What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

official 2015 CU @UCLA football game thread

I'm never going to fault a player for refusing to leave the field. That's something I respect without reservation.

There are better things to criticize.

One caveat -- since he made the decision to stay out there, he can't use the injured arm as an excuse for the overthrow or INT.

One caveat -- since he made the decision to stay out there, he can't use the injured arm as an excuse for the overthrow or INT.

From what I've seen of Sefo after games, I don't think he would.

Rum goggles are ON! I see the negative and prefer to see Montez as QB personally. The OC needs to be gone like yesterday! The special teams, well - they are just Special! I am not a fan of HCMM, I see Leavitt as the future of this program, my opinion! However, what I do see is improvements in effort and the physical variance in years past is nothing but a whisper. The Buffs have increased their strength and are closer. They need to get to that next level... The intensity and knowledge of Leavitt would help immensely. Alas, I give it up for the Buffs today - I am not pleased with a loss, but applaud their effort (a lot of this falls on coaching > HCMM and OC). Great effort Buffs - I see your improvement

Well the good news is we will beat Stanford. Bound to happen, because I'm working next Saturday during the game.

I think we got a roughing penalty one of the only times we tried a block this year. I'm way beyond being over Neinas.

....and the chances of Spruce returning it for a TD is minimal....part of the conservative perspective....

Seems like every time we go for a block we get a roughing the kicker call.... Speshul.

To be fair re: fair catches today - their punter put a lot of hang time on the balls and there weren't many opportunities out there today.

Pick 6 is a 10 point swing at minimum, first dropped TD by Ross is 4 more, second is 7 more. That's just the minimum.

This game should never have come down to a desperation last minute drive. That is our problem not the last minute desperation failures

And if Ross had competed on the pick six it wouldn't have happened either. Terrible game for DRoss.

We fair catch every ball so why not try a block it's not like we are set up the return.

Worst is we don't go for the punt block or the return. We have 3-4 guys slow rush every punt and not try to block the kick or block the defenders. Just half ass towards the punter.

This team played their asses off and I think confidence has grown from this loss. IMO we are right there and just need more consistency from the passing offense. Proud to be a Buff fan today.

Yes, the negativity will rule this board again but man, we are close.

This team played their asses off and I think confidence has grown from this loss. IMO we are right there and just need more consistency from the passing offense. Proud to be a Buff fan today.

Team now needs to learn how to win. Big step.

Seems like every time we go for a block we get a roughing the kicker call.... Speshul.

To be fair re: fair catches today - their punter put a lot of hang time on the balls and there weren't many opportunities out there today.
They always fair catch it. Baffles me. It is called punt return, not punt catch.

We should've won this game pretty comfortably, we dominated most of it. Gotta get guys with smaller dicks so they'll quit stepping on them.

This game should never have come down to a desperation last minute drive. That is our problem not the last minute desperation failures

And if Ross had competed on the pick six it wouldn't have happened either. Terrible game for DRoss.
Ehhh. The guy has big play potential, but he can not find a consistency. Pretty sure the staff won't trust him unless its a deep play. Frustrating as he has to make those plays. I see a WR coming in that can make those plays that gives me hope.

Neinas has the best job in America. I'm convinced of it. I won't talk about it the rest of the year. No way Mac can retain this guy.

Since you are all on the topic - It is rather humorous that Spruce has his fair catch hand in the air before the ball is even snapped. Has to be the ST Coordinator. Spruce is a savvy and smart player. All-time leader in Pac 12 history baby! Great WR who is under-utilized this season

Since you are all on the topic - It is rather humorous that Spruce has his fair catch hand in the air before the ball is even snapped. Has to be the ST Coordinator. Spruce is a savvy and smart player. All-time leader in Pac 12 history baby! Great WR who is under-utilized this season

Ultra conservative.....guarantees no turnover....sort of the equivalent of taking your money and burying it in the backyard...too risky to invest and nobody will ever rip you off.

I thought we won last week....

We did, and three earlier in the season, but good teams figure out how to win games like this one, not lose them. The Oregon State game didn't come down to the end and they aren't exactly a team known for winning tight games either. Somebody had to lose that one, we didn't.

Ultra conservative.....guarantees no turnover....sort of the equivalent of taking your money and burying it in the backyard...too risky to invest and nobody will ever rip you off.
If you have a dominant offense it is a wise move (2013 Broncos comes to mind of the situation where it was almost always a fair catch). Otherwise, they need to have someone back there that has the chance to provide a spark and change field position.

They always fair catch it. Baffles me. It is called punt return, not punt catch.
Sure it's ridiculous if that's a coaching strategy. However don't forget it's also the strategy of the punting team, sometimes they do it well.

We did, and three earlier in the season, but good teams figure out how to win games like this one, not lose them. The Oregon State game didn't come down to the end and they aren't exactly a team known for winning tight games either. Somebody had to lose that one, we didn't.

UCLA is a much more talented team. We played well, had a good game plan, but could not stop them when we had to....my only complaint is that we did not go for the throat when we had the ball leading by three with 9 minutes to go. We needed to step up and win the ****ing game.

If you have a dominant offense it is a wise move (2013 Broncos comes to mind of the situation where it was almost always a fair catch). Otherwise, they need to have someone back there that has the chance to provide a spark and change field position.
rick-upchurch.jpg

UCLA is a much more talented team. We played well, had a good game plan, but could not stop them we we had to....my only complaint is that we did not go for the throat when we had the ball leading by three with 9 minutes to go. We needed to step up and win the ****ing game.

Can't argue with any of this. Can't figure out though why the coaches took us away from what both teams knew and had seen that UCLA couldn't stop all day.

This game should never have come down to a desperation drive in the last 2 minutes.

Buffs were close last year, they had no buisness losing this game. It's not negative, it's fact.

Back