What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

You didn't strike a nerve but I a) think it's idiotic to play down alcoholism by implying that he might have used it to keep Haden from firing him and b) then double down on stupid by saying "but this is a football thread" when you get called on it. Going by your logic, you think it'd be perfectly fine to first and foreall discuss the effects on the CU football if a personal tragedy, and as alcoholism is a disease this IS a tragedy, befell a current player or coach. Get a ****ing grip.

You didn't strike a nerve but I a) think it's idiotic to play down alcoholism by implying that he might have used it to keep Haden from firing him and b) then double down on stupid by saying "but this is a football thread" when you get called on it. Going by your logic, you think it'd be perfectly fine to first and foreall discuss the effects on the CU football if a personal tragedy, and as alcoholism is a disease this IS a tragedy, befell a current player or coach. Get a ****ing grip.
Overreaction, IMHO.

Well, it's Mid-October might as well formalize this a bit:

Shown the door:

Maryland: Edsall out
University of North Texas: Dan McCarney out.
University of Illinois: Tim Beckman out.

Hot seat:

Miami: Al Golden getting heat
UT: Strong having a rough year, but won the RRSS

In time out:

U$C: Sark in rehab.

Moonlighting:

George (how did that get on my resume?) O'Leary steps down as AD, but stays as HC.

Last edited:
Well, it's Mid-October might as well formalize this a bit:

Shown the door:

Maryland: Edsall out
University of North Texas: Dan McCarney out.
University of Illinois: Tim Beckman out.

Hot seat:

Miami: Al Golden getting heat
UT: Strong having a rough year, but won the RRSS

In time out:

U$C: Sark in rehab.

Think you can put Sark on shown the door. IDK how USC brings him back. He goes counter to their image in a lot of ways.

Think you can put Sark on shown the door. IDK how USC brings him back. He goes counter to their image in a lot of ways.
Probably, but my guess is he will hang on a while in time out for appearances sake. So until that happens, I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

On the pure speculation front, I would put money on Whittingham jumping ship this year. Would U$C take him? Probably not, but he is pretty good coach and he is going somewhere this carousel season IMO.

Probably, but my guess is he will hang on a while in time out for appearances sake. So until that happens, I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

On the pure speculation front, I would put money on Whittingham jumping ship this year. Would U$C take him? Probably not, but he is pretty good coach and he is going somewhere this carousel season IMO.

If UU gets to the playoffs *high unlikely, but possible*, there are quite a few schools back east that would pay him more than UU could ever match.

If UU gets to the playoffs *high unlikely, but possible*, there are quite a few schools back east that would pay him more than UU could ever match.
Really Shoulder? I actually think they are the most rounded football team out there - O, D, Special teams... I actually can see them in the playoffs. Especially if they stay healthy.

Really Shoulder? I actually think they are the most rounded football team out there - O, D, Special teams... I actually can see them in the playoffs. Especially if they stay healthy.
The D is legit, the ST is unreal, the O is inconsistent. They really struggled at times against Cal. For a Pac-12 team to get in the playoffs, they will have to go undefeated. The SOS isn't going to be there with the way the conference is cannibalizing itself. Going undefeated will be very very difficult for Utah.

The D is legit, the ST is unreal, the O is inconsistent. They really struggled at times against Cal. For a Pac-12 team to get in the playoffs, they will have to go undefeated. The SOS isn't going to be there with the way the conference is cannibalizing itself. Going undefeated will be very very difficult for Utah.
Cal gave that game away, Utah didn't win it.

I really hope for the best for Sark. That's a horrible thing that is happening to a relatively young man with a bright future.

And on a completely selfish point of view that makes me a horrible person, I'm pissed that the only chance CU had at beating SC went down the tubes when Sark checked into rehab.

Very few of us work under an employment contract, we're all at-will employees. That means, show up for work drunk, get fired, no recourse. it's all well and good to cluck sympathy for alcoholism . . . or cancer . . . or pregnancy, but this is America and the rule is do your job or GTFO. Maybe you're not a capitalist.

they got the win and it is in the record books. Look at the remaining schedule. They have a coach that knows how to game plan according to next game up. They did a good job on limiting Goff (dude is that good). They have a running back that can run for 200 yards on just about any P5s school. A nasty ass Dline. They moved the ball at will on um and look what um has done since.

..if it were meth or crack, it would be higher, a lot higher.
MethHead.jpg

I wonder if he was addicted to meth or crack if the self righteousness would be quite as high in this thread.
No clue what this means. People react differently to alcoholism because it has affected many more people than meth or crack. If you're not one of them, consider yourself lucky.

http://www.usctrojans.com/blog/2015/10/sarkisian-terminated-as-usc-football-coach.html
"After careful consideration of what is in the best interest of the university and our student-athletes, I have made the decision to terminate Steve Sarkisian, effective immediately.

"I want to thank Clay Helton for stepping into the interim head coach role, and I want to add how proud I am of our coaching staff and players and the way they are responding to this difficult situation.

"Through all of this we remain concerned for Steve and hope that it will give him the opportunity to focus on his personal well being."
that was quick.

Back