What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** OFFICIAL 2015 Colorado @ OSU Game Thread ***

That was really ugly.

-Time to shut down Josh Scott. He was in a bad place tonight. Lots of credit for trying to play and taking that charge, but the adults need to step in and let him recover.

-I don't believe there is a Division 1 guard in the rotation that is playing worse than X. Talton.

-The more time Tory Miller gets the better. I like his body language and energy. Even if he's not ready he's still a better option than D. Thomas.

-Collier showing signs of improvement.

-Staff may finally be fed up with Booker. He got pulled more than I can remember (haven't seen many games this year)

-Gordon struggling to find a role. I guess it's always kind of been that way. But he needs an offensive identity

-Fletcher showed signs of life. Good for him

-Got to give credit where it's due - Payton II is a darn good player. Does it all.

-Not a fan of giving up those 2 dunks at the end.

-Definite signs of lacking leadership. May be a very ugly finish. Although I think some guys will step up before season ends.

We we don't have one good guard on this team. The great booker included. Coaches pulling him during that run and several other times during the game says everything. A senior coming out of a game at that point would have to foul out or be hurt. Sad year. Still can't get over XJ laughing and smiling again during a beat down. ASU is the last winnable game on the schedule.

If that's what he means, then no ... that team had far more offensive talent. Far more. Dinwiddie, Roberson, Brown, Dufault. They weren't as deep, yes, but there were 5 scorers on that team.

I dont know if you did that on purpose, but you left the leading scorer from BOTH of those games off that list....

Also, something I just noticed from the UNLV Game in 2012: "UNLV went on a 22-4 run and cut the lead to two on Justin Hawkins' 3-pointer with 4:20 left. From there, though, sixth-seeded UNLV (26-9) missed its next seven shots. Brown made a windmill dunk -- reminiscent of those he slammed home late in Pac-12 wins over Arizona and Cal -- to help CU regain its bearings, then the Buffs made 4 of 8 free throws in the last minute to hold on for the win."

And something from the baylor game: Brady heslip's nine 3-pointers help baylor knock off colorado

Seems to be some trends in there somewhere........things that we are STILL getting burned on.

We we don't have one good guard on this team. The great booker included. Coaches pulling him during that run and several other times during the game says everything. A senior coming out of a game at that point would have to foul out or be hurt. Sad year. Still can't get over XJ laughing and smiling again during a beat down. ASU is the last winnable game on the schedule.
Booker not a good guard? Name another player to score 40+ on the road this year. And you can't say Dom is bad, I think he's been doing ok for a freshman and at least he's contributing.

If that's what he means, then no ... that team had far more offensive talent. Far more. Dinwiddie, Roberson, Brown, Dufault. They weren't as deep, yes, but there were 5 scorers on that team.

Roberson had offensive talent? Interesting

Not to be an asshole, but Who? Who will step up at this point? If someone hasnt done it by now, it's not happening.
Next year, this has to be Dom's team. He's got to put in work in the offseason. Gain weight, play more (he seems to have his foul shots under control now).

Booker, Gordon, and Collier. And for the record, I don't mean step up and get wins. I mean step up and be competitive.

Booker not a good guard? Name another player to score 40+ on the road this year. And you can't say Dom is bad, I think he's been doing ok for a freshman and at least he's contributing.
If playing this game was all about volume scoring, then I couldn't debate your point.

Tad really needs to overhaul his offensive sets next year it's more and more obvious that the players he's recruited have their offensive skills greatly diminished with the current ones. After watching the last 2-3 years of Tad's offense I completely understand why Burks jumped when he did, he could see the writing on the wall going forward.

Tad really needs to overhaul his offensive sets next year it's more and more obvious that the players he's recruited have their offensive skills greatly diminished with the current ones. After watching the last 2-3 years of Tad's offense I completely understand why Burks jumped when he did, he could see the writing on the wall going forward.

I was hoping that happened with the Pitt disaster. And Burks leaving had nothing to do with our offense and everything to do with millions of dollars on the table

I was hoping that happened with the Pitt disaster. And Burks leaving had nothing to do with our offense and everything to do with millions of dollars on the table

This. No matter how old you are, you always take the money if you can. Burks probably learned from roby.

I didn't add the money issue that was a given didn't think I needed to...
The current sets are strangling the offensive skill sets of the players recruited. We should all be praying that Fortune & King become the players needed next year. As far as the Pitt debacle we were just out muscled & hustled and mix in a little coaching failure in prep.

B-d33e8IcAAukvz.jpg

He was definitely worked up last night. Would probably get my vote for P12 coach of the year for exceeding expectations after the coaching change. Only home loss they had was against Utah. Going to the P12 Tournament this year for the first time and also looking for Plan B teams if the Buffs don't have a magical run. Very impressed with how their zone made us look in a state of panic.

He was definitely worked up last night. Would probably get my vote for P12 coach of the year for exceeding expectations after the coaching change. Only home loss they had was against Utah. Going to the P12 Tournament this year for the first time and also looking for Plan B teams if the Buffs don't have a magical run. Very impressed with how their zone made us look in a state of panic.

There are at least 5, probably more, pac12 teams besides the Buffs whose only hope for post-season play is a 'magical run.' All season we've been hoping for the switch to go on and suddenly this Buff team become what we expected. Obviously that's not going to happen, but I'll keep hoping for a fresh start in the tournament, with some lucky bounces and hot hands.

OSU coach should be conference coach of the year... Maybe more if they get farther. Really impressive effort, and team, given circumstances.

That is what effort, and overachieving as a team looks like. Congrats OSU.

"CORVALLIS – Alex Roth would love to be on the court contributing to what has evolved into a special season for Oregon State.
A shoulder injury (Parsonage-Turner syndrome) sidelined the redshirt freshman guard from West Salem High School, and Roth spends home games at Gill Coliseum as the "self-appointed leader of the towel squad" on OSU's bench.
But make no mistake. Roth, who is among seven walk-ons in the men's basketball program, is part of the foundation that first-year coach Wayne Tinkle is building.
Heading into Thursday's Pac-12 game against No. 9 Utah (20-4, 10-2), the Beavers (16-9, 7-6) have only seven active scholarship players. They are allowed by the NCAA to have 13.
"I haven't been able to play much this year because of the shoulder, but I love just coming to practice every day, being basically with my family and supporting them," Roth said. "All the success we've had, it's good to see."
Roth had plenty of success on the court in high school. He was the Class 6A state scoring leader as a senior at West Salem High and Central Valley Conference Player of the Year.
There were other Division I opportunities Roth could have pursued, but he opted for OSU as a recruited walk-on in part because, "I wanted to make my grandpa proud and come here."

Last edited:
OSU coach should be conference coach of the year... Maybe more if they get farther. Really impressive effort, and team, given circumstances.

That is what effort, and overachieving as a team look like. Congrats OSU.

What award does Tad Boyle qualify for this season?

Looks like I didn't miss much, I did see GP II's dunks on espn though. That was embarrassing, geez. Seems like we make tv for all the wrong reasons these days.

Remember when everyone heckled me a month ago when I said we wouldn't get to 15-16 wins? I could see it in December.

Watch out buddy. Prescient pessimism about CU hoops will land you on the AB basketball **** list…..

Watch out buddy. Prescient pessimism about CU hoops will land you on the AB basketball **** list…..

Yes, I was viewed darkly a little while back for suggesting the Buffs' relatively close game at AZ was largely based on the Wildcats' lack of interest. This concept was subsequently supported by AZ's easy win over Utah, who had thoroughly trounced our team. But I guess it wasn't what some wanted to hear.

Bragging about predicting a disappointing and bad season. Sure love that type of "fan". A large group of posters in this forum seem to only show up during or after losses to talk about how terrible the team is. Why should that be encouraged?

Bragging about predicting a disappointing and bad season. Sure love that type of "fan". A large group of posters in this forum seem to only show up during or after losses to talk about how terrible the team is. Why should that be encouraged?

You've got a point (or two). But I think the 'bragging' could be more of a claim of vindication from someone who thought he had some insight (signs of pending problems) and was roundly criticized at the time. Of course the injuries to Scott & XJ hadn't yet happened, so it was a bit more difficult in December to forecast a mediocre Buff season.

You've got a point (or two). But I think the 'bragging' could be more of a claim of vindication from someone who thought he had some insight (signs of pending problems) and was roundly criticized at the time. Of course the injuries to Scott & XJ hadn't yet happened, so it was a bit more difficult in December to forecast a mediocre Buff season.

It's the general habit of popping up only after losses that generally annoys some people. And we have some really knowledgeable posters on here who are among Tad's biggest supporters.. However, many of these same guys were also largely among the more pessimistic side of predicting in the preseason how things would play out. I'm worried about the ramifications of this season myself. It may very well turn out that we've lost momentum and won't recover it. But as horrible and frustrating as this season is (for so many reasons I won't even go into them all) we've simply got to give Tad the benefit of the doubt for the time being. We're 5 seasons in and we've had unprecedented success for 4 of those seasons and a colossal failure for 1. Next year now looms huge and it is a crossroads, but let's wait and see and hope some adjusting occurs.

:congrats:
:bronzecup:

Back