What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2015 Colorado @ Oregon Basketball Game Thread ***

yep - it was very predictable before the season due to pathetic recruiting at guard. Neither Talton nor Stalzer is PAC 12 player. Hopkins's offensive skills are laughable. Without much more successful recruiting at guard, IMO, CU will be looking for a new basketball coaches in a couple of years. With no Booker, Scott and XJ, I think Boyle's last year at CU may be 2016.

Overreaction of the night!!!

No doubt, I think everyone is overacting. Boyle's last year 2016??? No freaking way. Who's going to coach CU after? No one any better than Boyle is going to come here.

Take Note: CU has lost 3 early entrant players to the NBA in 3 years, so I figured that would catch up to us eventually.

The Booker, Scott and XJ experiment has yet to pay real dividends so I'm ready for a change. I love these guys and want them to be successful and to their credit, they all are probably playing hurt. But this team just doesn't mesh well together.

A couple things came to mind while watching the game:

- Why the hell are our "Shooters" passing up open shots? So frustrating to watch.
- Chemistry. I think we have too many players playing at different speeds. Booker, XJ, Hopkins, and Fletcher are great athletes made for running. Playing in a stagnant half court offense does not suit to their strengths. Scott, Gordon and Thomas are made for half court ball, with Scott really the only consistent scoring threat (and he's not been scoring well of late).
- Jaron is so gifted, and I wish they would've changed his shooting mechanics as a freshman.
- I watched the game with a buddy visiting from GA, who played ball in college and oversees and doesn't know much about CU. He asked who #15 was, guess it was the first player that caught his basketball eye. I told him it was our freshman PG. He said, I wouldn't take him out of the game if I we're the coach. He is a pure PG who's just going to get better and better.

In 2015, its going to be interesting to see how the team runs without Booker. However I have a hunch our offense is going to look a lot better with Dom running the team and with Fortune on the court.

Looking into 2016 we'll have an experienced and bigger Dom at PG, a senior SG with Fortune, two tanks down low with Miller and Gordon. Then IMO the most improving player on the team Dustin Thomas will be a Senior, and then Satterwhite who could be a steal.

The team hasn't met expectations this year, but the sky is not falling and cupboard is not dry!!! Need to get some shooters and shot blockers in here!!! In Tad We Trust.

Last edited:
Still not sure why everyone is so totally down on dom. He's a freshmen, probably not in as good of shape as he should be because of early season injuries, and still is probably a just as good if not better option than XT, with greater upside potential once more experience is gained. XT has had 3 years to show upside, and aside from last year v utah...it just hasnt turned up.

The team looked best last night while scratching and clawing back into it in the 2nd half.

Dom was the guy with the ball and he made several great passes. We looked like a team.
Askia was not forcing things and he was playing gritty. The announcers stated he hadn't scored in 9 minutes. We were coming back.

This team can be decent with Collier taking a step up next year and being THE guy with the ball in his hands.
We can build around that.

We need to bring in another shooter and we need to get some big man coaching. Gordon has unreal abilities and could really do much more damage offensively with some polish. Miller can also be a force I think.

Josh is playing with cement blocks on his feet right now, which is killing him on the offensive end. Oregon exploited that in the 2H as they were jumping right over him for offensive rebounds. So even though Josh had a lot of rebounds, he was giving up some as well.

No doubt, I think everyone is overacting. Boyle's last year 2016??? No freaking way. Who's going to coach CU after? No one any better than Boyle is going to come here.

Take Note: CU has lost 3 early entrant players to the NBA in 3 years, so I figured that would catch up to us eventually.

The Booker, Scott and XJ experiment has yet to pay real dividends so I'm ready for a change. I love these guys and want them to be successful and to their credit, they all are probably playing hurt. But this team just doesn't mesh well together.

A couple things came to mind while watching the game:

- Why the hell are our "Shooters" passing up open shots? So frustrating to watch.
- Chemistry. I think we have too many players playing at different speeds. Booker, XJ, Hopkins, and Fletcher are great athletes made for running. Playing in a stagnant half court offense does not suit to their strengths. Scott, Gordon and Thomas are made for half court ball, with Scott really the only consistent scoring threat (and he's not been scoring well of late).
- Jaron is so gifted, and I wish they would've changed his shooting mechanics as a freshman.
- I watched the game with a buddy visiting from GA, who played ball in college and oversees and doesn't know much about CU. He asked who #15 was, guess it was the first player that caught his basketball eye. I told him it was our freshman PG. He said, I wouldn't take him out of the game if I we're the coach. He is a pure PG who's just going to get better and better.

In 2015, its going to be interesting to see how the team runs without Booker. However I have a hunch our offense is going to look a lot better with Dom running the team and with Fortune on the court.

Looking into 2016 we'll have an experienced and bigger Dom at PG, a senior SG with Fortune, two tanks down low with Miller and Gordon. Then IMO the most improving player on the team Dustin Thomas will be a Senior, and then Satterwhite who could be a steal.

The team hasn't met expectations this year, but the sky is not falling and cupboard is not dry!!! Need to get some shooters and shot blockers in here!!! In Tad We Trust.

(Hate to quote this whole item just to make one point - any way to isolate a section by iPhone?) -- Don't be too sure about Fortune in 2016. He's made it clear the NBA is his goal. If he has a great 2015-16, I'll bet he's another goner.

(Hate to quote this whole item just to make one point - any way to isolate a section by iPhone?) -- Don't be too sure about Fortune in 2016. He's made it clear the NBA is his goal. If he has a great 2015-16, I'll bet he's another goner.
You can say that about every player

So much bad from last night.

Josh can't even jump right now. He's a shadow of the guy he was at the beginning of the year. Mad respect for him gutting it out, because it's patently obvious that he's not himself. 17 boards last night.

Good think Ski can shoot FTs, because he wasn't hitting anything from the field and outside of his 10/12 from the stripe the rest of the team went 4/11.

11% as a team from 3pt range? You cannot beat decent teams on the road with that... especially when you turn the ball over 16 times while only forcing 9.

My biggest concern right now, though, is that this team can't make layups. That's an aggression & confidence issue. Team is soft. I hate soft teams. It's the one thing I can't stomach.

I dunno. The 4 guys standing around watching the Oregon guy make the rebound is a tad more concerning to me.

tough game.

Looking ahead to the Pac-12 tourney, I think the Buffs are playing for the 6th seed. My rationale assumes the goal is to avoid playing UA or UU in the first two rounds. Further, a 5 seed would be ideal, but not too realistic.

7 through 10 seeds put us against a #1 or #2 in round 2. Falling to 11 or 12 is unacceptable.

tough road the Buffs have laid out for themselves.

True analysis, and since a 7-to-10 finish is most likely, I'll try to put a positive spin on it. Utah & AZ will both be overlooking their opening round opponents, so not that bad an option. Both have lost a conference game or two to lesser opponents, so they can be beaten. How about both getting knocked off prior to the championship game?

Ok I'm dreaming, but crazy things sometimes happen.

I believe Dom will be a stud next year he's only a freshman and he was a espn top 100 player for a reason. Just give him time to grow and if he hits the weight room he'll turn some heads. I just hope tad gives him plentiful minutes to finish off the year because it will help him and us for next season

You can say that about every player

Yes but it seems Josh Fortune may have an actual shot at the NBA, if he continues to improve and winds up on a team where he can shine. Two big "ifs" at this point. Oh, and he needs to avoid injury, which is no trivial consideration for a Buff.

Yes but it seems Josh Fortune may have an actual shot at the NBA, if he continues to improve and winds up on a team where he can shine. Two big "ifs" at this point. Oh, and he needs to avoid injury, which is no trivial consideration for a Buff.

Fortune's upside seems big, and that counts for a lot. Still think we should possibly tap the breaks a bit on a guy who averaged 8.4 ppg last season at Providence. Very up and down player, at least at Providence.

Back