What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 All-in-One Assistant Coaches Compendium Thread - hagan in, bernardi to te, adams ol -

Something inside says we stay the course and there are no changes to the staff and MM and current staff get 2016 season to really produce. If it is more of the same by halfway through the season, MM is then yanked and Leavitt made interim.

Just a feel'n, but RG is a nice guy like MM, and wants to be able to say he gave him plenty of opportunity.

I really feel like Leavitt is the only coach with a pass right now. After watching the Buffs give up all these 3rd and longs and 4th and longs, I would say shaky ice at that. He gets another year because of the hand he was dealt...but, we as fans deserve to see more. The whole staff should be on notice and I think this is the last week as a Buff for some.
Jim Leavitt is on shaky ice? We deserve to see more? Jim Leavitt has done an incredible job with the talent (or lack thereof) on this defense. He has raised the level of defensive play in ever major statistical category, and he is already our best recruiter on staff. The defense is not good enough yet, but this is exactly the trajectory USF was on under his direction.

2014 Yards/Game - 113th
2015 Yards/Game - 91st

2014 Points/Game - 120th
2015 Points/Game - 77th

2014 Pass Yds/Game - 102nd
2015 Pass Yds/Game - 70th

2014 Rush Yds/Game - 103rd
2015 Rush Yds/Game - 101st

2014 Yards/Play - 116th (6.4)
2015 Yards/Play - 94th (5.9)

2014 Takeaways - 122nd (11 total - 3 INTs and 8 FR)
2015 Takeaways - 74th (19 total - 13 INTs and 6 FR)

Current TE Coach at Florida State, former TE Coach for the Broncos and former Minnesota HC Tim Brewster would be a great hire to the CU staff.

He played football for Illinois at the same time as Rick George, so there's a connect that could be used. TE/Special Teams (job he had at North Carolina) would bring a much-needed upgrade to the staff. Solid recruiter, too, who could do a lot to help close the border.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion from my post. My original post said I think they have a hard time finding quality replacements.

Yeah, sorry. I just re-read it. I think what you were really saying was that MacIntyre is not appealing to any quality assistants except those that are distressed. I took the 'they got no interest' part to mean that CU got no interest in finding someone new to come to CU. Hence, the why fire MM.

The situation is so depressing I am not sure what to do. Im steadily losing faith in MM to right the ship.

Another guy the Buffs could bring back is Bobby Hauck. HC experience at Montana & UNLV. Currently the ST Coordinator at SDSU. Had that position at CU under Neuheisel. Would be a huge upgrade over Neinas. If he came, he'd be able to also work with the OLBs in the 3-4 system.

For OL Coach, a name that deserves some run is Alex Atkins at Georgia Southern. Young guy who has had his offense putting up some amazing numbers. GA Southern doesn't give up sacks or TFL and they generate big numbers. After being a finalist for FootballScoop's OL Coach of the year award in 2014, he's seen a 2015 with the nation's #1 rushing offense (6.51 yards per rush) while being top 50 in TFL yards and #3 in sacks allowed. Don't throw much (last in passing yards per game), but #25 in yards per completion so the QB's getting protection to let deep throws develop.

This is only his 2nd year at GA Southern, so he got fast results.

Originally from Chicago, he graduated from UT Martin in 2007 so he's an up-and-comer who is right around 30 years old.

fwiw, I looked at his twitter feed and he quotes a lot of bible verses. Probably a good fit with MacIntyre. Also, CU commit Derrion Rakestraw follows him - Atkins currently recruits mostly Georgia and the Jacksonville, FL area.

http://www.gseagles.com/coaches.aspx?rc=156

I would really like an o line coach with deep texas connections. I have no idea who that is but it is a must.

For OL Coach, a name that deserves some run is Alex Atkins at Georgia Southern. Young guy who has had his offense putting up some amazing numbers. GA Southern doesn't give up sacks or TFL and they generate big numbers. After being a finalist for FootballScoop's OL Coach of the year award in 2014, he's seen a 2015 with the nation's #1 rushing offense (6.51 yards per rush) while being top 50 in TFL yards and #3 in sacks allowed. Don't throw much (last in passing yards per game), but #25 in yards per completion so the QB's getting protection to let deep throws develop.

Originally from Chicago, he graduated from UT Martin in 2007 so he's an up-and-comer who is right around 30 years old.

fwiw, I looked at his twitter feed and he quotes a lot of bible verses. Probably a good fit with MacIntyre. Also, CU commit Derrion Rakestraw follows him - Atkins currently recruits mostly Georgia and the Jacksonville, FL area.

Wow. Nice find. You should work for the AD.

Not to be Debbie Downer but I don't see anyone with legit options coming here with MM as a lame duck. When Hawkins did that we ended up with Ambrose (now unemployed?) and some 70 year old doing Hawk a favor

Not to be Debbie Downer but I don't see anyone with legit options coming here with MM as a lame duck. When Hawkins did that we ended up with Ambrose (now unemployed?) and some 70 year old doing Hawk a favor
Hawk had a much smaller coaching tree

People said the same thing last year and he seemed to get quite a bit of interest. Apparently a lot of coaches have a much higher opinion if mac than you do.

Wow. Nice find. You should work for the AD.
No kidding.

It was more like a coaching shrub.

He hired Koetter's best ASU assistants (Grimes & Helfrich), brought the guys who would follow him from Boise and then had nothing else besides UC Davis connections.

Current TE Coach at Florida State, former TE Coach for the Broncos and former Minnesota HC Tim Brewster would be a great hire to the CU staff.

He played football for Illinois at the same time as Rick George, so there's a connect that could be used. TE/Special Teams (job he had at North Carolina) would bring a much-needed upgrade to the staff. Solid recruiter, too, who could do a lot to help close the border.
He would be a great hire if he still has the passion for recruiting he once had. He was the recruiting coordinator at Texas too.

I think Mac is safe, so the real question is, what assistants roll out?

For me, Neinas is the clear #1 that has to go. If he doesn't go, I cry myself to sleep for a week.

Then from there, I'd clear out a lot of dead weight, but Mac might not want to get rid of too many. Bernardi, Jeffcoat, and maybe Lindgren?

I am skeptical that any assistants will be pushed out. Maybe Neinas, but that might be a bad move given that Neinas' father could be influential in MacIntyre's future.

Whar we want and what coach will do is likely going to be different.

I think Mac is safe, so the real question is, what assistants roll out?

For me, Neinas is the clear #1 that has to go. If he doesn't go, I cry myself to sleep for a week.

Then from there, I'd clear out a lot of dead weight, but Mac might not want to get rid of too many. Bernardi, Jeffcoat, and maybe Lindgren?
The problem is getting someone worth a **** to replace them. Not exactly a comfortable spot to land.

Back