What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2015 UCLA @ Colorado Basketball Game thread ***

Kinda shocking to see how much UCLA talent level has dropped off, Don't know how that happens at such a storied program. But this was still a huge win for the Buffs. Damn, if we had a guard outside of Ski who could score even a little in the half court, we could make some noise. I hope we see more of Dom now, he at least tries to make things happen.

Kinda shocking to see how much UCLA talent level has dropped off, Don't know how that happens at such a storied program. But this was still a huge win for the Buffs. Damn, if we had a guard outside of Ski who could score even a little in the half court, we could make some noise. I hope we see more of Dom now, he at least tries to make things happen.

UCLA is in a period of transition, with Alford only in his second year. They have a great recruiting class lined up for 2015 and 2016, they will be back.

And wow look at what we can do with XJ at the 4, really hope to see more of that in the future.

How big was getting a win and the UCLA monkey off our backs?

[tweet]551267939400183809[/tweet]

If only they practiced more.

Great game, and a great win. It was nice to see someone other than josh, XJ & ski scoring. Wes had 11, and jhop had 7, and 5 from tory.
Im a big miller fan, it just seems like he's not quite 100% in control of himself- too many odd fouls.

Great win, tied for 1st in the P12. Bring on the trojans!

great to see the buffs get done with that UCLA jinx. win was badly needed for this team. Hope they build on it.

Again, I was taking a shot at their BASKETBALL attendance (I am aware this is the BASKETBALL forum). I am aware they are the most storied basketball program probably ever. Which makes it even sadder that they fall in the second half of PAC-12 BASKETBALL attendance every year.

I agree. UCLA's basketball fan support is lacking. Shockingly weak for a program so storied in my opinion.

Anyway, feels like the team really learned a lot tonight. This should serve as a major confidence booster. We got a crucial conference win without Josh. We saw a lot of guys grow up/step up tonight both physically and psychologically. Had to get this W (and now beat USC) before the brutal road swing.

Last edited:
Great win and time to build on it. Hope this one gets the Buffs heads right for the Pac 12 run. Congrats Buffs on a big win.

The CEC dead silent. Skia deadly.

The crowd was disappointing early. Many showed up late, small student section (understandable). The place did fill up though and after XJ took over in the second half the lights turned on for the fans. Then the crowd maybe was the best I had ever seen it with so few students. The crowd stood for most of the game after that and was VERY loud! I was pleased!

I'm a little nervous to see what happens to this team without Booker. I didn't even notice XT tonight. Thomas is just not very good right now offensively. Fletcher is disappointing thus far. I really had high expectation for Fletch this season. Hopkins is definitely the most athletic player on the team but he is out of control half the time. Next season we really need these players to step up. Heck, we need them to start stepping up this season. I know this has been talked about ad nauseam. It is frustrating to watch sometimes.

XJ is the man when when he really turns it on. Wes was impressive tonight. Hope that can continue and I think it will. Missed the big man tonight!

This team seems to be right where they should be right now, Mediocre but competitive. They have some talent but the depth is weaker than we thought it was going to be. Fun and frustrating at the same time. Tad is going to have to put in some work for that paycheck this season!

I had a lot of fun tonight at the game though. Glad to see the CEC so full even without a lot of students!

Hwy 93 was closed from 6:30 to 8:30. I'm sure that delayed a lot of folks from getting to the CEC.

Great game, and a great win. It was nice to see someone other than josh, XJ & ski scoring. Wes had 11, and jhop had 7, and 5 from tory.
Im a big miller fan, it just seems like he's not quite 100% in control of himself- too many odd foul calls.

Great win, tied for 1st in the P12. Bring on the trojans!

FIFY.......happens to frosh; especially when that low-life striped shirt Randy McCall is calling the game.

Fun game. Frustrating at times, though. I wanted to stab somebody a few times during the game. They looked sloppy and disinterested at times, followed by moments of brilliance. They need to cut down on those brain farts.

Great game to attend. Crowd got into it in the second half.

Most promising aspect is that this team HAD to win without Josh. Others need to have confidence that they can step up.

Still need someone to consistently drive the lane, this perimeter stuff is so hard to watch. A couple easy turnovers each game as they telegraph the passes around the perimeter.

Too bad JHop didn't convert the put back slam. That'd been on all the highlight reels. The dude's head was at the rim level.

Too bad JHop didn't convert the put back slam. That'd been on all the highlight reels. The dude's head was at the rim level.

God I guess. The guy next to me was annoyed (and understandably so) that he didnt just grab the board, but if he could have thrown that thing down (and had it go into the net) that would have been it. The crowd would have gone insane.

[tweet]551272103648178176[/tweet]

Last edited:
God I guess. The guy next to me was annoyed (and understandably so) that he didnt just grab the board, but if he could have thrown that thing down (and had it go into the net) that would have been it. The crowd would have gone insane.

Haha I don't know if I was sitting next to you but I was annoyed too!! I have seen him do that more than once and MISS!!! Just get the POINTS and forget the highlight reel crap!!! (although it would have been amazing if he did make that slam! lol)

I was pissed -- only because it didn't work. The first thing I thought was that it was a total Jason "White Chocolate" Williams move. :lol:

Meh, they're playing with emotion after a rocky start. No problem with it at home.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back