What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2015 Utah @ Colorado Basketball Game Thread ***

Basketball school my ass. At least Selection Sunday can be what Spring should be about, Buffs Football. Football pays your debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball school my ass. At least Selection Sunday can be what Spring should be about, Buffs Football. Football pays your debt.

How about not being a petty douche and try cheering for all Buff sports teams.

I'm really pissed, but I don't get why you're glad that our basketball program is struggling right now. The two sports' successes aren't mutually exclusive. We can have both you know.

I think I'd better check the BB forum ignore list.

I'm really pissed, but I don't get why you're glad that our basketball program is struggling right now. The two sports aren't mutually exclusive. We can have both you know.

I think I'd better check the BB forum ignore list.

Weirdest thing is he isn't alone in his sentiment. I've seen it too many times. It has to be one of the dumbest rationales out there.

Maybe the sound trouble coming back is a sign that I should tune out now.

I would love to see the basketball team continue to succeed. My issue is with the ridiculous **** talking of CU being a basketball school. It has had moderate success the last few years but this is like CSU fans claiming they own Colorado in football based off one good season. I like Tad a lot and like the support for the program. I agree, both fans of each team should support each other. Just frustrated with the lack of respect CU football has got due to a tough stretch. I have followed and cheered for both basketball and football for 20 and 28 years of my 33 on Earth. sorry to ruffle some feathers with my ass hat comment.

Good thing ski didn't start or we would have lost by 50! Right, haters?

Pretty embarrassing. I know Utah is a very good team, and Colorado is on a down year, but I expected a competitive game at the CEC.

My main concern is the divisions, grudges, whatever is going on. It's really hard to fix those types of things while keeping everyone aboard.

I feel like CU should refund my money for tonight's tickets. That was the worst performance of the Tad Boyle era. Inexcusable.

Pretty embarrassing. I know Utah is a very good team, and Colorado is on a down year, but I expected a competitive game at the CEC.

Writing was on the wall with Ski out, Wes and XJ being bozos and Scott hobbling around. Sucks, but injury AND internal bull**** is too much for virtually any program to overcome. Utes will be in the Sweet 16.

Horrible. This isn't a team. It's like Tad picked up some random bench players from UNC, CSU, Wyoming, and Air Force and had them play tonight without a single practice.

One time Josh got knocked on his ass and sat on the floor for 10 seconds without a single Buff coming over to help him up. The guy just missed a month with a back injury and nobody bothered to give him a hand. Finally a Utah player helped him up. Terrible.

My main concern is the divisions, grudges, whatever is going on. It's really hard to fix those types of things while keeping everyone aboard.

Dude, I respect your opinion, you're one of the most informed posters on here. But how can that be our biggest issue? We are without a doubt one of the most inept offensive teams I've seen in a long time. It's shocking really how we could have this many guys on a roster that have no ability to score. No amount of team chemistry can overcome the complete inability to shoot or generate offense. Add on top of that the utter lack of an actual offense from Tad, and we're in trouble. It's hard to feel optimistic about this program. The trajectories between Utah and CU programs couldn't be more opposite.

Dude, I respect your opinion, you're one of the most informed posters on here. But how can that be our biggest issue? We are without a doubt one of the most inept offensive teams I've seen in a long time. It's shocking really how we could have this many guys on a roster that have no ability to score. No amount of team chemistry can overcome the complete inability to shoot or generate offense. Add on top of that the utter lack of an actual offense from Tad, and we're in trouble. It's hard to feel optimistic about this program. The trajectories between Utah and CU programs couldn't be more opposite.
I think the chemistry is playing a key roll in being inept. Maybe I've had too many drinks and didn't get lucky tonight so I am posting here, but the arguments I have heard being a neighbor of the basketball team tells the story. They are just as pissed as the fans, but nothing is changing. There is a locker room problem, no joke. These guys don't enjoy playing with each other and it shows. My high school team that lacked talent made it to the elite eight of my senior year in 5A because we loved playing together. Josh is focused on going to the NBA still, Wes goes too hard and XJ is XJ. Ski is a ghost for a reason and the sophomores are too gunshy because the upper classmen specifically the junior intimidate them. I love CU as much as anyone hence me posting on this board since I was like 15, but it is tough to pass up weekends in the mountain or going to the rio on a Thursday night to go see a bunch of individuals try to play a sport game. I'm done. Imagine what the majority of the student body feels.

Our cluster**** offense frustrates me as much as anyone, but I think our off-court issues are probably playing a role in exacerbating it. We've shown you can win 20+ games with this general (lack of) offense in multiple seasons. We're decaying on the inside in my opinion and unless that's fixed, other solutions will only go so far. I think it may be our root issue.

By the second half, the CEC looked WBB empty. It looked VB empty.

The CU style of play last night went over like a fart in church.

I turned it off at half last night. Not staying up for what I thought was coming. Good choice I guess.

Obviously, I have no insight into the personal dealings of the players, but the on-court performance and cohisiveness is the result of something. XJ and Wes punished for missing curfew/meetings is unacceptable for a team that is focused on team victories. Good teams don't have individuals more focused on themselves than the team. I don't see that 'something' being fixed in time to save this season. The buffs are who they are.

I find that I have enjoyed the play of the team more when JS isn't on the floor. I think they move the ball much better and play something closer to an offense. Obviously last night was impacted by the loss of Ski, but I had the same thoughts earlier in the season with JS was playing. I think the presence of JS virtually removes Wes as an offensive option and I thought he did suprisingly well in JS's absence and improved almost every game.

The 1/2 court offense has been a problem for awhile. The only real offensive success we seem to have is in transition and you have to be willing to really defend to make those offensive opportunities present themselves. I question the team's willingness to defend to the level they need to. I watched the UVA-Louisville game yesterday... that UVA TEAM can play defense. It was a beautiful thing to see.

Not sure what CUBB does from here, but honestly not looking forward to the next game and the prospect of the same frustrations.

Sounds like a coach's nightmare. But also part of the job. The Cal game will be interesting - should be a Buff blowout like WSU, based on CEC and comparable match ups (other than Cal beating Wyo at home), but Cal has won 4 straight after losing 6 straight.

There is a missing ingredient here. Maybe it's not having a Spencer or Alec or Andre. Maybe it's a team chemistry thing. Maybe it's not having the best assistant coach? Maybe it's just a rebuilding season? Maybe it's some bad luck in recruiting? Or maybe it's that we didn't capitalize on good success before and get better recruits? Or, the one I hope isn't true. Maybe this is what we can now expect from CU basketball. These are tads players and his system. Please tell me it won't be the new norm to be lower to middle of the pack in the Pac 12 with hopes to make the NIT on a good year?

empty seats are going to the norm unless,something changes.

By the second half, the CEC looked WBB empty. It looked VB empty.

The CU style of play last night went over like a fart in church.

Writing was on the wall with Ski out, Wes and XJ being bozos and Scott hobbling around. Sucks, but injury AND internal bull**** is too much for virtually any program to overcome. Utes will be in the Sweet 16.

Tough decisions for Tad. I've felt for awhile that he might have to kick off player(s) off this team, for the longterm future of this program. I can handle a team losing, as long as they are a team and have bought in to what the coaching staff is doing.

Back