What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 All-in-One Assistant Coaches Compendium Thread - hagan in, bernardi to te, adams ol -

A great coach that recruits respect and that will be an OC in Power 5 within a couple years is stupid to keep a guy that you don't hear much about recruiting and regressed.

So you think he should learn on the job at CU? Really? He will not be calling the plays at UCF, but you would be comfortable with him doing so here? Based on what?

You seem to treat highly questionable conjecture as fact these days.

A great coach that recruits respect and that will be an OC in Power 5 within a couple years is stupid to keep a guy that you don't hear much about recruiting and regressed.
Respectfully disagree, and disagree with your evaluations of just about everything.

Would we want to bring in Darren Chiaverini? He has coached WRs and STs and managed to beat us for some recruits.

For OC and WR coach please.

I really hate to be picky since being a CU fan beggars can't exactly be choosers, but I'd like to think with our salary pool for assistants we can do better than someone whose primary playcalling experience was at California jucos. Assistant, recruiter, position, special teams, sure. OC? Please no.

You need to chill man. You basically spout nothing but angry gibberish, and you sound like Ricky Bobby.
200_s.gif

So Landry is saying colorado was given the opportunity to match? I'm guessing job title not pay.

Would we want to bring in Darren Chiaverini? He has coached WRs and STs and managed to beat us for some recruits.
Abso****inglutely, for WR and STC. Not OC, what kind of a dumbass would propose that at this point?

Chiaverini is a really good recruiter whose WRs had a good year at TTU. Legacy, so he's kind of the first name that comes to mind.

I'll throw out a wildcard here (sticking with legacies): Kordell Stewart

Biggest name out there in terms of association with CU football, would get the Buffs back into New Orleans, and was a dynamic WR for the Steelers as "Slash" for a couple years before taking over as QB.

Abso****inglutely, for WR and STC. Not OC, what kind of a dumbass would propose that at this point?
I agree with this point. We need a better OC than Lindgren and who knows on these guys?!

Main reason I don't like this move is because Walters has been our most consistent recruiter and got our best recruits the last few years. Maybe not this year. But past years most certainly.

Again, based on what?
I agree on OC. I just think Lindgren hasn't brought as much to the recruiting side as Walters and feel like you need recruits that are top notch over a ****ty play caller that can't recruit. I hope we upgrade at OC, ST and WR at LEAST.

QB coach? Has he coached at all? Stop the legacy ****. Darren, sure. He is getting it done at that position at TT so him coming home with hopefully a payraise, I can support that. Maybe ST duties too. Then a new OL coach and I'm still on the fence about Lingren. I sure don't see him developing the QBs that well. But Chavarinni should be a bonus to two other coaches being replaced. I will have zero faith in MM if Neinas is retained. Toby has to go. Problem is who will hire him away? I think MM can't be nice enough to let him find a new home because I don't think anyone will be offering a home.

QB coach? Has he coached at all? Stop the legacy ****. Darren, sure. He is getting it done at that position at TT so him coming home with hopefully a payraise, I can support that. Maybe ST duties too. Then a new OL coach and I'm still on the fence about Lingren. I sure don't see him developing the QBs that well. But Chavarinni should be a bonus to two other coaches being replaced. I will have zero faith in MM if Neinas is retained. Toby has to go. Problem is who will hire him away? I think MM can't be nice enough to let him find a new home because I don't think anyone will be offering a home.
Maybe someone like Arby's will hire him away.

Except we're talking about WR coach. If the guy can get dudes and make them play hard, it's a spot where you don't need some technical on-field coaching genius. In fact, it's probably better to not be in their heads too much at this level. Game needs to be simple. We're not talking about the NFL with WRs making a half dozen decisions on pre-snap reads and in-route option adjustments every pass play. (At least I hope CU isn't trying to make these kids try to do that here. If we are, all the more reason to find a new OC because it's the very reason Callahan was a failure at Nebraska.)

Except we're talking about WR coach. If the guy can get dudes and make them play hard, it's a spot where you don't need some technical on-field coaching genius. In fact, it's probably better to not be in their heads too much at this level. Game needs to be simple. We're not talking about the NFL with WRs making a half dozen decisions on pre-snap reads and in-route option adjustments every pass play. (At least I hope CU isn't trying to make these kids try to do that here. If we are, all the more reason to find a new OC because it's the very reason Callahan was a failure at ****braska.)
I thought they were putting Kordell out there for OC, which is why I asked if they meant QB coach. Still, is he coaching anywhere? If not, and not recruiting, why bring up his name? That was my point. Otherwise, I think with Mary Jane being legal we should put our Heisman winner on staff.

I thought they were putting Kordell out there for OC, which is why I asked if they meant QB coach. Still, is he coaching anywhere? If not, and not recruiting, why bring up his name? That was my point. Otherwise, I think with Mary Jane being legal we should put our Heisman winner on staff.

He's the guy with the relationship in New Orleans with the high school coach who is sending 5 prospects here on official visits next month.

Kordell was awesome on bros vs. pros or whatever that show was called.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/756402/

Chiaverini is a really good recruiter whose WRs had a good year at TTU. Legacy, so he's kind of the first name that comes to mind.

I'll throw out a wildcard here (sticking with legacies): Kordell Stewart

Biggest name out there in terms of association with CU football, would get the Buffs back into New Orleans, and was a dynamic WR for the Steelers as "Slash" for a couple years before taking over as QB.
Has he coached? Ever?

He will definitely be missed at CU. A great opportunity as OC for him. I am curious about impact to next years class, specifically the WR's Commits from the Southeast region.

Back