What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** OFFICIAL 2015 Colorado @ OSU Game Thread ***

MJ "That's a rough looking beaver"

:rofl:

This is where I have a problem with never taking timeouts and letting them play through all the issues. Sometimes (often with this team), the game gets out of hand early and the deficit becomes insurmountable.

I know, I don't get it. Timeouts help stop opposition momentum and get your own composure back. Even if we only devise a play 1/100 timeouts, at least it can halt a run. Use it as strategy to break up a run. Clearly letting our players "figure it out" hasn't gone so well, we get killed by tidal waves of our opposition going on huge runs game after game.

Oregon State has their new Pac12 high score of the season (previous was 66 and only 3 teams out of 14 let them reach 60).

Thanks for making it interesting and wasting another hour for me guys.
Arizona's going to be fun.

I know, I don't get it. Timeouts help stop opposition momentum and get your own composure back. Even if we only devise a play 1/100 timeouts, at least it can halt a run. Use it as strategy to break up a run. Clearly letting our players "figure it out" hasn't gone so well, we get killed by tidal waves of our opposition going on huge runs game after game.

It's supposed to build mental toughness and leadership from within the team.

Clearly this year's squad is incapable of that and needs to be babysat.

Payton's last dunk is annoying. Just run the clock out. XJ didn't seem to mind however. He was laughing it up with GPII as time expired

It's supposed to build mental toughness and leadership from within the team.

Clearly this year's squad is incapable of that and needs to be babysat.

I get playing through it when you're Wooden or Coach K, but I just do not like the strategy unless you have an extremely poised and experienced floor general. Even then, attempting to break up a run if nothing else seems common sense to me. Basketball is a game of runs, so why not do everything in your power to minimize those of your opponent?

Define talent - does this team have more talent than the 2nd rd tourney team?

You mean the team that got absolutely embarrased by Pitt? (before the multple embarassments of this season)

OK, let's see:

- ability to hit a jump shot with above 30% accuracy
- ability to rise quickly and make a jump shot with a hand in the face
- ability to penetrate, get to the rim and finish with some consistency
- if not finishing at the rim, dishing to an open teammate
- if not finishing or dishing in the paint, at least not turning it over
- displaying low post footwork to get close-in shots (and hopefully scores)
- having the confidence to do any of the above (yes, there's mental talent too)

You mean the team that got absolutely embarrased by Pitt? (before the multple embarassments of this season)

OK, let's see:

- ability to hit a jump shot with above 30% accuracy
- ability to rise quickly and make a jump shot with a hand in the face
- ability to penetrate, get to the rim and finish with some consistency
- if not finishing at the rim, dishing to an open teammate
- if not finishing or dishing in the paint, at least not turning it over
- displaying low post footwork to get close-in shots (and hopefully scores)
- having the confidence to do any of the above (yes, there's mental talent too)

He meant the 2012 team I believe.

Hopefully this game gave fletch confidence in his 3 ball. I would love to see him shoot it a lot more. He's a great shooter but tends to give too many open looks.

That was really ugly.

-Time to shut down Josh Scott. He was in a bad place tonight. Lots of credit for trying to play and taking that charge, but the adults need to step in and let him recover.

-I don't believe there is a Division 1 guard in the rotation that is playing worse than X. Talton.

-The more time Tory Miller gets the better. I like his body language and energy. Even if he's not ready he's still a better option than D. Thomas.

-Collier showing signs of improvement.

-Staff may finally be fed up with Booker. He got pulled more than I can remember (haven't seen many games this year)

-Gordon struggling to find a role. I guess it's always kind of been that way. But he needs an offensive identity

-Fletcher showed signs of life. Good for him

-Got to give credit where it's due - Payton II is a darn good player. Does it all.

-Not a fan of giving up those 2 dunks at the end.

-Definite signs of lacking leadership. May be a very ugly finish. Although I think some guys will step up before season ends.

Hopefully this game gave fletch confidence in his 3 ball. I would love to see him shoot it a lot more. He's a great shooter but tends to give too many open looks.

He's one of the top 3 3pt shooters in the p12. (conf play, by % im assuming)

Remember when everyone heckled me a month ago when I said we wouldn't get to 15-16 wins? I could see it in December.

The difference between us is I believe this is an 17-18ish win NIT type team without Josh Scott missing major time and currently having the body of an 82 year old along with our other injury situations. You don't. No way of ever knowing what would have happened.

I think booker and scott are still hurt - about 99% positive on scott, slightly less so for booker but still > 90%.

Throw this season to the dogs. Let dom & tory get minutes, put in treshawn, DT & Jhop longer as well.
Next year it's Josh & XJ's team. Which one of them will step up? My Money's on XJ, if either of them do at all.

That was really ugly.

-Time to shut down Josh Scott. He was in a bad place tonight. Lots of credit for trying to play and taking that charge, but the adults need to step in and let him recover.

-I don't believe there is a Division 1 guard in the rotation that is playing worse than X. Talton.

-The more time Tory Miller gets the better. I like his body language and energy. Even if he's not ready he's still a better option than D. Thomas.

-Collier showing signs of improvement.

-Staff may finally be fed up with Booker. He got pulled more than I can remember (haven't seen many games this year)

-Gordon struggling to find a role. I guess it's always kind of been that way. But he needs an offensive identity

-Fletcher showed signs of life. Good for him

-Got to give credit where it's due - Payton II is a darn good player. Does it all.

-Not a fan of giving up those 2 dunks at the end.

-Definite signs of lacking leadership. May be a very ugly finish. Although I think some guys will step up before season ends.
Agree, but Gordon hasn't been bad on the offensive end. He might still be looking for a role but atleast he's scoring and getting boards, not to mention blocked shots on the defensive end.

Im guessing he means the team that beat UNLV.

If that's what he means, then no ... that team had far more offensive talent. Far more. Dinwiddie, Roberson, Brown, Dufault. They weren't as deep, yes, but there were 5 scorers on that team.

That was really ugly. -Definite signs of lacking leadership. May be a very ugly finish. Although I think some guys will step up before season ends.

Not to be an asshole, but Who? Who will step up at this point? If someone hasnt done it by now, it's not happening.
Next year, this has to be Dom's team. He's got to put in work in the offseason. Gain weight, play more (he seems to have his foul shots under control now).

Back