What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Well I think the rest of the world is starting to realize just how ****ing stupid Mike Bohn is.

Does anyone believe that this is the type of thing that can be quantified accurately on how different candidates rank on various factors of success, what those factors are, how relatively important those factors are, and how all of this applies to the specific situation at a particular college?

As the adage goes, "garbage in, garbage out".

Luke Fickell may be a good hire. He may not be. Really good assistant at Ohio State. One year as interim HC in which he managed to go 6-7 at Ohio State. The 6 seasons before Fickell? All 10-12 wins. The 4 seasons after Fickell? All 12-14 wins (with this year 11 and counting).

Are you saying they were bad hires?
Well many people speculate Bohn wasn't even the one who hired McIntyre, it was actually Benson after Bohn botched the Butch Jones situation. So then you are saying that Bohn hiring one good coach out of Hawkins, Embree and Boyle is something to brag about?

Wait... he didn't hire those guys?

I am continually amazed at the ease some people throw Bohn under the bus. Guy wasn't perfect, but he did improve things.
Yeah totally, taking over a big 12 north division winner and turning that into one of the worst teams in P5 history is most definitely improving things. This thing at Cincy just exposes him even more.

Well many people speculate Bohn wasn't even the one who hired McIntyre, it was actually Benson after Bohn botched the Butch Jones situation. So then you are saying that Bohn hiring one good coach out of Hawkins, Embree and Boyle is something to brag about?
I don't buy the conspiracy theory. Bohn was flawed and in over his head here, but he did do some good things. And if anyone was an administration hire, it was Embree.

Wait... he didn't hire those guys?

I am continually amazed at the ease some people throw Bohn under the bus. Guy wasn't perfect, but he did improve things.

There were things about Bohn I did like. But he really did manage to the small-time pageantry and community outreach things along with the political correctness of spreading things around instead of focusing on getting football taken care of as priority numbers 1 thru 10. While he did improve some things, they had the feeling of the ship captain doing a great job redecorating the state room on the Titanic.

I don't buy the conspiracy theory. Bohn was flawed and in over his head here, but he did do some good things. And if anyone was an administration hire, it was Embree.
Agreed. I don't think for a second that Bohn actually wanted Embree. Ironically enough, that was the tipping point for the beginning of the end for him here.

Expect Moschetti to land a college job. Grad Asst at a top program, but more likely a paid assistant spot somewhere.

Yeah totally, taking over a big 12 north division winner and turning that into one of the worst teams in P5 history is most definitely improving things. This thing at Cincy just exposes him even more.
Sigh.

He took over a scandal riddled department that was hemorraging money, built a new IPF for the hoops and volleyball program, elevated the men's basketball team to heights it had never before seen, orchestrated the move to the PAC 12... and hired Tad Boyle and Mike MacIntyre. All the while fighting complete indifference from the CU administration who was more interested in avoiding scandal than it was in winning.
Give the guy a little credit. He's no RG, but any unbiased observer would have to admit he left the department in much better shape than he found it.

If you're an AD for nearly a decade you will accomplish some good things.

Bohn's decisions directly and largely contributed to the worst period in CU football history and without any facility gains.

He sucked

There were people at this University who were openly calling for the football program to be dismantled. That's the situation Mike Bohn walked in to. Debate that.

Lots of very short memories around here.

There were people at this University who were openly calling for the football program to be dismantled. That's the situation Mike Bohn walked in to. Debate that.

Scandal is not new to CFB. Somehow every other program recovered 10x quicker than we did. hmmm

He did exactly what he was hired to do. I'm sorry if you are unable to process that.

There were people at CU calling the 9/11 victims little Eichmans too...the number of people holding a viewpoint is relevant. I do not remember anybody but the lunatic fringe led by D'Annabelle and her ilk having that opinion...

Back