his lack of quality recruiting. That's it. I am a Buffs fan, just like you and want the team to win consistently. However, Tad has struggled to get quality players to Boulder in the past 3 years (Dom being the exception). King has exceeded everyone's projections this season, so kudos to Tad on King. I believe next season is pivotal, Tad needs to get a big man in asap. If he does not, the team will not be able to compete at the PAC 12 level. If Tad is able to bring is a solid Big, then the outlook is fine. It is a matter of expectations, I would like to see CU at the top of the PAC 12 and in order for that to happen, Tad needs to step up his recruiting. Do you think the team can be atop the PAC 12 without improved recruiting from Tad?

First: Wes being late is dumb and not acceptable.
Now that is established: why does he draw so much scorn from so many idiots? He is an elite defender. Apparently if you don't put up Josh Scott numbers, you're a scrub who should be cast aside. I really can't wrap my head around this. This team has no chance at being a Pac contender without Wes. Period.

It seems like the fact he's goofy drives people insane, same **** with people always attacking XJ, they handle pressure and stress by making light of it, they laugh it off and go back at it.

For what ever reason that bugs the **** out of people.

I think with Wes, it's just that he's really, really talented and you don't see the consistency from him on the offensive end that he's capable of.

Tory's dental antics made the front page of CNN too...
Yeah, he's going to be cannon fodder on the road after this. I hope he can handle it. I can just imagine the chants and signs he's going to have to deal with.

Yaz has shown that we have a solid option for those minutes until Dom develops the maturity to not pick up the silly fouls that take him out of the game. I think there still is a role for XT but he isn't a guy you want playing major minutes, Yaz makes it possible for Tad to not have to do that.

Dom doing what he does best has a very high ceiling, he has some physical skills that most college PGs don't and true PG mentality to go with it.

As Dom and Yaz continue to develop and improve they can make the rest of their teammates better. As an added bonus I can see certain situations where Tad may want to play them together, especially when opponents go with a line-up playing two smaller guards.

I can't find the thread on where CU fans are going to be sitting for the CU CSU basketball game? Was it C and D?

Back